Thread: Protein source

BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Protein source

My source of protein are boiled eggs and whey shakes. Good idea or I need some change?

My whey intake is around 120 grams of protein.
    My boiled egg intake is 2 a day (28 grams).

Also, I hear that whey shakes are basically processed fast food according to another reply I read earlier. True or bull?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How much do you weigh? I ask because that will largely determine your protein requirement.

Also, while whey protein powders are just processed fast food, that does not mean you can't consume them yet have a good diet.

However, if your diet is so acutely deficient in protein that you would need to consume that much whey protein powder to reach sufficiency, it implies your diet is astonishingly poor.

Kimchimuffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not too sure myself. From what I understand whey is a fast digesting protein, so you might want to add in some more slow digesting proteins throughout the day, specifically before you sleep you might want to try some casein.

fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Kimchimuffin View Post
    Not too sure myself. From what I understand whey is a fast digesting protein, so you might want to add in some more slow digesting proteins throughout the day, specifically before you sleep you might want to try some casein.
    Casein FTW!!!!!

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kimchimuffin View Post
    Please disregard this nonsense.

OP, here's the answer and my opinion:

- Yes, Whey protein or any powdered form of protein is simply fast food which is highly processed (look at the ingredients), but it is also an easy source of protein
    - I prefer eating real whole food instead of chugging a protein shake that doesn't taste like a good ol' steak, or ribs, or salmon sashimi, or oh god I'm hungry now

Originally Posted by fawad213 View Post
    Casein FTW!!!!!
    Wasting your money on marketed supplements that steals money from the naive FTW!
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're trying to put on weight than eat beef and streak.

If you're trying to lose some weight while still getting lots of protein eat chicken breasts.

Those foods are loaded in protein.
    **Swole Sports Nutrition Representative**

Check us out on BB.com:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/swole-sports-nutrition.html

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jkh25 View Post

If you're trying to lose some weight while still getting lots of protein eat chicken breasts.
    I presume you're joking, right?

Net energy efflux from adipocytes is governed by the lesser sum of de novo lipogenesis and re-esterification compared to lipolysis. What does this mean?

Well, it means that means energy balance is the governor, not the names of the foods you eat.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jkh25 View Post

Those foods are loaded in protein.
    I ate beef yesterday and I was supposed to cut, am I magically gonna gain weight?

Crap, when I was bulking I ate chicken, did I just lose all my gains?

Pls help.

fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Please disregard this nonsense.

OP, here's the answer and my opinion:

- Yes, Whey protein or any powdered form of protein is simply fast food which is highly processed (look at the ingredients), but it is also an easy source of protein
    - I prefer eating real whole food instead of chugging a protein shake that doesn't taste like a good ol' steak, or ribs, or salmon sashimi, or oh god I'm hungry now

Wasting your money on marketed supplements that steals money from the naive FTW!
    Whatever works for who ever, if someone needs a kick start and if they can get that with a supplement, then why not.

Whatever works for who ever, if someone needs a kick start and if they can get that with a supplement, then why not.
    If someone is eating sufficient protein in whole foods and his/her budget is not affected, it is better instead of feeding money to the rich already.

If someone is eating sufficient protein in whole foods and his/her budget is not affected, it is better instead of feeding money to the rich already.
    Alright man, but what about people who can't find the time to cook and eat "sufficient" protein? You've never taken any supps in your life?

Alright man, but what about people who can't find the time to cook and eat "sufficient" protein? You've never taken any supps in your life?
    Then I tell them to visit excuse-land.

Sammich is easy to make, and ppl can buy ham or roast beef.

Living with parents? Nicely ask your parents to buy some source of protein and pack it for school/work.

I take multi-v's, fish oils and preworkout.

Not against supplements if I know they're good and works.

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The "can't find time" excuse is just that... An excuse. I have 2 jobs, go to the gym 4-5 times a week, spend almost every weekend riding enduros or just trail riding, and most of my time off during the week playing mechanic, and yet I manage to find time to cook delicious meals and not take in a single drop of supplements outside of vitamin D.

Wake up earlier or go to sleep later. Spend less time in front of the tv/computer. Prioritize.
    04-09 usmc
    07-08 Operation Iraqi Freedom
    MWSB 372

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat 4.

hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think the bottom line is you should try and get the majority of your protein from whole food sources rather than pounding 4+ protein shakes a day. Protein powders should be supplemental to your diet......

Eggs are a good source but do you not eat any meat?

Originally Posted by hitman79 View Post
    I think the bottom line is you should try and get the majority of your protein from whole food sources rather than pounding 4+ protein shakes a day. Protein powders should be supplemental to your diet......

Yeah... I wonder.

How about fish too?

Canned Salmon is nice too.

hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I consider fish in the meat category.... fish is great, especially ones providing healthy fats such as salmon, sardines, mussles. Just dont eat too much tuna or fish that is high in mercury. I limit myself to one can of tuna a week.

Yeah... I wonder.

How about fish too?

Canned Salmon is nice too.

BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BassGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by hitman79 View Post

I do eat meat but it's not significant enough most of the time. Steak and chicken would be a good idea wouldn't it?

Originally Posted by BassGawd View Post
    I do eat meat but it's not significant enough most of the time. Steak and chicken would be a good idea wouldn't it?
    Anything would be good.

But yes, steak... aww yeaaaah.

Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some ideas for you, greek yogurt has 16g of protein per 200g for a total of 100 calories. 1 cup of oatmeal mixed with 1 cup of milk = 21g for 440 calories. Whole wheat bread has 8g of protein per two slices. Kashi Crunch cereals have 13g of protein per serving for a total of 200 calories, mixed with milk you'll get over 20g.