Marcydb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique my routine and give me tips PLEASE!

Alright well to start off, i am currently 185 pounds, 5 feet and 11 inches tall looking to build some muscle. I've always have had an athletic frame and my goal is to add about 10-15 pounds of lean muscle mass to my frame within the next two years.

My diet is okay. I aim for about 3000 calories a day with decent amount of protein in every meal.

Btw i am 18 years old and this is what my workout routine looks like.

Monday,wednesday,friday,, --4 sets all within 6-8 rep range

Preacher curls
    Bench press
    Db shrugs
    Lateral raises
    Flys
    Pullups

Someone please tell me what other types of exercises i should be doing that will help me accomplish my goals . I know diet is key when it comes to building muscle, but i also know that i wont get the results i want if i'm not doing the right type of workouts.

Ps. This is also the first time i have Been serious about weight lifting and i have also recently dropped cardio just because i would rather not use up more calories that i probably need for mass.

Thanks, marceldb

cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cba133110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Marcydb View Post
    Alright well to start off, i am currently 185 pounds, 5 feet and 11 inches tall looking to build some muscle. I've always have had an athletic frame and my goal is to add about 10-15 pounds of lean muscle mass to my frame within the next two years.

My diet is okay. I aim for about 3000 calories a day with decent amount of protein in every meal.

Btw i am 18 years old and this is what my workout routine looks like.

Monday,wednesday,friday,, --4 sets all within 6-8 rep range

Preacher curls
    Bench press
    Db shrugs
    Lateral raises
    Flys
    Pullups

Someone please tell me what other types of exercises i should be doing that will help me accomplish my goals . I know diet is key when it comes to building muscle, but i also know that i wont get the results i want if i'm not doing the right type of workouts.

Ps. This is also the first time i have Been serious about weight lifting and i have also recently dropped cardio just because i would rather not use up more calories that i probably need for mass.

Thanks, marceldb
    Dont care about legs bro? Not much care on your back? I would look into 3x full body compound exercises. I would recommend All Pros routine if youre looking for size or ICF 5x5 If your looking for size and strength but geared more towards strength.
    You dont have to drop cardio, just make sure your on a surplus. When you find your maintenance, include the cardio and add the amount of cals you wish.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dump your "program", which might be relevant to a paraplegic.

I recommend this because it is almost impossible to bollocks up, even for a guy who knows nothing about programming:

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-and-strength/

When a simple novice program like that isn't delivering gains, sometime next year, time for a more advanced program like 5 3 1:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._pure_strength

You can run 5 3 1 strictly as a strength program. If you want to get much bigger(with a lot of strength endurance and work capacity), you add the 5 3 1 Boring But Big(5 x 10 for main movement + complementary movement) assistance template for size. It is outlined in the link.

Here is the BBB Challenge, for even more fun:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge

Lift well and prosper.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).