boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My garage gym in progress (pics) any ideas, suggestions etc

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I barely started 2 weeks ago in making my garage gym (you can find me on bodybuilding.com as boxinggsxr) and im just about done for now until i can think of more equipment to get because i want to make a basic crossfit gym usuing garage and back yard. Its awesome because i have a canal in back of my yard well kind of connected to my backyard so i can use that for running and mark it up with distances etc...
    so far i have
    Body solid gpr378 with lat attach $594
    hoist bench decline-incline-flat $100
    Cap hand grip plates 2x45,2x35,2x25,2x10,4x5, 7' oly. bar plate stand $80
    Cap hand grip plates 2x35 2x25 2x10 2x5 blk 7' oly. bar $50
    Reg. steel 4x45, 4x35, 2x25, 2x10, 2x5 white plate stand $125
    ez curl bar-$25
    Tractor tire-Free
    grappling matts- $50
    boxing bag stand +100lb bag- $60
    100lb ringside thai bag- $70
    100lb heavy bag- $12
    70lb heavy bag- free
    running parachute- free
    total $ spent- $1,166

what i still want are....
    horse stall matts (picking up 6 this weeek $40.89 eatch)
    cable attachments (no clue if im gona buy them or make them)
    rings/ suspension set up (homemade vs ebay ones no clue yet what to pick)
    battling rope (getting 2 50ft fire hoses donated this week)
    resistance bands
    prowler/sled
    ghd
    kettlebells (i might try n make but idk seems risky)
    plyo box 3 in 1 (making tomorrow)
    medicine ball (making tomorrow)
    power lifting platform (making this week)
    slam ball (probably have to buy if i make the medicine ball wrong)
    dry erase board (no clue where to get it at for cheap)
    huge mirrors( no clue where to get them for cheap)

heres a few pics of some of the stuff, My garage is a mess because were having a garage sale tomorrow and I just bought shed so after tomorrow what doesnt sale gets taken to goodwill/thrift store, the rest goes in the shed or attic. let me know what you guys think, also some of the regular steel plates im going to paint and flip/sell them to buy bumper plates

Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of stuff for the price you paid! Good job!!

Post progress after the garage sales!
    English is not my native language

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ya i couldn't believe how cheap i got the weight plates for and then the old guy that sold them to me told me you want a weight plate stand here just keep it i dont need it lol i was amazed...ya i'll post more pics once i clear it out later today
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

Location: Birmingham, Westmidlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000)
    theres that melamine(sp) panel stuff thats suppose to be good for a white board, not tried it myself though.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #4 -!!!---!!!-

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good job
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    clean that mess up !
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

ok so had 2 garage sales and bought a shed and heres some updated pics let me know what you guys think

My thai bag and 20-24-30 plyo box

getting my 2year old

homemade medicine balls
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBison will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks much better without all the stuff lying around!
    Good job!
    English is not my native language

King of All Standards SkinnySquats's Avatar
    SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dry erase board: staples or Office Depot. Mirrors: 3x5' $60 Home Depot. Ive also seen giant mirrors on CL. Please please do not make your own kettlebell. If you must have a cheap alternative, one of those handles with a plate loader would be ok for swings, but not snatches.
    RARE. VTG. HTF.

()---() York Barbell Club #42 ()---() []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #39 []---[]

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Much better after the cleanup

That's a long way to travel for plates tho....that will get old quick
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good progress. Those stall matts will do wonders to your gym. Keep us posted

Originally Posted by SuperBison View Post
    Looks much better without all the stuff lying around!
    Good job!
    Thanks it's feels alot better working out now

Originally Posted by SkinnySquats View Post
    Dry erase board: staples or Office Depot. Mirrors: 3x5' $60 Home Depot. Ive also seen giant mirrors on CL. Please please do not make your own kettlebell. If you must have a cheap alternative, one of those handles with a plate loader would be ok for swings, but not snatches.
    The dry erase board i got at Home depot for $10 bucks and just srewed it into the dry wall then i found the markers and a lil thing i can bolt to the wall to place the markers and eraser on for $12 bucks so beats buying a small one thats framed. oh ya i def wont be making a kb anymore i just dont want to risk it or learn the hard way I found a guy that sells them for $1 a lb but i have to spend $100 at min which isnt bad cuz he said i could mix and match and get bumpers or medicine ball.

THOSE are the mirrors i want so bad but im going to need like 3-4 of them and i've been searching every thrift store, flea market, estate sale etc and cant find them for cheaper than that

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Much better after the cleanup

That's a long way to travel for plates tho....that will get old quick
    You talking about houston to promaxima's place? if so my mom has to go up there alot now for cancer treatment so figured it will give my dad something to do besides waiting around i know waiting around at a hospital is the worst time killer.

Originally Posted by RichL1982 View Post
    Good progress. Those stall matts will do wonders to your gym. Keep us posted
    Ya i cant wait to put another row in $120 bucks just wish tractor supply had military discount. They feel so comfortable compared to the concrete
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just wanted to share a tip with the stall mats, I know they don't always line up perfectly and some have minor thickness differences. So I went to Lowes, got some commercial carpet for pretty decent price, and nailed it into the stall mats. Keeps them from traveling around, ads a little cushion yet the floor is still plenty firm for deadlifts, and gives it a nice finished look. Here is a pic from when I was setting up my gym and what it ends up looking like. I think the carpet cost me about $150 for a 12x18 area.

Edit: And I meant stapled, I have a cheap electric staple gun from Lowes, put some 1/2 in staples in all the corners and it hasn't budged! Then added trim around the edges to keep it from fraying.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

WOW i have to copy that idea that looks really clean inside the only thing i would wonder is how it holds up with sweat with the mats i just spray disinfectent spray and wipe them with a towel how do you clean the carpet?
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    looks good man.

just curious - anyone ever try that urethane sealer from the auto stores (that they use on windshields, etc.) to seal the gap between stall mats?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haven't really had any issues with sweat, I keep a towel handy for myself and just have to sweep once or twice a month. But I'm sure you could steam clean the carpet if it ever began to smell, but I doubt that would happen for a pretty long time. Especially if you are the only person out there.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by boxinggsxr View Post
    ok so had 2 garage sales and bought a shed and heres some updated pics let me know what you guys think
    Can you turn the horse shoe on the front of the bench backward to gain some more room? With the lat pull down hindering where you can place the bench I cant see that combo working that well.

IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3876.jpg
    IMG_3871.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    FINALLY IM GETTING AROUND TO UPDATING THESE PICS was gona start a new thread but no need thanks to the search tool....
    ANYWAY SOME NEW UPDATES,
    -got a few more horse stall mats, $90
    -2 grappling mats that i can fold over real quick to wrestle and then fold back to lift $10
    -2 more heavy bags $30
    -a double end bag $10
    - HOMEMADE PROWLER $75
    -HOMEMADE CALF RAISE BLOCK $6
    -HOMEMADE BULGARIAN TRAINING BAG $2
    - 4X6 MIRROR $40

NEXT ON THE LIST is a GHD

I do not know why the photos come up like a link i was trying to paste them on here can someone help
    Last edited by boxinggsxr; 01-17-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI