Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are weightlifting shoes worth it?

I am roughly 6'1'' and mobility is not the ace up my sleeve, hence I wonder if its worth it to buy a pair of weightlifting shoes with an elevated heel, to help my high-bar squats, or if I can just put a 2,5kg plate under each foot, wearing chuck taylor's.?

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I will never squat, clean, or snatch without mine.

Worth every penny.

My squatting has never felt so good and smooth since I made the transition.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gurrman View Post
    I am roughly 6'1'' and mobility is not the ace up my sleeve, hence I wonder if its worth it to buy a pair of weightlifting shoes with an elevated heel, to help my high-bar squats, or if I can just put a 2,5kg plate under each foot, wearing chuck taylor's.?
    If mobility is an issue, definitely get shoes. Placing foreign objects under your feet does not provide a stable platform on which to perform a squat, which is paramount for proper execution. I strongly recommend a pair of lifting shoes with elevated heels for you.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Even if you do ultimately get a pair of lifting shoes with elevated heels, I suggest also doing squats with your Chuck Taylor's in order to help maintain ankle flexibility.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic84875 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a little flat foot, semi-flat arc or something, do not remember the medical term. A shoe with a heel feels better for me, than a flat shoe...

I try lifting with my basketball shoes before buying the weightlifting shoes, and also did the 2.5kg plate under the chuck taylor; dangerous maneuver. Obviously, not the same as weightlifting shoes, but it is like a sort of preview. Can give you an idea.

Anyways, you do not need to get a pair ASAP. Eventually; your regular shoes are going to need to be replaced. Buy some weightlifting shoes when that time comes.

Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cleveland33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's really going to depend on where you are with your training. If you are relatively new / still increasing weight - then you will be better off working on increasing your mobility rather than compensating for it. If you are seasoned and have stalled out and have tried other methods for breaking through, you probably wouldn't need to be here asking.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

“You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit.”
    -Wendler

BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ....... I can just put a 2,5kg plate under each foot, wearing chuck taylor's.?
    Don't do that.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    Don't do that.
    ^^What he said.^^
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

Registered User FlyWeightPhenXX's Avatar
    FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyWeightPhenXX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you're stressing the heel while doing bar squats, get proper shoes to save your heels

Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gurrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you all for the answers.. My ankle flexibility has stalled, or I am just stretching it poorly. I'm stretching it several times per day, but I still get a pretty massive forward lean when I squat down without heel elevation.

What is wrong with adding plates below heels? It is rubber plates, so they are sturdy.

Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you all for the answers.. My ankle flexibility has stalled, or I am just stretching it poorly. I'm stretching it several times per day, but I still get a pretty massive forward lean when I squat down without heel elevation.

What is wrong with adding plates below heels? It is rubber plates, so they are sturdy.
    There is a post in the forum. I can't put the link. Busca en google "putting plates under heels squatting". El primer link q te sale es del foro " The biomechanics behind putting a plate .....".

Cleveland23 is right. If your decide to buy shoes in a future: Chuck's are fine and if you want to take something
    Better keep an eye Adidas Adimaster ( expensive but worth it).

BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BloodType3R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You don't see anything wrong with putting large amounts of weight on your back, then awkwardly stepping backwards, only to precariously perch yourself onto small moveable objects while you heavily exert yourself?

I'd suggest you just buy the shoes.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Iceway View Post
    There is a post in the forum. I can't put the link. Busca en google "putting plates under heels squatting". El primer link q te sale es del foro " The biomechanics behind putting a plate .....".

Cleveland23 is right. If your decide to buy shoes in a future: Chuck's are fine and if you want to take something
    Better keep an eye Adidas Adimaster ( expensive but worth it).
    Sorry. Adipowers