gantlet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Bodybuilding and badminton

Hi, I'm planning to do 2 months of workout program for lean muscle mass. I love badminton & the fitness center which I go to has a badminton court. My question is will playing badminton twice a week hinder my muscle growth? Some of my friends tell that, if you want to build muscle, you should not play badminton, since it involves heavy swinging of arms, which will affect the shoulder & bicep muscles.

WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50)

ILoveMoonpig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most probably no. But it depends on how seriously you play. If its just a hit around, then the gentle movements will probably increase the blood flow to the muscles and help recovery.

If you're heroically throwing your full body weight into every swing and thundering about the court like a lunatic it's not going to be great (and at first, you'll probably find you're too stiff to play well), but even then, its hardly likely to prevent you putting muscle mass on. You'll need some cardio if you're interested in lean muscle gain.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gantlet View Post
    Hi, I'm planning to do 2 months of workout program for lean muscle mass. I love badminton & the fitness center which I go to has a badminton court. My question is will playing badminton twice a week hinder my muscle growth? Some of my friends tell that, if you want to build muscle, you should not play badminton, since it involves heavy swinging of arms, which will affect the shoulder & bicep muscles.
    Depends.

If you just play regular badminton, then no problemo. But if you play COMBAT Badminton, you're gonna looz all yer gainz.
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Thanx ... I play 2 or 3 games max a day, but when I play it I play hard, since I'm more of an attacking player. But I don't play daily, as said, only twice a week. Will that be a problem?

Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Efreeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its always good to mix cardio with heavy lifting. I would say play all you want sir. Its great cardio and I love that game

Nambrada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanx ... I play 2 or 3 games max a day, but when I play it I play hard, since I'm more of an attacking player. But I don't play daily, as said, only twice a week. Will that be a problem?
    It "could be" a problem if you are playing combat badminton because swatting shuttle will put your biceps and triceps in a shape that you would not want. Apart from that, there is no harm in playing badminton once or twice a week. However, playing normal badminton will help you stretch which is good for muscle growth.

If your gym has a pool, I suggest you do that since it helps to look toned and is a damn good cardio. Moreover, it helps you to carve your V, be flexible and increases stamina as well

Originally Posted by Nambrada View Post
    It "could be" a problem if you are playing combat badminton because swatting shuttle will put your biceps and triceps in a shape that you would not want. Apart from that, there is no harm in playing badminton once or twice a week. However, playing normal badminton will help you stretch which is good for muscle growth.

If your gym has a pool, I suggest you do that since it helps to look toned and is a damn good cardio. Moreover, it helps you to carve your V, be flexible and increases stamina as well

Nambrada, you know that my gym has a pool & I suggest you treat your rotatory cuff ASAP so than we can race