mfranc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HELP Bulk Diet Right?

Hi.... So I'm new to the gym life, been lifting for about a month now here are some progress pics. They're not great, and I think the lighting might have played a role in making me look better than what I really do ...

My workout routine

Day 1: Back + Biceps
    Day 2: Chest + Tri
    Day 3: Shoulders + Traps
    Day 4: Legs + Calves

Last set always to exhaustion, then I just throw a High Intensity Cardio day in there when I can, going up hills and a rest day.

Now for my main question.

This is the diet I've been following everyday, it's about 400g Carbs 190g Protein (1.3g per lb of my weight) and about 50 - 60g Fat but I'm scared it might be too much food!

This is my weight history, I haven't weighted myself this week, I'll do soon and update it.

1 June 65 Kg
    9 June 66.1 Kg
    15 June 66.9 Kg

Now this is just after my gym workout, where I drink loads of water so I think that might have played a role there as well.

Here's my daily diet:

4 Weetabix Biscuits
    80g Oatmeal
    1 Banana 1 Pear 1 Apple
    280g Chicken OR Turkey OR Lamb (Salmon as well, but when I eat salmon I change some other things due to fat)
    4 Slices Wholemeal Bread (Low Fat, about 1g each slice)
    200g Green Peas 200g Green Beans
    1 Can of Baked Beans
    77g of Peanuts
    300g Brown Rice
    500ml Semi-Skimmed Milk

What do you guys think?

One other thing, my belly always looks quite bloated, why do you think this is, and how can I prevent it from happening? I drink loads of water during the day but I'm still bloated...

Thanks!
    Attached Images

Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    To keep fat gains at a minimum gain 2-3lbs/month. You can go to 4lbs/month if you want but anything more than that is not needed as you'll gain too much fat. When you first start bulking your weight will jump a little bit due to more food in your system and glycogen levels being filled up. My stomach looks like that as well as times, that's just the nature of bulking and having more food in your system. How much fiber do you eat? That could also be a reason for why you're bloated. Make sure you drink enough water, how much are you drinking? Loads doesn't mean anything as it's subjective. You look lean, plenty of room to grow. Do you have a goal weight?

Originally Posted by Vendetta52 View Post
    To keep fat gains at a minimum gain 2-3lbs/month. You can go to 4lbs/month if you want but anything more than that is not needed as you'll gain too much fat. When you first start bulking your weight will jump a little bit due to more food in your system and glycogen levels being filled up. My stomach looks like that as well as times, that's just the nature of bulking and having more food in your system. How much fiber do you eat? That could also be a reason for why you're bloated. Make sure you drink enough water, how much are you drinking? Loads doesn't mean anything as it's subjective. You look lean, plenty of room to grow. Do you have a goal weight?
    I had never counted my fibre intake before, upon doing so I think I'm between 45g and 50g daily... Which seems a bit too much from what I read on other posts here in BB.

I always carry a 0.65 L water bottle around I that I drink whole about 6-7 times a day so about 4.5 L.

I don't have a goal weight, my plan was to bulk for an year maybe before if I'm happy with what I look like and then cut.

What do you recommend, does this seem like a good diet to you?

Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mfranc View Post
    I had never counted my fibre intake before, upon doing so I think I'm between 45g and 50g daily... Which seems a bit too much from what I read on other posts here in BB.

I always carry a 0.65 L water bottle around I that I drink whole about 6-7 times a day so about 4.5 L.

I don't have a goal weight, my plan was to bulk for an year maybe before if I'm happy with what I look like and then cut.

What do you recommend, does this seem like a good diet to you?
    What do you mean you never counted your fiber....how do you track your cals? Fiber is automatically tracked if you use an app like myfitnesspal, which I highly recommend. I use it along with most people here. 45-50g is on the higher side but it's fine. Your water intake looks good as well. Up to you for goal weight, I agree with bulking for some time and stopping when you feel too fluffy/don't want to bulk anymore. Your diet is ok but could definitely use more vegetables (think broccoli, spinach, kale, etc) and some red meat for iron. I don't recommend eating the same thing everyday as it can burn you out, but as long as you get in all your vitamins and minerals and feel good then you're good to go. Also, make sure you get a minimum of 0.4g/lb of BW for fat and 0.82g/lb of BW for protein to ensure your hormones function well (the fat min) and you eat enough protein to build muscle (the protein min).

Originally Posted by Vendetta52 View Post
    What do you mean you never counted your fiber....how do you track your cals? Fiber is automatically tracked if you use an app like myfitnesspal, which I highly recommend. I use it along with most people here. 45-50g is on the higher side but it's fine. Your water intake looks good as well. Up to you for goal weight, I agree with bulking for some time and stopping when you feel too fluffy/don't want to bulk anymore. Your diet is ok but could definitely use more vegetables (think broccoli, spinach, kale, etc) and some red meat for iron. I don't recommend eating the same thing everyday as it can burn you out, but as long as you get in all your vitamins and minerals and feel good then you're good to go. Also, make sure you get a minimum of 0.4g/lb of BW for fat and 0.82g/lb of BW for protein to ensure your hormones function well (the fat min) and you eat enough protein to build muscle (the protein min).
    I found this article:

bodybuilding dot com [slash] fun [slash] issa64 dot htm

So I just counted my carbs, protein and fat intake, but now that you've shed some light on a few things I'll definitely install that app and make the appropriate changes to my diet, varying in vegetables and meat, it does get a bit boring as well sticking to the same meal plan everyday.

Thanks for the help!