Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ocm0710 View Post
    You plan on having your own powerlifting team there? Looks like the perfect gym for something like that.
    yeah possibly, there's a collegiate team and a few of them have been training at our gym especially since no one has power so closed...but we wanted people to have a place to train so they migrated...however most train somewhere else but if they move over or not, we will work on it based on the demand but it's already looking to be pretty good for one.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

Check out my Sponsors at:

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

instagram: hoornstra_strong

******** page is full but I have a fan page as well.

ginovh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Extra days 531

Hey man,

I'm currently running 531, but i like to train six times a week so i added two days. On one day i deadlift & squat and on the other day i bench & OHP, right now i do these days the same way as the 5reps week. Is this okay or is it smarter to use these days for speed or bodybuilding?

I hope u still read this

JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ginovh View Post
    Hey man,

I'm currently running 531, but i like to train six times a week so i added two days. On one day i deadlift & squat and on the other day i bench & OHP, right now i do these days the same way as the 5reps week. Is this okay or is it smarter to use these days for speed or bodybuilding?

I hope u still read this
    Eh, that honestly depends on who you talk to. The program is setup to give the right amount of volume/rest for each muscle so throwing in more days will slightly alter that. With that in mind, if you are going to do more, my opinion is to make sure that they're 1) spaced out to where you're not getting overtrained or at least getting enough rest between each muscle group being worked and 2) make sure that it's not taking away from the goal of the program. If you're trying to get stronger solely, then don't do it...if you're looking for size, then you can and I would do more bodybuilding style stuff. If you're looking for both, then you can do speed but make it light enough to where you can really work on form, explosive power, etc and at the same time get some added reps for the bodybuilding-style training I'm assuming you're talking about.

Hope this helps...and remember like I said, it's an opinion and everyone has a different one when it comes to training. Good luck.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

rustymcmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi jeremy

Is this thread still live if so i have a few questions.

I didnt see you at the arnold this year but when will your next show be what are your current goals?

Also how would a broke ass intermediate lifter go about finding a good training program to up there bench from low 5s to the 600 lb range.
    strongman competitor

Originally Posted by rustymcmuscle View Post
    Is this thread still live if so i have a few questions.

I didnt see you at the arnold this year but when will your next show be what are your current goals?

Also how would a broke ass intermediate lifter go about finding a good training program to up there bench from low 5s to the 600 lb range.
    Hey man, yeah I'm still here.

No, didn't go to the arnold because I had torn my chest and I was rebounding back up so wanted to give some others the chance to lift in there. I was strongest I had been when I got hurt so I'm not too far off from that now. Goals now are to hit 700 in 242 around July, then I'm gonna diet down to 220 and go for somewhere around 650, 660ish...then want 2210 total at 242 after that.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10) RadialDevial is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey jeremy, new to lifting, been at it for just 2 months. It's obviously going to be a long journey. What do you wish you knew about lifting/staying injury-free when you were my age would help me stay in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by RadialDevial View Post
    Hey jeremy, new to lifting, been at it for just 2 months. It's obviously going to be a long journey. What do you wish you knew about lifting/staying injury-free when you were my age would help me stay in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
    The main thing I regret was getting injured at the olympia backstage while warming up and it was all my fault, just didn't know better. I was severely dehydrated due to being unsure of my weight, which was way less than needed, I think around 235, and was lifting and popped something in my bicep. So, it was after that, that I had a long line of small, but nagging injuries that really held me back and I was probably stronger then than I have ever been.

So basically it's to lift smart, know what you're doing with nutrition, etc and to listen to your body. If it says stop, stop. It's frustrating to miss a workout, especially if you drove a ways to get there, but not as much as missing 15 because you pushed through when you shouldn't have.

Good luck man, it's a long process but a fun one.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Registered User WorkinOnDaGainz's Avatar
    WorkinOnDaGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Jeremy,

I have a non-painful clicking sound coming from my outer right elbow, hard to pin point. It clicks like when I fix my collar or bring it all the way up then extend. It doesn't hurt but just bothers the crap out of me sometimes and sometimes it sounds like celery. Do you have any advice or previous history of this issue? It seemed to do this following an arm workout 3 months ago, I have since then changed routines, wear elbow sleeves when benching or overhead pressing, and tried taking almost 2 weeks off to find the noise still present. I have been taking animal flex everyday since then. I also try to get a gallon of water a day but have been slacking on finishing all of it. I tried looking it up online but so many sources I wonder if its just air or a tendon sliding around, or arthritis.

Thanks,

Brian

Registered User WorkinOnDaGainz's Avatar
    WorkinOnDaGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I ran 531 for a year now I pulled some workouts out of Metroflex Powerbuilding Basics which is really blowing me up.

Originally Posted by WorkinOnDaGainz View Post
    I ran 531 for a year now I pulled some workouts out of Metroflex Powerbuilding Basics which is really blowing me up.
    Hey man, with the clicking, it could be anything and hard to say without looking at an xray/MRI (medical field coming out in me) but to me, it doesn't sound like arthritis at all, that's more of a pain that comes and goes and usually with much older age. The tendon sliding or aligning is probably more along the lines of what it is. My elbows pop also, actually one cracks when I extend it away, the other when I bend it. Not every time but about as frequent as you'd be able to crack your knuckles. I also feel slight pressure in there prior that seems to be relieved afterwards. Not sure when or how it started but I'm sure it was lifting. It's like you said, more of a hindrance or annoyance really more than anything but I've been lifting with this going on for years now and I'm good...so...you probably are as well.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey Jeremy, do you have any clinics planned this year at your place?
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Yeah man, so far we've had Richard Hawthorne come to an ABC clinic with me, had a seminar with Josh Bryant and Fred Hatfield, where American Barbell Club came with a few of their sponsored athletes, Marc Lobliner was here, a mock powerlifting meet, and had a strongman clinic with a pro strongman but was delayed due to an injury the day prior. We have a Sanctioned Strongman Show taking place May 13th, then a few more seminars, guest lifters, and ABC Clinics...possibly a powerlifting meet this year as well, if not then definitely next year.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Jeremy, Wanted to run this program by you from a guy that i talked to who I told him what I was generally interested in (Powerlifting) and he gave me this program to start. What do you think

For the next 8 weeks:
    Day 1
    Bench 5x5 rotate bars every two weeks (add weight, 5-10lbs, each week as long as you got all your sets and reps)
    OH Press 5x5 (add 5-10lbs each week)
    Bent over barbell row 4x15 (add weight...)
    Pulldowns 4x15
    Barbell or ez curl triceps extensions 4x10
    Pushdowns 4x15
    100 obliques on each side

Day 2
    5x5 squat rotate bars (I'd prefer a true box squat, but if that's not possible, free squat will do...add weight)
    5x5 deadlift (pssst. Add weight)
    4x20 each leg DB step ups
    4x15 leg curls
    4x15 in and out hips (abduction/adduction)
    4xlong farmers carries with heavy frickin dumbbells
    100 abs

Day 3
    8x8 Close grip bench (add weight, rotate bars every 2 weeks)
    4x25 Incline DB bench press
    50 total push-ups. On handles or dumbbells to get a deep range (touch chest to the floor)
    4x10 OH DB triceps ext (one dumbbell in two hands, DB starts behind your neck, extend overhead).
    4x10 one-arm DB row
    100 each different obliques

Day 4
    5x10 Goodmornings (keep your back ARCHED!)
    4x20 each leg standing DB lunges
    4x25 leg curls (in a different way if possible...with bands, a different machine, etc.)
    4x10 leg press
    100 abs

Day 5
    Take half an hour and hit biceps, traps, and rhomboids hard (curls of various types, pull-ups, facepulls, high pulls, shrugs)
    USN Vet, Student, Loser.

Goals

12-15% BF -Goal met 5/26/2017 at around 10-13%
    1000LB Club - Goal met 11/9/2017. S/B/D 405lb/305lb/425lb 1135 total
    Look like I lift.

Me logging my pathetic lifts. - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174152951&p=1506677001#post1506677001

BeanTrussman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey boss,

Wondering if you knew anything about Boston and the nutrition within their crab meat. Good for body building? Lift hard!

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Ridiculous that someone can bench so much. And I’ve been fighting for 4 months unable to get a pound past 250. I must have **** genetics

rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainclouds55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't know if this is place to do it BUT:

Generally looking for a good idea from someone wiser than me on how to break past plateaus. I really care about in order:
    1. A 315x2 or 315x3 incline
    2. A +180LB Weighted dip for 5

Me: 6 foot, 225LB, 30YO

Max lifts:
    1. Bench: 320x5/ 295x8
    2. Incline: 290x5 / 265x8
    3. Seated Barbell Shoulder Press 230-235 x8 (bar to bottom of chin)
    4. Dips: +160x5 or +135x10
    5. Strict OHP: 165x10 on a good day or 185x4 on a good day

I feel I do a lot of volume relative to most things I see on the internet at higher intensities.

Currently:
    1. I LIFT, Rest, Rest, LIFT, Rest, Rest, LIFT, repeat, so 72hrs between every push workout workout.
    2. I generally have three workouts: Shoulder Press + Weighted Dips, Incline Barbell+ Weighted Dips, Flat+Close Grip bench Day
    3. I normally work in 5-8 rep range for the first item listed. The 2nd lift listed will generally be in 8-12 rep range. A total of ~9sets a workout. This has me lifting 1/3 of the year doing PUSH workouts. I add in a few lateral raises, cable chest flies, and tricep pushdowns if I got time or feel up to it. Most lifts are pushed hard, I'm always maybe 1 rep in reserve maybe.

I'm just looking for ideas on what I should be doing differently. I've been stuck at around these numbers for 9 months and it is frustrating. Should I try doing even more volume? Do I have a given weakness in my lifts that I can focus on?