CF814 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thoughts on this type of diet?

So I recently decided to stop being a lard a** and do something about it. This was about 7 months ago and around this time I came across mike chang and his programs. I'm currently following his Insane Home Fat Loss workout plan and diet. They sounded ok for me because i'm not really FAT I just have some lower belly fat I really want to get rid of.

The workouts are just HIIT 20-25 min 5 days a week, I do some weight lifting but all I have is a bar and 40 lbs. The diet tells me not to count calories but just eat a small meal every 3 hours. When I started to look around here I noticed everyone is really strict about macros and calories, so do you think this diet is bs?

My maintence calories is 2796 according to fitness magazine. So I should be eating about 2290 to lose weight I believe, and I'm not sure i'm getting enough with this type of diet, but then again I wouldn't know since i'm not counting calories right? lol. But back to the main topic, thoughts on this diet?

RIP Calisthenics only1113 Leeuf's Avatar
    Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CF814 View Post
    The diet tells me not to count calories but just eat a small meal every 3 hours. When I started to look around here I noticed everyone is really strict about macros and calories, so do you think this diet is bs?

My maintence calories is 2796 according to fitness magazine. So I should be eating about 2290 to lose weight I believe, and I'm not sure i'm getting enough with this type of diet, but then again I wouldn't know since i'm not counting calories right? lol. But back to the main topic, thoughts on this diet?
    The principles of managing your body composition are:

1. Calculate your macronutient needs
    2. Meal timing is irrelevant

This is basically 100% contradictory to the diet you have learned about. What you have heard might cause some people to lose weight purely because they started exercising, but in the long term it will fail.

Please take the time to read the first post in this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Stick to your macronutrients, don't worry about meal timing, lift weights 3 times a week (more times when you become more advanced) concentrating on building strength and do some HIIT 1 - 3 times a week if you want. Do that and you're see very positive changes.

Originally Posted by Leeuf View Post
    The principles of managing your body composition are:

1. Calculate your macronutient needs
    2. Meal timing is irrelevant

This is basically 100% contradictory to the diet you have learned about. What you have heard might cause some people to lose weight purely because they started exercising, but in the long term it will fail.

Please take the time to read the first post in this thread:

Stick to your macronutrients, don't worry about meal timing, lift weights 3 times a week (more times when you become more advanced) concentrating on building strength and do some HIIT 1 - 3 times a week if you want. Do that and you're see very positive changes.
    Thank you, I was beginning to think there was something wrong with this diet as I've been following it for 3 months and barely see any changes. Using the thread you gave me I got around the same calories I calculated, now to get my macros.

Also does anyone have some strength training workouts I can do with just a bar and only 40lbs of weights and no bench? Money is kind of tight so I cant really afford a gym memb or some more weights.

RIP Calisthenics only1113 Leeuf's Avatar
    Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also does anyone have some strength training workouts I can do with just a bar and only 40lbs of weights and no bench? Money is kind of tight so I cant really afford a gym memb or some more weights.
    Feel free to join us in the calisthenics thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...21351&page=141

Calisthenics is great for building muscle and losing fat. You don't need any equipment except maybe a pullup bar.

Thanks I'll check it out. One last question lol.. I calculated that I needed 221g of protein 221 of carbs and 49g of fat. That cant be accurate can it? I'm moderately active weighing at 160 age 18.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks I'll check it out. One last question lol.. I calculated that I needed 221g of protein 221 of carbs and 49g of fat. That cant be accurate can it? I'm moderately active weighing at 160 age 18.
    Ensure that you consume at least 125 grams of protein and 75 grams of fat per day, with your remaining calories composed from whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer.

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lolz at mike Chang.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Ensure that you consume at least 125 grams of protein and 75 grams of fat per day, with your remaining calories composed from whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer.
    this
    Eat the damn yolk.