AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000) AlphaJude is a complete loser! (-2000)

Left bicep weaker than Right bicep!

Hey new to this site and I'm wondering how to even out my left bicep with my right. I've read to do one extra set with my weaker side on all my isolation exercises and I've also read to start with my weak side for reps and match the set amount with my strong side. The thing is I don't want to take away from my dominant side and let it not improve or is it necessary to let that happen to let my left balance with my right? My bicep workouts consist of both dumbells and barbells. Any good advice is welcome thanks!

Mayza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlphaJude View Post
    Hey new to this site and I'm wondering how to even out my left bicep with my right. I've read to do one extra set with my weaker side on all my isolation exercises and I've also read to start with my weak side for reps and match the set amount with my strong side. The thing is I don't want to take away from my dominant side and let it not improve or is it necessary to let that happen to let my left balance with my right? My bicep workouts consist of both dumbells and barbells. Any good advice is welcome thanks!
    Keep on working out your biceps like normal, they will eventually even out with enough work. Good luck!

Psikiguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Let your left dictate what your right does. if you can only do 8 reps at a certain weight with your left, then do that same weight and reps on the right.

SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @OP

This tends to happen when something within the one arm is “damaged” or injured. It could be a shoulder or elbow problem, but things like that can have a severe impact on your bicep strength. Keeping that in mind, like you said, definitely start with your weaker arm, but not just for the reason you stated. By starting with your weaker arm, you will have more energy than if you do it second. So you might be able to get more power into your reps than if you do your other arm first. In addition to this, make sure you are building both your long head and your short head, as this could really help your bicep get stronger. A lot of people seem to neglect one of the heads by only performing certain exercises. Check out this article if you don’t know how to target each head of the bicep. http://bicepsworkouts.co/articles/bicep-heads/. I hope this helps. Like you said, you don’t want to limit your other arm, so you want to try everything you can to just strengthen the weaker one.

Stephen
    Owner of Sound Mind Killer Body
    http://bicepsworkouts.co
    http://www.SoundMindKillerBody.com
    Author of Pumped: Building Your Best You

Thegymrat97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I have had this same problem too, my entire right side was weaker my right bicep right pec and right lat. The way i fixed it was I dropped the weight and did whatever the weaker side could until it caught up with the other side. Free weights also help instead of machines because you can't just ignore one side by leaning too much. For your bicep problen just drop to whatever your left bicep can curl and add more reps to your sets, in a couple of weeks you should be fine.

eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Switch hands.

Work the weaker arm first. Match the same weight and reps with the stronger arm.
    "Friends may come and go, But a five hundred pound woman can never run from you."