Thread: Subway Diet

danzail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Subway Diet

Hey I was wondering if it would be bad to a diet that resolved mainly around Subway. My goal is weight loss mainly while being able to gain/maintain muscle. Here are some of the examples my main concern is considered too much carbs due to the bread?

Subway 12 Inch Turkey Breast on Whole Wheat

Calories- 560
    Fat- 9
    chol- 20
    carbs- 92
    fiber- 10
    prot- 34
    sugars-16

6INCH VEGGIE DELITE SUBWAY

Calories- 230
    Fat- 3
    chol- 20
    Sodium- 500
    carbs- 44
    fiber-5
    prot- 9
    sugars-7

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It doesn't seem to be adequate in fats or protein.

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hunttarded View Post
    In micronutrients as well lol.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not enough fat and not enough protein is most likely going to be an issue.

IT'd be much easier and cheaper to buy chicken cook it and eat that and then you can play around with sauces and sides to get enough fat and carbs.

a subway a day will fit fine into a diet but a diet of JUST subway would be hard to hit the correct macros if you're cutting
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

Originally Posted by Hunttarded View Post
    What would you consider to be adequate?

Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    Not enough fat and not enough protein is most likely going to be an issue.

IT'd be much easier and cheaper to buy chicken cook it and eat that and then you can play around with sauces and sides to get enough fat and carbs.

a subway a day will fit fine into a diet but a diet of JUST subway would be hard to hit the correct macros if you're cutting
    Due to my job I am generally away from any facilities so can't really cook anything and I don't get enough sleep as it is to prepare everything the night before.

CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I tried this ages ago.. Its way too hard to get macros right, and I felt hungry all the time. But if it works for you, go for it!

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by danzail View Post
    What would you consider to be adequate?

Due to my job I am generally away from any facilities so can't really cook anything and I don't get enough sleep as it is to prepare everything the night before.
    If you weight 231 lbs...

You should be getting around 195g of protein and at least 95g of fat.

Originally Posted by Follix View Post
    If you weight 231 lbs...

You should be getting around 195g of protein and at least 95g of fat.
    Yeah your right it is really hard! I can get around 57g of fat and 86g of protein if I include a shake for protein. I guess I'll have subway as alternative. can anyone recommend foods that are well basically ready to eat or take little time to prepare.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Buy cooked deli chicken, ham any cold cut meat basically. Skimmed milk. Protein shakes etc
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you could do this but i try to avoid subway when possible as i feel like their food is just so low quality. yes i know chicken is chicken in terms of macros but their food is SO cheap there has to be some type of filler or something in there. i admit its probably not logical and maybe im a little paranoid but i'd much rather buy a fresh chicken breast and cook it myself

Buy cooked deli chicken, ham any cold cut meat basically. Skimmed milk. Protein shakes etc
    What goes into the deli chicken? what exactly is it?

Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    you could do this but i try to avoid subway when possible as i feel like their food is just so low quality. yes i know chicken is chicken in terms of macros but their food is SO cheap there has to be some type of filler or something in there. i admit its probably not logical and maybe im a little paranoid but i'd much rather buy a fresh chicken breast and cook it myself
    I do agree not recently McDonalds re-done there recipe for their beef due to the filler. which has stopped me from eating their beef I'm disgusted by it now. Unfortunately I don't have the time to cook the chicken. How about going to somewhere like redlea or coles/woolworths and buying a cooked chicken and eating only the white meat?
    Last edited by danzail; 08-25-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subway is pretty high in sodium, that's the only problem.

mrcocagerb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrcocagerb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrcocagerb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrcocagerb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Awful idea, don't live off fast food. Go find somewhere that premakes meals and use those. I'm not sure what's in your area, but I know whole foods has tons of prepared items as well as several local quality grocery stores around me.

You can also look into a home delivery service that can help you better meet your needs.

I really just don't see the need to resort to Subway when there is so much info out there on why it is such a bad choice.

Originally Posted by Alexandre76 View Post
    Subway is pretty high in sodium, that's the only problem.
    You're not wrong on the sodium part.
    This was my intake from today. this is including the dinner im going to have soon which is from a restaurant (grilled chicken)
    Cals-1617
    Fat-55 g
    Cholesterol-170 mg
    Sodium-2460 mg
    Carbs-173 g
    Fiber-13 g
    Protein-81 g
    Sugars-20 g

Originally Posted by mrcocagerb View Post
    Awful idea, don't live off fast food. Go find somewhere that premakes meals and use those. I'm not sure what's in your area, but I know whole foods has tons of prepared items as well as several local quality grocery stores around me.

You can also look into a home delivery service that can help you better meet your needs.

I really just don't see the need to resort to Subway when there is so much info out there on why it is such a bad choice.
    Subway was just really a ballpark. It's quick and doesn't revolve around me going to numerous places or searching for a microwave. I need things which are ready straight away. I might go for a drive to the supermarket tomorrow and see what pre-made meals they have which I can heat up for dinner.

I'm sorry but how hard is it to spend 10 mins a night cooking chicken for the next day. IT sounds to me that rather than really having NO time you just don't want to sacrifice what little time you do have. Mate if you really want to lose weight you're going to have to just man up and do what needs to be done.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm sorry but how hard is it to spend 10 mins a night cooking chicken for the next day. IT sounds to me that rather than really having NO time you just don't want to sacrifice what little time you do have. Mate if you really want to lose weight you're going to have to just man up and do what needs to be done.
    Bingo

palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'd be better off making yourself peanut butter sandwiches than anything you can get from Subway.

Well I was going to go to shops today and see what prepared meals they have that I can just heat up. It's not so much the time I just truly cannot cook to save my life. I remember cooking two min noodles and I burnt it twice! one was burnt noodles one I left the water boiling too long came back there was no water and steam everywhere.

ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well I was going to go to shops today and see what prepared meals they have that I can just heat up. It's not so much the time I just truly cannot cook to save my life. I remember cooking two min noodles and I burnt it twice! one was burnt noodles one I left the water boiling too long came back there was no water and steam everywhere.
    Nowadays they have these timers that make noise when time is up ... or you could just pay better attention to what you are doing...

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wtf

How can you leave it boiling too long? It's called two minute for a reason. Stand there two minutes

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol'd hard.
    When you can phuk up 2 minute noodles you're going to have a bad time.

hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hitman79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    veggie sub....for real.?

I eat subway all day when on my cut (well not all day just sometimes for lunch ) I dont know about where you are but you can make any sub a salad with spinach in Canada. I usually get double oven roasted chicken salad. I get tons of veggies, protein, fiber, fat (dressing).

In a bulk I go for the bread.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Takes less than 30 minutes to prepare food for 2-3 days at a time once you get it all down to a system. Bake/boil/grill chicken, cook rice, cook veggies, cook noodles, cook sause, cook ground beef/turkey, cook potatoes, etc etc etc etc endless options. All very simple and easy to cook. Then store in Tupperware. Then bring with you to work and eat cold or put in microwave. Take snacks of greek yogurt and protein shakes if needed.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Banana/Apple/Nectarine + Yogurt + lunchmeat sandwich + poptart. I have that for lunch everyday and it takes me literally 2 minutes to toss together and that includes weighing out my meat on a scale and bagging it all up.