Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nikhiln25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

NikhilN25's Fat Loss Log

A little background on me: I'm 23, 213 lbs and about 5-10. I have body fat some where around 25%, and for most of my life I have hovered around 20-25%. The heaviest I weighed in my life was 230lbs, which was about a year ago.

I've been working out on and off for years. The most common reason I stop for an extended period of time is inconvenient schedule because of work hours. However, recently I've been in a situation that works out perfectly for me to focus on my fitness. I recently switched jobs and now I have a gym in my building that opens at 6:00AM, so it really gives me no reason to not go work out.

I live in New Jersey, and work in NYC with about an hour commute. I go to the gym in the morning when it opens, so I can be at my desk by 7AM. So I'm usually on the train by 5:00AM to hit the gym.

The purpose of this log is really for myself to track my progress and reflect on my diet and workouts. My goal is to try to update this log at least once a day.

My goal is to cut to 170 lbs before I think about the next chapter in life will be. However, the way I approach my fitness (and really anything in life) is to break down a bigger goal into smaller goals spread out over time. So that maybe hitting 200 by thanksgiving, 195 by christmas etc.

My current workout routine is 4 days a week, with the days rotating depending on how early I need to be into work (sometimes I'm there 6:30AM-9/10PM so getting a workout becomes near impossible). I break my routine into chest days, back days, arms days, and leg & shoulder days

On chest/back days, I do 3 exercises of 4 sets each, followed by 1-2 miles on the treadmill. On arm days, I do 2 biceps x 5 and 2 tricpes x 5, followed by 1-2 miles on the treadmill. On leg/shoulder days, I do squats + 1 quads, 1 hamstrings, 1 calfs, and then 2 shoulder with no cardio.

I don't count my calories. I've tried it in the past and it is extremely difficult for me to keep up with it because of my random client meetings that pop up. Instead, everyday I judge my diet on nutritional quality (high/medium/low). I target at least 4 high quality days a week and no more than 1 low quality day.

I weigh myself on the 15th and last day of every month. On the last day of every month, I also take progress pics. Here are some pics to start with, as of Aug 31. Will post next round of progress pics Oct 1st w. side by side comparisons.

So let's get this started. Current goal is 205lbs by Halloween. Tomorrow morning is chest and I'll write up a post tomorrow after work.