Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000)

What does "j-ho" know?

What's up everyone, I'm Jeremy Hoornstra and I'm starting a thread here for questions, answers, comments, videos, whatever everyone wants to ask, post, anything. I will do my best to check on here at least daily to answer everyone the best I can. Here's a little background about me.

I have lifted pretty much since middle school, went to state and won it my senior year in weight lifting, but didn't get serious about it until I graduated high school. I got into bodybuilding but noticed that throughout my diet, my bench stayed fairly high, at least over 500 through it's duration. When I was at FSU, I was just messing around and someone who competed in powerlifting told me I just did a world record for a few easy reps and convinced me to get into powerlifting. I didn't want to at first because when you think powerlifter, you typically think of the 400 lb guy with a bunch of hot dogs on the back of his head and I preferred the bodybuilding build as it was my background. But, I went ahead and did it and ended up 5 lbs off the all-time world record for my weight class (242 class) being just under 600lbs. A month or so later I was invited to a competition in Mass. called the New England Record Breakers, or NERB. I broke Mike McDonald's 29 year old world record of 603lbs with 605lbs. Soon after that in the Olympia, I upped it to 615lbs.

A few injuries, tears, etc delayed the next couple years and I stayed pretty much the same but then met up with Josh Bryant and got a strict training routine down and just upped my world record in the 242 class to 661 lbs. Currently, I am very close to breaking the all-time record currently held by Eric Spoto of 722 and hoping to do so in my next competition or two around a body weight of 260.

I am a sponsored ANIMAL Athlete and have traveled around the world now with the best of the best and have been grateful for the opportunities that have been presented to me so far. I have been given a lot in the sport and just try to do my best to give back just as much as has been given to me.

So, like I said, if you have any questions, comments, good or bad, hit me up and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Jeremy
    J-Ho
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

Check out my Sponsors at:

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

instagram: hoornstra_strong

******** page is full but I have a fan page as well.

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In for some knowledge bombs.

A couple of questions I have:

What does your training look like roughly at this time?

What do you recommend beginner - intermediate lifters to train like?
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post
    In for some knowledge bombs.

X2 on your training split.

Thanks for doing this Jeremy, very cool!

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh Jeremy I need you I will suck ****ing dick!!!!

just kidding,but i am a huge fan and can vouch for your awesome dvd "242 raw" which is outstanding and when I messaged you about my first copy not working you sent a replacement out right away and answered some of my questions through email which iam very grateful.

I have noticed you have been posting squat and dead vids as of late,right around 700 for both will there be a full meet in future for you?
    also what advice would you give someone who is going from 315-405?and 405-500?and 500-600?(bench)
    also do still do hang cleans and do u think they have contributed at all to your strength?

Thanks man
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000) JDHOORNY is a name known to all. (+5000)

Right now, I'm on a four day split. However, my back and leg day are tapering because I have show coming up. Therefore, squats and deads are up to a weight in which I can feel it, but not near heavy enough to get hurt or some stupid injury. But, the main days I have now are heavy, hard and high volume chest and a speed chest day with triceps, shoulders, and overall conditioning exercises.

For the beginner to intermediate, I have a few suggestions. First, form is number one. At first, you will make awesome and quick gains but that will start to fade away as you become more and more active in the gym. Don't get frustrated and let your form start to slip to keep the numbers climbing at the same rate. This is where you will get hurt trying to feed your ego. Do not be one of the thousands of people who says "I used to lift but then I blew out my _______" Lift smart and with great form. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither is a 700 lb bench press. Take your time, it's an investment in yourself.

Second, you can always go harder. The idea is to look back a year ago and almost laugh at how hard you thought you were going and realize it's half of what you're currently driving yourself. Don't stay at the same level, push yourself up a notch and do that extra rep, extra set, whatever it is, push through the pain and reap the rewards. Anyone can go to the gym and go through the motions but the best push themselves beyond any limit.

Third, listen to your body. It will get tired and tell you. When you pick up the 45 lb plate and it feels like it's 200 lbs, rest. You won't make any gains lifting exhausted, you'll go through the motions or get hurt. Rest when needed. I usually deload every 4-5 weeks and it is much needed and the following week I kill it like I never have. You don't get big in the gym, you get big if you ate right while you sleep.

Lastly is diet. You are what you eat. If you have an awesome racecar with the best engine, and fill it with ****ty regular unleaded, it won't go anywhere. You must fuel your body like it is a machine. It needs protein, carbs and fats at the right combinations.

Hope this answers what you asked.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Originally Posted by kmc06005 View Post
    X2 on your training split.

Thanks for doing this Jeremy, very cool!
    No problem man, here's my typical split..,

heavy hard chest....heavy legs...speed chest with tri's/shoulders....back/traps. deload every 4-5 weeks as needed
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Originally Posted by kinggorilla View Post
    Oh Jeremy I need you I will suck ****ing dick!!!!

just kidding,but i am a huge fan and can vouch for your awesome dvd "242 raw" which is outstanding and when I messaged you about my first copy not working you sent a replacement out right away and answered some of my questions through email which iam very grateful.

I have noticed you have been posting squat and dead vids as of late,right around 700 for both will there be a full meet in future for you?
    also what advice would you give someone who is going from 315-405?and 405-500?and 500-600?(bench)
    also do still do hang cleans and do u think they have contributed at all to your strength?

Thanks man
    Meet in the future, yes. I have a few goals but the first one is the all time bench record. After that I'll hit some full power.

As for the bench, it varies from person to person. Everyone has a stick point and number one is blasting that out of the water. Work on speed and utilizing all of the aux muscles used in bench including rear delts, lats, traps, delts, tri's, chest, etc. Varying workouts will help but nothing will beat the time put into it. To get to the next level, do what no one else has done was how I looked at it.

Hang cleans, yes they will always help. I loved them because they got my traps strong and I wanted to look like Goldberg. Now, have I done them lately,.,.no. For the main reason that Josh hasn't had me do them. I've done heavier shrugs and shrugs with a ton of weight for a ton of reps which I had not done. Hard to take 5 breaths in a set of 12 reps with over 1000 lbs...
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    when r planning on going for the world record?
    could you give us a run down of sets and rep ranges u would typical use and what exercises you think r best for each body part?

also what do u do to keep your shoulders healthy?(stretching,smr,massage,rottator cuff work,how often,etc.)

thanks

I have a few shows coming up, one in November and one at the Raw Unity in February. Hoping for it in November but will be good either way for over 700.

Sets and reps varies for me all the time. Josh changes it as I approach a show, right now I'm on triples for a few more weeks and it will drop down as I approach. I did 605 for 2 sets of 3 paused a few days ago but it was a little lighter to make sure a strain in my chest that bruised was ok from the week prior. However, I've done sets of 10 as near as two months ago for speed shooting for less than 8 seconds with 495, etc. Doing the same thing all the time keeps you stagnant and I've tried to keep my body guessing.

For shoulders, I go heavy military, shrugs, front raises, laterals, etc. However, for conditioning, I do ITY's, around the world's, and scalpula retractions. My shoulders are proportionately strong so I haven't gone heavy lately but keep the conditioning going through it's entirety. Both my heavy day and speed day are finished with some sort of conditioning sets.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey mate, good luck on that 722. Was having a conversation with some guys about bench programs and progressing to a 4 plate a side bench. One of my answers was that having a spotter with you every time you bench will help you progress faster as he can help with lift off's and give you that confidence to hit a heavier weight in case something goes sideways. A few guys said they regularly lift 90% of their 1RM for reps without a spotter and that if you can't unrack that weight by yourself you shouldn't be lifting it. Thoughts?
    227.5kg(502lb) Bench - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSng_nGiKw4

2015 Goals - 750kg/1650lb Total...done......new goal 800kg/1763lb

Lifting Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/dillguth/

Well, I'm going to agree with you. Some people are hard core, "I got it, I got it" and that's cool. However, lets do some math. Assuming my max is 700, I'm supposed to, by their standards, lift off, with no spotter, 630...regularly. Ok. Can I do it? I have no clue, never tried, probably never will. That's a ton of weight being rotated as you push the weight diagonally up, rotate it over your chest, descend, ascend, and rack it? Can you effective lift with no spotter? Yes. Can you steer your car with your feet? Yes. I don't recommend either.

I will say that the majority of me getting to 600 first off was me putting on a weight I barely got by myself, then going heavier and trying it with a spot. Anything can go wrong, and according to them, I have to risk a strain, tear, cramp, **** I could sneeze or cough, whatever with 630 over my head. Not going to happen. Therefore, my opinion, which everyone has a different one, is that you can push yourself harder, faster, and more importantly safer with a spotter you trust, that knows your lifting patterns, and knows when something isn't right. I have currently 3 guys I trust to lift off for me, I've trusted 2, maybe 3 others throughout my lifting. If a day falls where I have a heavy chest day and I have no spot, then I'm making calls or postponing it. Not worth the risk.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JDHOORNY View Post
    Well, I'm going to agree with you. Some people are hard core, "I got it, I got it" and that's cool. However, lets do some math. Assuming my max is 700, I'm supposed to, by their standards, lift off, with no spotter, 630...regularly. Ok. Can I do it? I have no clue, never tried, probably never will. That's a ton of weight being rotated as you push the weight diagonally up, rotate it over your chest, descend, ascend, and rack it? Can you effective lift with no spotter? Yes. Can you steer your car with your feet? Yes. I don't recommend either.

I will say that the majority of me getting to 600 first off was me putting on a weight I barely got by myself, then going heavier and trying it with a spot. Anything can go wrong, and according to them, I have to risk a strain, tear, cramp, **** I could sneeze or cough, whatever with 630 over my head. Not going to happen. Therefore, my opinion, which everyone has a different one, is that you can push yourself harder, faster, and more importantly safer with a spotter you trust, that knows your lifting patterns, and knows when something isn't right. I have currently 3 guys I trust to lift off for me, I've trusted 2, maybe 3 others throughout my lifting. If a day falls where I have a heavy chest day and I have no spot, then I'm making calls or postponing it. Not worth the risk.
    My thoughts exactly. Cheers for clearing that up.
    227.5kg(502lb) Bench - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSng_nGiKw4

2015 Goals - 750kg/1650lb Total...done......new goal 800kg/1763lb

Lifting Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/dillguth/

No problem man.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

how do u feel the dead bench has benefited u?
    also do u think an 800lb raw bench is goal taht is attainable in your career?(i do)

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for answering my questions, I really appreciate you doing this thread man. Best of luck with smashing the record!
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

also do feel that varying the rep ranges between 10's and heavy triples has kept your progress pretty steady as oppose to just one rep range?

ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stickystickysticky pls

Jeremy, thanks for taking the time to answer questions for us.

How would you advise to find the perfect bench grip? Just through experimentation? Also, what are your thoughts on training bench with different grips?

Oh oh also, how do you get to your level, just a factor of time and perfecting technique, or insane volume as well?

Thanks!

how do u feel the dead bench has benefited u?
    also do u think an 800lb raw bench is goal taht is attainable in your career?(i do)
    Dead press helped me because I never worked on anything like explosion, pausing, nothing. I was very old school and came in just benching like I was taught in high school. I know that it definitely helped my power off the chest a ton and highly recommend it.

I think it's attainable, and that's a goal...but not at first...baby steps, first is 701, then 725 which will hopefully be in the same meet.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post
    Thanks for answering my questions, I really appreciate you doing this thread man. Best of luck with smashing the record!
    No prob, thanks.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

also do feel that varying the rep ranges between 10's and heavy triples has kept your progress pretty steady as oppose to just one rep range?
    Yeah, I was always under the impression that going beyond failure was the key to getting the highest bench the fastest but overal conditioning is. Hard and heavy triples will, now in my opinion, yield faster results than a forced rep, especially if you're hitting the third one with no more left in you.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Originally Posted by ridge_forrester View Post
    Stickystickysticky pls

Jeremy, thanks for taking the time to answer questions for us.

How would you advise to find the perfect bench grip? Just through experimentation? Also, what are your thoughts on training bench with different grips?

Oh oh also, how do you get to your level, just a factor of time and perfecting technique, or insane volume as well?

Thanks!
    Pefect grip is obviously going to vary from person to person. For me, I have stronger shoulders and triceps so I tend to go a little closer where I measure about a thumb length from the inner line. I think a good rule of thumb is to be on your chest with the bar and about a 90 degree bend in your elbow. The more you can stay neutral and balanced in your grip and make sure you're balanced as far as chest, tri, lat, and delt strength, you'll make the fastest gains, even if it means a step back to gain two steps forward.

Training with different bench grips will help with that balance as I do wide grip from time to time for chest. However, that's not where I'm genetically strongest to bench from. Everyone always tells me, "you'd bench more if you widened your grip" and I say, ok, thanks. Especially when it's a high school kid in my gym or something. There's more to it than a smaller range of motion.

As for "my level", I can remember years, and years, and years of leaving the gym 45 minutes after I finished because I couldn't walk, even on chest day. I lift til I throw up sometimes, til my sugar is so low I'm shaking, all the time. The key is consistency. If you look at a snail and watch it, it doesn't look like it's moving. Go away and come back in an hour and it's across the room. It takes time with everything in check such as diet, sleep, training, etc.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's up Jeremy. Since everyone is asking about training and your bench, I'll ask something a bit different. Do you ever give back and help out the powerlifting community in person? Like do you train anyone at your gym? Do you do any seminars? If not, have you ever though about helping out other powerlifters in the state of Florida? Erick, from these forums, actually has a gym in Sarasota with some good powerlifters and bodybuilders. Stig, also from these forums, is starting up a strength gym in Boynton Beach that should have some strong powerlifters as well. Also, FSU actually now has a small weightlifting club and powerlifting team that goes out and competes. I'm sure any or all would be up for trying to set up some thing with you to come visit and train and coach some people. Oh yea and good luck on that world record bench!
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    What's up Jeremy. Since everyone is asking about training and your bench, I'll ask something a bit different. Do you ever give back and help out the powerlifting community in person? Like do you train anyone at your gym? Do you do any seminars? If not, have you ever though about helping out other powerlifters in the state of Florida? Erick, from these forums, actually has a gym in Sarasota with some good powerlifters and bodybuilders. Stig, also from these forums, is starting up a strength gym in Boynton Beach that should have some strong powerlifters as well. Also, FSU actually now has a small weightlifting club and powerlifting team that goes out and competes. I'm sure any or all would be up for trying to set up some thing with you to come visit and train and coach some people. Oh yea and good luck on that world record bench!
    I've trained a few people at my gym but I live in a primarily retirement part of the state...which sucks. But I have trained a few people here. When I was at FSU, I did quite a few of...more motivational speaking to football teams and weight lifting teams where I ended up doing a chest workout throughout going up around 675 or so. When I graduated and moved back, I offered the same thing to the high school I graduated from and he very short and rudely said, "There is nothing have I want, nothing I want for my kids, goodbye." So...on that note, I haven't done anything around here. I was asked by a school in a neighboring city and said of course and no one got back to me. I've gone up and trained with a few of my old workout partners a few times in Tally but they're doing strongman and so I helped a little with that but that's about it. Other than that I'm willing but just honestly hasn't seem desired at least around here. So...if it's able to happen I would as well as I can, harder now with a 5 month old but could always work something out. I didn't know FSU had a team, where do they train?
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've trained a few people at my gym but I live in a primarily retirement part of the state...which sucks. But I have trained a few people here. When I was at FSU, I did quite a few of...more motivational speaking to football teams and weight lifting teams where I ended up doing a chest workout throughout going up around 675 or so. When I graduated and moved back, I offered the same thing to the high school I graduated from and he very short and rudely said, "There is nothing have I want, nothing I want for my kids, goodbye." So...on that note, I haven't done anything around here. I was asked by a school in a neighboring city and said of course and no one got back to me. I've gone up and trained with a few of my old workout partners a few times in Tally but they're doing strongman and so I helped a little with that but that's about it. Other than that I'm willing but just honestly hasn't seem desired at least around here. So...if it's able to happen I would as well as I can, harder now with a 5 month old but could always work something out. I didn't know FSU had a team, where do they train?
    Damn, I can't believe people would not your knowledge and experience. There is a small room under the Suwannee Dining Room that started out for Exercise Science research and now has become the full time room of the FSU Weightlifting Club. Just a few racks, benches, deadlift platforms, bumper plates and Texas Power Bars. Nothing special. Mostly compete in USAPL and a couple have done USPA so I guess you wouldn't be running into them at meets. First time we competed as a team was in 2011 so you were long gone by then. And actually a couple month ago, a few guys became National Champs for the first time in the club.

1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    Damn, I can't believe people would not your knowledge and experience. There is a small room under the Suwannee Dining Room that started out for Exercise Science research and now has become the full time room of the FSU Weightlifting Club. Just a few racks, benches, deadlift platforms, bumper plates and Texas Power Bars. Nothing special. Mostly compete in USAPL and a couple have done USPA so I guess you wouldn't be running into them at meets. First time we competed as a team was in 2011 so you were long gone by then. And actually a couple month ago, a few guys became National Champs for the first time in the club.

Nice man, yeah I was out in 2007, still go up from time to time. I used to work at Yianni's, Aj's, Elements (which is something else now, by publix on tharpe) and Clydes...so have to go see all the friends. I'm going up for an FSU game at some point as a surprise to my son but will be passing through on the way to a show November 9th in Defuniak. If everyone is around, I may try to stop in for a few hours or something but would be the day after the show...so no lifting needless to say. Looks like ya'll have some talent though for sure.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

Nice man, yeah I was out in 2007, still go up from time to time. I used to work at Yianni's, Aj's, Elements (which is something else now, by publix on tharpe) and Clydes...so have to go see all the friends. I'm going up for an FSU game at some point as a surprise to my son but will be passing through on the way to a show November 9th in Defuniak. If everyone is around, I may try to stop in for a few hours or something but would be the day after the show...so no lifting needless to say. Looks like ya'll have some talent though for sure.
    Yea, I graduated but try to go up if I ever get a chance. Even if you don't lift, I'm sure alot of the people there would still be glad to see you just come by and watch them lift and give some pointers. You can add the ******** page and just post on there whenever you're in town and wanna drop by. Thanks alot dude.

https://www.********.com/FSUMuscleLab
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

No, thank you for the info. I posted on there already, pics look good, quite a few of both guys and girls. I'm impressed and jealous it wasn't there five or six years ago.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at:

ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Jeremy, I'm a huge fan of yours thanks for coming to this thread to answer questions. My question is, what is your diet currently looking like?

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FSU brah checking in. Question. Do you even lift?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by ats94 View Post
    Hey Jeremy, I'm a huge fan of yours thanks for coming to this thread to answer questions. My question is, what is your diet currently looking like?
    As a rule, I eat pretty clean. As I approach a show and need to diet, I clean it up to damn near a bodybuilding diet. However, when I'm not trying to lose or off season, I try to make sure I get at least 1.5 - 2 lbs of red meat, preferably steak just cause it has less salt, etc than ground beef...and it tastes better. I'll get on average on top of that 3 chicken breasts and usually twice the carbs as protein from pasta, potatoes, or whatever, just clean. I rotate usually 3 months on, 3 off from eggs in the am and when I do get them, it's a dozen with oatmeal every morning, if I'm not getting any, it's honestly some meat like pork chops or steak and maybe pnut butter and jelly or oatmeal. I may eat a cheat meal once or twice a week but it's not a crazy ass one, just not a clean one, maybe like chinese where it's maybe got fried rice but a ton of carbs, protein, etc. Two gallons of water usually, half gallon of milk, sometimes some apple or orange juice and that's about it. If it's a few hours before a heavy workout, sometimes I'll eat two chicken breasts with a box of macaroni and cheese to fuel up.
    www.jeremyhoornstra.com

www.forum.animalpak.com

and

www.joshstrength.com

follow me at: