Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) styless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can compete easy! I would say focus back, shoulders, bi, chest! Great work!

ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by styless View Post
    You can compete easy! I would say focus back, shoulders, bi, chest! Great work!
    Focus everywhere? Is this some kind of a joke?

ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaboKoszewski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I`ve done 16 sets for chest, 16 sets for back, 12 sets for shoulders, 6 sets for traps, 20 sets for legs, 9 sets for biceps and 10 sets for triceps.

Now when I`m more advanced can I do 20 sets for chest and back, 16 sets for shoulders, 9 sets for traps, 20 sets for legs and 12 sets for triceps and biceps?

My weekly routine has been:

Monday: chest (16sets), triceps (4sets), Calves (9sets)
    Tuesday: back (16sets), traps (9sets), biceps (6sets)
    Wednesday: shoulders (12sets) hamstrings (16sets
    Thursday: rest
    Friday: chest (12sets) triceps (10sets), biceps (9sets)
    Saturday: quads (20sets)
    Sunday: rest

Would it be too much if I increase every muscle groups sets except the light workouts (monday tri, tuesday bi, friday chest will be the same)?

MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MccantsFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    U have the potential!

Originally Posted by MccantsFitness View Post
    U have the potential!
    Thank you!

Could somebody who has more knowledge tell me is it too much to train as much as I wrote in the previous text? I love doing this thing and want to do as much as I can but I afraid I`m going to do too much. I don`t want to ruin anything so I`ll be so happy if someone could tell me

JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) JengleOPKS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You look great.

With focus and determination toucan do anything! Kudos to you.

Originally Posted by JengleOPKS View Post
    You look great.

With focus and determination toucan do anything! Kudos to you.
    Thank you! I appreciate that very much! I hope I can be fitness model and competitor some day!

kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the camera isnt lying...you look awesome..great physique!
    KEN LECLAIR

CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CroatiaBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking good OP, keep it up!

New pic!

New pic from the gym today. I dropped my Iphone to toilet so the quality is very bad. I weigh 84.1kg now so I`ve got 4kg in about 2 months. I guess I`ve bulked too fast. What do you think?
    Attached Images

catalinmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ZaboKoszewski View Post
    Hi! I turned 19 few days ago and I want to show you my progress this far. It`s been about 10 months since I really started lifting. I have made pretty good gains (65kg to 80kg) and I would like to know if I have potential to compete in the future. I have asymmetric abs and chest gape so I`m a bit concerned if my genetics aren`t good enough. I would be so glad if you can tell me your opinions!

Here are some picture of me!

EDIT: MORE PICS!!
    Keep up the good work! Looking good and you do have potential. It depends what your expectations are. If you want to compete keep in mind there will always be guys with better genetics, training harder, eating better and taking more stuff than you do. That's what I think for myself and never expect anything when I step on stage. I'm just happy that I had the guts to do it even if there's one,5 or ten guys that kick my ass in that competition. You know what, as long as you're competing but at the same time enjoy life, have a family, friends and you are healthy that's what matters. I know way too many young bodybuilders that were obsessed with that and they all died very young(car crashes, heart attacks, strokes and "unknown causes") and I'm talking about guys in their 20's.
    Keep it simple

Originally Posted by catalinmn View Post
    Keep up the good work! Looking good and you do have potential. It depends what your expectations are. If you want to compete keep in mind there will always be guys with better genetics, training harder, eating better and taking more stuff than you do. That's what I think for myself and never expect anything when I step on stage. I'm just happy that I had the guts to do it even if there's one,5 or ten guys that kick my ass in that competition. You know what, as long as you're competing but at the same time enjoy life, have a family, friends and you are healthy that's what matters. I know way too many young bodybuilders that were obsessed with that and they all died very young(car crashes, heart attacks, strokes and "unknown causes") and I'm talking about guys in their 20's.
    Thank you for answering!

I hate losing. I really do. I know I`m (maybe) the most aesthetic guy in my age at my gym. But that`s not enough. I want to be twice as good as the others are. I want to push myself harder and harder every time. I want everybody to look at me. I`m not that big yet. There is some guys who has bigger arms than me, guys who squats more than me. They all are little fat and older than me. But I really hate that. I want to be the one who lifts heavier than the others, the one who has the biggest arms etc. And yes, when I step on the stage I want to be the clear winner. Absolutely the best. I mean when I step on the stage on Finland where I live. If I step on the stage in some bigger competition then I don`t mind if I`m not the best. Bodybuilding and fitness is so little sport here so I have to be the best here in Finland.
    Because of lifting I have gained so much self-respect. Now I have the most beautiful gf and I don`t afraid to be myself anymore. I do what I love to do. I go to the gym when my gf is on the school and when she come home I`ll spend the rest of the day with her. I know there is much more than bodybuilding but this is just my lifestyle.

Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi! I turned 19 few days ago and I want to show you my progress this far. It`s been about 10 months since I really started lifting. I have made pretty good gains (65kg to 80kg) and I would like to know if I have potential to compete in the future. I have asymmetric abs and chest gape so I`m a bit concerned if my genetics aren`t good enough. I would be so glad if you can tell me your opinions!

Here are some picture of me!

EDIT: MORE PICS!!
    You look great! You definitely got leaner and you look much better. I have a thread on the IFBB Pro section if you want to ask me any training or nutrition questions.

John
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

www.johnhansenfitness.com

www.musclesatthemovies.com

Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post
    You look great! You definitely got leaner and you look much better. I have a thread on the IFBB Pro section if you want to ask me any training or nutrition questions.

John
    Thank you! I will check it out!

IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndyRS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Let's trade abs OK.

cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok you're 19 at the moment and have a great physique so far (considering how long you've been training).

Your chest looks great. The "gap" as you call it, is in your mind. It is actually a great dividing line separating your pecs.

Your delts look pretty good as well, and nobody notices 'asymmetrical' abs.

I think you should focus on Mens Physique because that's more attainable in the next couple of years. Your genetics aren't great for pure Bodybuilding, and it would take way too many drugs to pack on the size to compete with the guys who are blessed with great genetics.

As for calves here's my advice/information:
    You use your calves constantly when walking and jumping. They get a lot of use every day, and to get them to grow you need to really push them in the gym.

What got mine to grow was following advice I got from the gym owner who wrote me my first routine. Using the standing calf machine as shown below.

What I was told to do is to pick the heaviest weight where I could do 15-20 repetitions
    1. toes pointing forward
    2. Toes pointing out (ie heels together)
    3. Toes pointing in

I would do this at the END of my workouts where I was exhausted and I could just relax under the machine and simply raise my heels with my eyes closed lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmgqO8Jo-k

Originally Posted by cool2001 View Post
    Ok you're 19 at the moment and have a great physique so far (considering how long you've been training).

Your chest looks great. The "gap" as you call it, is in your mind. It is actually a great dividing line separating your pecs.

Your delts look pretty good as well, and nobody notices 'asymmetrical' abs.

I think you should focus on Mens Physique because that's more attainable in the next couple of years. Your genetics aren't great for pure Bodybuilding, and it would take way too many drugs to pack on the size to compete with the guys who are blessed with great genetics.

As for calves here's my advice/information:
    You use your calves constantly when walking and jumping. They get a lot of use every day, and to get them to grow you need to really push them in the gym.

What got mine to grow was following advice I got from the gym owner who wrote me my first routine. Using the standing calf machine as shown below.

What I was told to do is to pick the heaviest weight where I could do 15-20 repetitions
    1. toes pointing forward
    2. Toes pointing out (ie heels together)
    3. Toes pointing in

I would do this at the END of my workouts where I was exhausted and I could just relax under the machine and simply raise my heels with my eyes closed lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmgqO8Jo-k

Thank you so much!

You said I don`t have as good genetics as I need to have in pure bodybuilding. What did you meant for that? My ability to grow isn`t that good or what? It doesn`t matter to me at all if you meant that, because all I want is to have an aesthetic body and competing isn`t the main thing. I`ll do that if I`m just good enough some day.

Originally Posted by IndyRS View Post
    Let's trade abs OK.
    Haha this is so funny bc I`ve always thought my abs don`t look as good as the others :d

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you definitely have potential? Work dem lats and legs though! You definitely got what it takes to compete, imo.

As for calves - i think 6-9 sets per week should get the job done. Thing is, most people do them way to explosively. When you do that for calves, the achille's tendon takes over a lot of the movement, so the key is getting a good stretch and slowly/controlled flexing the calf muscle to do the work and getting a peak contraction which you hold for a good second or two. Do 2-3 exercises (standing and seated calve raises are bread and butter, imo - the basic tried and true exercises).

cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cool2001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thank you so much!

You said I don`t have as good genetics as I need to have in pure bodybuilding. What did you meant for that? My ability to grow isn`t that good or what? It doesn`t matter to me at all if you meant that, because all I want is to have an aesthetic body and competing isn`t the main thing. I`ll do that if I`m just good enough some day.
    Dunno really, structure doesnt look that flash, but train for physique and see how you look in 2-3 years as to whether bb'ing shows would be suitable.

As Stealth Swimmer said, 6-9 sets a week on calves, i.e. train them 2-3 times a week

Dunno really, structure doesnt look that flash, but train for physique and see how you look in 2-3 years as to whether bb'ing shows would be suitable.

As Stealth Swimmer said, 6-9 sets a week on calves, i.e. train them 2-3 times a week
    I really don`t want to be that huge so I think physique is my thing. My idols are Josef Rakich and Jeff Seid so if I could be almost as good as they I would be so happy. From bodybuilders my idols are Frank Zane, Zabo Koszewski and Arnold Schwarzenegger of course. So I don`t even want to be that huge.

So you think I still have genetics to compete in physique and do well there?

I really don`t want to be that huge so I think physique is my thing. My idols are Josef Rakich and Jeff Seid so if I could be almost as good as they I would be so happy. From bodybuilders my idols are Frank Zane, Zabo Koszewski and Arnold Schwarzenegger of course. So I don`t even want to be that huge.

So you think I still have genetics to compete in physique and do well there?
    Yes I do.

Anyway it does take some time to build muscle naturally, so there's no way you'll get "too big" which is a fear a lot of people have. But start studying Mens Physique, research as much as you can about it, follow Josef and Jeff's ******** pages, and see how you go.

I think they are pretty good role models, some of the guys like Jaco De Bruyn are on so much juice they should compete in bodybuilding.

Yes I do.

Anyway it does take some time to build muscle naturally, so there's no way you'll get "too big" which is a fear a lot of people have. But start studying Mens Physique, research as much as you can about it, follow Josef and Jeff's ******** pages, and see how you go.

I think they are pretty good role models, some of the guys like Jaco De Bruyn are on so much juice they should compete in bodybuilding.
    Yeah I know that guy. He looks amazing too but I don`t personally want to look like him. I know Jeff and Josef might use steroids too but even though they are great role models for me. I want to be natural all the way but if I have to use steroids to achieve the body I want then I`ll do it. I believe I can do it without drugs.

GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50) GorillaWear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you really want to I am sure you can! A whole lot of dedication is needed, you seem to have that
    - Gorilla Wear
    FB: http://www.********.com/gorillawearusa/
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/gorillawearusa/
    Weekly contests with great Tanktops, tshirt, wristwrap..and more!

Originally Posted by GorillaWear View Post
    If you really want to I am sure you can! A whole lot of dedication is needed, you seem to have that
    Thank you for answering! And yes, I am very determined and dedicated person. This is what I love to do and therefore this is what I want to do.

What do you guys think? Is it too much to train chest twice a week, firstly very hard and then 4 day after just hit 9 sets where focusing on strength? I have quite good chest but my strength is bad. I`d like to increase my strength.

New pics!

Two new pics of my arms What do you think?
    Attached Images

helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to say you definitely look good and sounds like you've accomplished much in a short amount of time so keep at it!

As to calves I think there is a calves thread elsewhere on the exercise section of this forum.

I think the important thing is to hit calves both with legs straight and knee bent. You can do calves every other day if you like. I think you can also go to failure every time you exercise them as they have great recovery.

Originally Posted by helpfit101 View Post
    I have to say you definitely look good and sounds like you've accomplished much in a short amount of time so keep at it!

As to calves I think there is a calves thread elsewhere on the exercise section of this forum.

I think the important thing is to hit calves both with legs straight and knee bent. You can do calves every other day if you like. I think you can also go to failure every time you exercise them as they have great recovery.
    Thank you! My calves are sored two or three days after the workout. So I can do calves twice a week

phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000) phenomenon777 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking good bro!
    My epic transformation video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek3tYgXgQBQ