dulcetdelights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need a workout plan for myself at LA Fitness. I'm dedicated!

I just joined LA Fitness, I absolutely love it.
    I have been going a lot - however I realized my plan is unorganized and I really need to focus on strength training (which I haven't been doing)

The personal training sessions were too much for me as a student, and I really wanted them but I need to try it on my own :/ so I'm seeking help online.
    I'm making a workout sheet chart to track my workouts and progress but I need help on how to come about this! I'm really confused.

Here are some specs:

Sex: Female
    Height: 4'10''
    Weight: About 100
    Bodyfat: 26%
    Goal Bodyfat: 15%
    Goal Weight: Ultimately around the same

My fat tends to store mainly in my midsection, so I also really need to focus on not getting chicken legs as I lose my weight. I want an hourglass - what woman doesn't? I also want to decrease my risk for diseases, 26% is too high.

I want to do 4 days of strength per week. I want to split up the muscle groups and can do up to 1 hr each session. Any recommendations or general tips on what muscle groups to target each of the 4 days and more would be great!

I'm really dedicated and motivated, I just need some guidance.

As for nutrition, I have a decent idea of what to do. I actually am a nutrition major but I'm still studying it and learning about it so recommendations there are fine too (especially when it comes to working out nutriton!)

Thanks for your time

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by dulcetdelights View Post
    I just joined LA Fitness, I absolutely love it.
    I have been going a lot - however I realized my plan is unorganized and I really need to focus on strength training (which I haven't been doing)

The personal training sessions were too much for me as a student, and I really wanted them but I need to try it on my own :/ so I'm seeking help online.
    I'm making a workout sheet chart to track my workouts and progress but I need help on how to come about this! I'm really confused.

Here are some specs:

Sex: Female
    Height: 4'10''
    Weight: About 100
    Bodyfat: 26%
    Goal Bodyfat: 15%
    Goal Weight: Ultimately around the same

My fat tends to store mainly in my midsection, so I also really need to focus on not getting chicken legs as I lose my weight. I want an hourglass - what woman doesn't? I also want to decrease my risk for diseases, 26% is too high.

I want to do 4 days of strength per week. I want to split up the muscle groups and can do up to 1 hr each session. Any recommendations or general tips on what muscle groups to target each of the 4 days and more would be great!

I'm really dedicated and motivated, I just need some guidance.

As for nutrition, I have a decent idea of what to do. I actually am a nutrition major but I'm still studying it and learning about it so recommendations there are fine too (especially when it comes to working out nutriton!)

Thanks for your time
    You only weigh 100 pounds but want to "lose fat?"
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Yup, my body fat percentage is very dangerous. I have a hormonal imbalance because I am overweight.

Like I said, I want to be the same weight ultimately but with more muscle. It's body fat percent that matters - the scale means nothing.

I study Pre-Physical Therapy & Dietetics...I am no pro yet and experience means much more but these basics I am well aware of. I'm just looking for some tips on making my workout plan.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Yup, my body fat percentage is very dangerous. I have a hormonal imbalance because I am overweight.

Like I said, I want to be the same weight ultimately but with more muscle. It's body fat percent that matters - the scale means nothing.
    You need to speak to your doctor. I don't have any further advice for you.

Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

You need to speak to your doctor. I don't have any further advice for you.

Good luck.
    I did, and he said I need to lose fat. After, I spoke to a personal trainer that I couldn't afford but informed me strength training is my best bet with fat loss.
    And if you don't have any advice for me you should not have responded to my post.

I did, and he said I need to lose fat. After, I spoke to a personal trainer that I couldn't afford but informed me strength training is my best bet with fat loss.
    And if you don't have any advice for me you should not have responded to my post.

Good luck meeting your fitness goals for 2013.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    She's only 4'10" and female. It doesn't seem that crazy to me that she'd want to lose fat, but I obviously haven't measured her bodyfat.

Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    She's only 4'10" and female. It doesn't seem that crazy to me that she'd want to lose fat, but I obviously haven't measured her bodyfat.

You don't need to measure my body fat. I have provided that information - I am at 26% which is 10% above the healthy range.
    Do any of you people know the significance of body fat percentage vs scale readings?

What does being petite and female have to do with wanting to be in a healthy fat range? Isn't it kind of normal for a human being to want to be in a healthy fat range? These are some very useless responses I'm getting. If you are unable to answer my question, please don't waste your time here.
    Last edited by dulcetdelights; 08-10-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100)
    Okay,
    I'll give you a piece of advice on the fat loss goal. Now, as a nutrition major, I'll tell you right now that this will make no sense to you. In 31 years at this I have come across several "observations" both personal and in others that I "know" to be true, but maybe the science hasn't caught up. Milk products cause fat gain. When I want to lose fat, the first thing I cut out are dairy products (even non-fat ones). It works for me, and others I've known. I certainly would advise you to take a calcium suppliment. Maybe you could even use soy milk. But, if you're drinking regular milk, cut it out and watch the fat disappear. Ever notice how fat babies are from an all-milk diet? I know others think this is "dumb" advice; but they've come to late to tell me it doesn't work. Another trick I use is to eat a can of tuna in water every day for lunch. Just with those two changes and watching my "junk food" intake just a little more closely (I still sometimes cheat), I'm able to lose fat very quickly (that's me, though). I also take Red Marine Algea which helps.

I once had a guy tell me he knew of a diet where I could lose 10 pounds of ugly fat in a week. I said, "Yea, how's that?" He said, "Chop your head off!"

Hank
    Last edited by Ohhank; 08-10-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Originally Posted by Ohhank View Post
    Okay,
    I'll give you a piece of advice on the fat loss goal. Now, as a nutrition major, I'll tell you right now that this will make no sense to you. In 31 years at this I have come across several "observations" both personal and in others that I "know" to be true, but maybe the science hasn't caught up. Milk products cause fat gain. When I want to lose fat, the first thing I cut out are dairy products (even non-fat ones). It works for me, and others I've known. I certainly would advise you to take a calcium suppliment. Maybe you could even use soy milk. But, if you're drinking regular milk, cut it out and watch the fat disappear. Ever notice how fat babies are from an all-milk diet? I know others think this is "dumb" advice; but they've come to late to tell me it doesn't work.

Hank
    Hi Hank,

Thanks for your advice. I don't eat much dairy but I do enjoy yogurt (plain, a lot of it. generally low-fat). I'll take your advice. I believe there are some findings done on dairy showing it to be not as beneficial - especially in adult age. I think it may have been in "The China Study" which I have yet to read. I do have a calcium/magnesium/vit D supplement.

Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100)
    [QUOTE=dulcetdelights;1116698553]Hi Hank,

Thanks for your advice.

You're welcome. When I was 18 (a competitive Teenaged Bodybuilder), I had this gal in her early 20's approach me with a strange request. "Can I work out with you?" I almost laughed. I reluctantly agreed; but she surprised me. She used much lighter weight on everything, but she kept up. She used to say when we were done, "Do you want ta' do it again?" I never knew if she was serious about that or not; but she probably did have the stamina to turn right around and do the workout again. So if you can find a Bodybuilder who will let you work out with him and will let you break in very, very, very slowly; consider doing it. maybe down the road when you're past the beginner stage. For now, pick one exercise per body part and do 3 sets of 8-12 reps twice per week. After two months increase it to two exercises per body part of the same.

Hank

BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to treat you like any other client I have. Run your stats through a daily calorie needs equation. Find the rough estimation for what you need in a day. Start there. If you are gaining weight in over 3-4 weeks then drop your calorie intake by 200-500 calories a day for a few weeks and reevaluate. Get on a basic strength routine. (you can google this) and keep it simple. Don't try to over complicate things. Don't listen to negative information saying "good luck with your goals" Just figure out your daily calorie needs. Get enough protein in your diet, and do some work. It doesn't matter what you eat. If you burn more than you eat you will lose weight. If you eat more than you burn you will gain weight. That's it.
    Get on a nice, solid, simple routine. Throw a little (and I really mean a little) cardio in there.. like maybe half an hour of interval sprints on your off days of lifting.
    You do not need to split up your body parts. That is a bogus myth that "usually" comes into play with the use of hormones.
    Find a nice full body routine geared towards women. Again, this can be achieved by google. Ignore the complicated ones. If you find one that seems simple, it's probably better. Focus on progress. Just do a little more than you did the last time. Eat right. You will get the goals you strive over. This is quite the simple process. People tend to make it more complicated by looking for an easy way around dedication and hard, (but smart) work.
    Michael Jordan lifted every day...

Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153429181

BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadNapple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BadNapple View Post
    I'm going to treat you like any other client I have. Run your stats through a daily calorie needs equation. Find the rough estimation for what you need in a day. Start there. If you are gaining weight in over 3-4 weeks then drop your calorie intake by 200-500 calories a day for a few weeks and reevaluate. Get on a basic strength routine. (you can google this) and keep it simple. Don't try to over complicate things. Don't listen to negative information saying "good luck with your goals" Just figure out your daily calorie needs. Get enough protein in your diet, and do some work. It doesn't matter what you eat. If you burn more than you eat you will lose weight. If you eat more than you burn you will gain weight. That's it.
    Get on a nice, solid, simple routine. Throw a little (and I really mean a little) cardio in there.. like maybe half an hour of interval sprints on your off days of lifting.
    You do not need to split up your body parts. That is a bogus myth that "usually" comes into play with the use of hormones.
    Find a nice full body routine geared towards women. Again, this can be achieved by google. Ignore the complicated ones. If you find one that seems simple, it's probably better. Focus on progress. Just do a little more than you did the last time. Eat right. You will get the goals you strive over. This is quite the simple process. People tend to make it more complicated by looking for an easy way around dedication and hard, (but smart) work.
    When I mean a "solid" routine, I mean something that incorporates full body exercises. Look for compound lifts like the Squat, Deadlift, Row, and Press.
    These are thought of as "Man" lifts, but they serve equally well for females. Do not worry about getting bulky or manly. Females just do not have the testosterone to achieve that. You will become lean and muscular at most.
    Michael Jordan lifted every day...

Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153429181