Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
    Strong nut hugging in this thread.
    lol'd agreed.

Strong mma elitists talking about events that took place when they were in elementary school.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
    Wanderlei has never really known what wrestling is. Has he ever even beaten a good wrestler? I mean I guess he beat Hendo, but definitely not one with TDs and top control like sonnen.
    Well considering he beat Arona in the second fight, and he's beaten pure wrestlers with high credentials like Fujita and Van Arsdale, yes. I wouldn't put the latter two in the same category as Chael when it come to bringing pressure, but Wand's wrestling is severely underrated. Aside from the aforementioned Arona and Tito fights, when has he ever LOST because of his wrestling?

Yes, sad because Chael could hold him down for a decision. But Wand's BJJ was legit back in the day and his scrambling was epic to watch.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    Well considering he beat Arona in the second fight, and he's beaten pure wrestlers with high credentials like Fujita and Van Arsdale, yes. I wouldn't put the latter two in the same category as Chael when it come to bringing pressure, but Wand's wrestling is severely underrated. Aside from the aforementioned Arona and Tito fights, when has he ever LOST because of his wrestling?

Yes, sad because Chael could hold him down for a decision. But Wand's BJJ was legit back in the day and his scrambling was epic to watch.
    That's because he barely ever faced good wrestlers his entire career. And when he did it was under pride rules and they'd get stood up in 20 seconds. Fujita and Van Arsdale really aren't worth mentioning.

I forgot that he even rematched Arona, but he won by split decision. I think it's a bad stylistic matchup for Wanderlei.

Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nicklol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its becoming the wwe

with his scripted lines.. fuk off.. never felt so gay watching mma in my life.. chael ruins mma
    Bubble Butt Brahs Crew (BBBC) [as a brah, got a bubble butt & I can't deny it]
    Bidet Crew
    Banned from Dating sites, banned from twitter,banned from reddit crew.
    Try to say Hi to girls on Instagram and get instantly blocked crew.
    ***BLUE LIVES MATTER***

HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's because he barely ever faced good wrestlers his entire career. And when he did it was under pride rules and they'd get stood up in 20 seconds. Fujita and Van Arsdale really aren't worth mentioning.

I forgot that he even rematched Arona, but he won by split decision. I think it's a bad stylistic matchup for Wanderlei.
    Then you can say that he didn't fight wrestlers, but if he hasn't been beaten by wrestling more than once, how can you really say it's a weakness? You can say his wrestling hasn't been tested if you want then, but you can't have it both ways. Not sure why Fujita and MVA (especially Fujita) aren't worth mentioning, but fair is fair then, and it's silly to lean on ONE bad standup against Rampage and spin it into a constant ref bias for Wand. Go watch his fight with Carl Malenko or Yoshida and tell me they stood fights up in 20 seconds.

And split decision means nothing, Arona's grappling was completely neutralized in the second fight.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidDynamite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Then you can say that he didn't fight wrestlers, but if he hasn't been beaten by wrestling more than once, how can you really say it's a weakness? You can say his wrestling hasn't been tested if you want then, but you can't have it both ways. Not sure why Fujita and MVA (especially Fujita) aren't worth mentioning, but fair is fair then, and it's silly to lean on ONE bad standup against Rampage and spin it into a constant ref bias for Wand. Go watch his fight with Carl Malenko or Yoshida and tell me they stood fights up in 20 seconds.

And split decision means nothing, Arona's grappling was completely neutralized in the second fight.
    It has been tested. He got taken down by Liddell for christ's sake. And he's 1-2 against good wrestlers who actually use their wrestling.

I don't need a 10 fight sample to see that his only way to beat Sonnen would be to submit him or KO him on his way in, the latter of which no one has been able to do.

Edit: and the reason why I said those guys don't matter is because we're debating how he'd do against someone like Chael sonnen, who is arguably one of the best wrestlers ever at MW/LHW.
    Last edited by KidDynamite; 08-18-2013 at 12:16 PM.

SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) SurfChris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VANZFINEST View Post
    I wonder how many fans of the UFC Chael Sonnen piss off when he dishespected Joe Rogan during the post fight interview.

BECAUSE I FUKING HATE THAT GUY NOW.

noone dishespects joe rogan like that..noone.
    Disrespected?!?! Gotta be kidding me lol. Their good friends and actually hang out personally lol, you don't think a comedian as raw as Joe can take a joke...lol. Him and Dana were even cracking up with Chael before the post fight interviews. This is what Chael does, master of funny smack talk.

RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then you can say that he didn't fight wrestlers, but if he hasn't been beaten by wrestling more than once, how can you really say it's a weakness?
    because it's an area that other skilled fighters can exploit? I think we can all agree, even though Fedor had basically never lost, his bottom positional grappling was a weakness. The Big Foot fight especially made that evident when he took a ton of extra damage that he wouldn't have needed too. Now, I'll also grant that Fedor had declined and slowed, but guys can still have weaknesses or areas to improve on, even if they've never lost to guys who, on paper, could've exploited those areas in route to victory.
    Deathstroke and I list our most hilariously awful WCW moments (lots of gifs & vids; expect load time):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168458963

"You can't beat mah prices, but you can beat mah meat." - Dusty Rhodes

It has been tested. He got taken down by Liddell for christ's sake. And he's 1-2 against good wrestlers who actually use their wrestling.

I don't need a 10 fight sample to see that his only way to beat Sonnen would be to submit him or KO him on his way in, the latter of which no one has been able to do.

Edit: and the reason why I said those guys don't matter is because we're debating how he'd do against someone like Chael sonnen, who is arguably one of the best wrestlers ever at MW/LHW.
    Originally Posted by RoccoTanno123 View Post
    because it's an area that other skilled fighters can exploit? I think we can all agree, even though Fedor had basically never lost, his bottom positional grappling was a weakness. The Big Foot fight especially made that evident when he took a ton of extra damage that he wouldn't have needed too. Now, I'll also grant that Fedor had declined and slowed, but guys can still have weaknesses or areas to improve on, even if they've never lost to guys who, on paper, could've exploited those areas in route to victory.
    Undeniably it's the weakest part of his game, and the easiest route for Sonnen to beat him. That's never the argument I was having. But to say "Wanderlei has never really known what wrestling is" is just plain incorrect. I'll defend Wand any way I can lol, even if I can still be realistic about where he stands right now.

P.S. How many times has Liddell actually gone for the takedown and NOT gotten it? Just saying...
    - Jens Pulver

RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Undeniably it's the weakest part of his game, and the easiest route for Sonnen to beat him. That's never the argument I was having. But to say "Wanderlei has never really known what wrestling is" is just plain incorrect. I'll defend Wand any way I can lol, even if I can still be realistic about where he stands right now.

P.S. How many times has Liddell actually gone for the takedown and NOT gotten it? Just saying...
    fair, mostly wanted to clarify your position.

and, yes, chuck liddell...81% tdd, 75% takedown offense. http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/figh...etails/113/all

just for comparison, wanderlei...http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fighters/details/275

54% takedown accuracy; 63% takedown defense.
    Deathstroke and I list our most hilariously awful WCW moments (lots of gifs & vids; expect load time):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168458963

"You can't beat mah prices, but you can beat mah meat." - Dusty Rhodes

mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmondo13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So much disrespect towards The Axe Murderer.

If Wanderlei knocks out Sonnen, that would be the greatest moment in MMA history to me. And I think he can do it. Wanderlei is not quite what he used to be, but he has never been submitted OR TKO'd from GnP his entire career of nearly 50 fights and almost two decades long.

Wanderlei is an expert at picking the perfect time to attack and very few fighters can handle it. I can see Wanderlei exploding on Sonnen against the cage and landing some huge punches and knees for the TKO.
    Anti-Phaggotry Crew

i'm not trying to disrespect him. I used to be a huge fan of his and thought he was the best fighter in the world, but over the past few years I've become disillusioned with regard to his record and skills. Most of the guys he beat up back in pride really were a bunch of japanese cans.

in hindsight I think that prime chuck and especially randy would've beat him up.
    Last edited by KidDynamite; 08-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.

SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000) SighGR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i'm not trying to disrespect him. I used to be a huge fan of his and thought he was the best fighter in the world, but over the past few years I've become disillusioned with regard to his record and skills. Most of the guys he beat up back in pride really were a bunch of japanese cans.

in hindsight I think that prime chuck and especially randy would've beat him up.
    So Yoshida, Sakuraba, and Kondo are cans now?

Originally Posted by SighGR View Post
    So Yoshida, Sakuraba, and Kondo are cans now?
    yoshida absolutely.

sakuraba was a middleweight who went 14-14 after fighting Wanderlei.

Kondo I don't know much about and I'm not sure why. I heard about him. Probably because he was more relevant in the previous generation.
    Last edited by KidDynamite; 08-18-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000) Averydabeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by VANZFINEST View Post
    I wonder how many fans of the UFC Chael Sonnen piss off when he dishespected Joe Rogan during the post fight interview.

BECAUSE I FUKING HATE THAT GUY NOW.

noone dishespects joe rogan like that..noone.
    calm down phaggot