smileP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hip Impingement (anyone?)

Hi all,

I am 24 and I was just starting to seriously train in the gym but I have been diagnosed with FAI impingement (and there is some damage to the cartilage tissue) and they are thinking about doing surgery soon.

Now, I am honestly worried about how this will impact my fitness and sports goals.

If anyone has had it or if anyone is a trainer. Do you think I will have a lot of limitations in the gym exercises? Are there still a lot of exercise to train properly without impacting much on the hips?

Sorry if the question is not that clear.

Thank you to anyone sharing their experience.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    smileP,

The thread title caught my eye and also, today is my hip hinge workout. I don't know anything about your condition, but for me, at least, surgery would be the last option.

GOOGLE RESULTS: https://www.google.com/search?client...XL-gSf-p34BA37

Metroculturist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't give you a advice since i have no knowledge about this, just to hope that all do alright and that you recover soon God bless you

Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What type? Pincer or cam?

Can you squat to depth?

If you get surgery, would they fix the impingement? Shave down the extra bone?

I'm no doctor, but if it was me, and as young as you, I would get the surgery, if they could fix the impingement, especially if you are active.
    Most of my lifting gets posted to Instagram - https://instagram.com/fayerjw/

Best lifts 628/391/727 - Best Total: 1747