amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Working Out At Home

Hey ladies!

For those of us who cannot join a gym, does anyone else work out at home?

I have a spin bike, I cycle outside on my road bike, I'm an avid fan of Physique 57 barre workouts, and I do weights at home.

Anyone else do similar?

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes I do. I don't mind the gym but I just find it much easier to walk into my garage and train. I have pretty much everything, in fact better lol! Except machines. We might get a cable apparatus one day but for now, our free weights are fine.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I work out at home! I have a 300lb oly set, a few dbs (30's, 45's, and 60's) and a rack Going to get a bench soon hahaa! Very limited over here, but I'm creative
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes! I've been training at home for a few weeks now! I was really scared at first that I wasn't hitting the gym( I got kicked out! Omg yes!), that i'de lose muscle, ESP cause I'm a month out from an NPC show! I find photos help you see your progress or if you need to step it up, and surprisingly I've been doing just fine ) I find I have more time in the day too cause I'm not making a half hour commute to the gym, and then back home! I've been stacking winter wood, running around outside doing bounding and Plyo drills up and down the hills as I go, and the dogs are in the best shape ever! The lawn also looks great cause I have a push-lawnmower that's a great workout in itself )
    ***You can do it! Don't give up and keep Pushing through***

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi,
    Yes i have worked out a home for years and i love it. I am not a very social person and it seemed the gym i use to go to everyone wanted to chat. Lord i even wore earphones...lol

I have a treadmill,bike free weights,Bosu and a step bench so i am set. I also like to run outside early before the heatwave hits
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10) amcgltdchix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zarah View Post
    Yes! I've been training at home for a few weeks now! I was really scared at first that I wasn't hitting the gym( I got kicked out! Omg yes!), that i'de lose muscle, ESP cause I'm a month out from an NPC show! I find photos help you see your progress or if you need to step it up, and surprisingly I've been doing just fine ) I find I have more time in the day too cause I'm not making a half hour commute to the gym, and then back home! I've been stacking winter wood, running around outside doing bounding and Plyo drills up and down the hills as I go, and the dogs are in the best shape ever! The lawn also looks great cause I have a push-lawnmower that's a great workout in itself )
    OMG.. how did you get kicked out of a gym? LOL

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    I work out at home! I have a 300lb oly set, a few dbs (30's, 45's, and 60's) and a rack Going to get a bench soon hahaa! Very limited over here, but I'm creative
    I like that you drink beer post work out.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by amcgltdchix View Post
    I like that you drink beer post work out.
    One of the perks of working out at home
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I workout at home too. Don't have enough space for barbells and such, but manage quite decently with my adjustable dumbbells :-D

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I workout at home too, I have a barbel set, several sets of dumbbells, stability ball, and rack to do pull ups and such. It isn't much, I live in a tiny apartment, but it works out well. I might eventually get a gym membership, but doubtfully anytime soon.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep put together a nice gym after 5ish years, I have everything I need in it. Barbell set with 405lbs of plates, Ironmaster dbs that go to 75s, power rack, adjustable bench, other bars/accessories, mats, bands, etc. Built my own foot platform for benching, would like to build one specifically for deficit DLs as well (would need to be a lot stronger since with me + wts it'd have to hold 400-500lbs.)

Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Yay!!! You all look fantastic working at home.

zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by amcgltdchix View Post
    OMG.. how did you get kicked out of a gym? LOL
    Yeah the owner asked me to train a new potential client because he was 'busy' after my workout , and he walked out of the room. So I have this girl the best intro to the gym like a 45 min session she was even jello after and signed up for a 3 month membership! I walked out of the gym and hes just sitting on the couch, I don't even think he said thank you ..The next day I walked in the gym and asked him since I helped him, if he could give me a free week since I'm leaving town soon and just needed another week. He flipped out on me and said the gym costs him $ bla blah, I told him I knew he'd react like that. I could "help him out", but he couldn't do me a favour??? I ended up crying and left the gym.
    So I came back to the gym to train again after the weekend, he approached me said he wanted to talk, I said "sure". Then he went on how I make him feel uncomfortable, and gave me my 50$ membership for the month back and said he doesn't want to see me I make him " uncomfortable"! I told him he hurt my feelings for making me train a potential client and treating me like that. It's for the better, there's a reason for everything!! I ended up doing a TON of yard work, and helped my sister paint her baby room, brought in all the winter wood, and organize my things. God has a reason for everything.
    ***You can do it! Don't give up and keep Pushing through***

SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50) SweetEsquire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I work out at home on my telework days and on days I work past my base's gym hours - I have a bench, adjustable dumbbells, a stability ball, and a pull up rack (although I'm far from being able to do pull ups!).

I typically do circuit training when I'm working out from home and incorporate cardio between my sets if I'm feeling saucy (burpees, high knees, or step ups usually)...makes for an awesome workout...
    When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top...

Mi patria...mi corazon...viva Panama! Para Siempre!

Yeah the owner asked me to train a new potential client because he was 'busy' after my workout , and he walked out of the room. So I have this girl the best intro to the gym like a 45 min session she was even jello after and signed up for a 3 month membership! I walked out of the gym and hes just sitting on the couch, I don't even think he said thank you ..The next day I walked in the gym and asked him since I helped him, if he could give me a free week since I'm leaving town soon and just needed another week. He flipped out on me and said the gym costs him $ bla blah, I told him I knew he'd react like that. I could "help him out", but he couldn't do me a favour??? I ended up crying and left the gym.
    So I came back to the gym to train again after the weekend, he approached me said he wanted to talk, I said "sure". Then he went on how I make him feel uncomfortable, and gave me my 50$ membership for the month back and said he doesn't want to see me I make him " uncomfortable"! I told him he hurt my feelings for making me train a potential client and treating me like that. It's for the better, there's a reason for everything!! I ended up doing a TON of yard work, and helped my sister paint her baby room, brought in all the winter wood, and organize my things. God has a reason for everything.
    What a douchebag of a guy. :/

IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) IndecisiveGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't afford the gym and I prefer working out at home. I've got a pull up bar, bench and weights.
    Indecisive n00b :P

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I train at home and have slowly built up my home gym.

Total price for everything including 400lbs of plates $425. Craigslist and the yard-sale page on ******** is my friend
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

True... I don't have the extra $$ at home laying around for a gym membership that I may or may not be able to hit if I had a ultra long day at work. I have a family to care for as well that is why I enjoy working out at home.

I currently have a professional spin bike that I've had for nearly 10 years now.. a ballet barre for my P57, dumbells (variety of sizes) and a giant yoga ball and some small pilates ball.

I used to have a reformer and wunda chair but sold those. I was not happy how 'boxy' pilates was making me. While yes.. I was lengthy.. I had no curves.

poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've got a power rack with oly weights... best thing I've ever bought
    Twitter: @NorthernLassFit

Instagram: InkandIron666

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SweatShedPhysique

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is he married? Maybe you make his weiner stir and it got him irate that he cant do anything about it
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh and I worked out at home for about a year when I first started.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice begginings. Weight bench and barebell the BF never uses. two 20 lb db's, only one 8 lb db. A stability ball, yoga mat, tubes. Working on getting more once we move to a new place. For the most part I do circuits and do cardio outside...In the texas heat.

I would like to join my gym again for the zumba classes but just can't justify the extra cash at this time.

rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cute conure!

I work out at home. Nearest gym is a good hour+ away. I climb on the cattle pens, lift bags of feed (instead of taking the ATV), rake the barn clean, put new straw down. Do that in the 100+ Texas summer heat and it's a work out.

Originally Posted by rollerpigeons View Post
    Cute conure!

I work out at home. Nearest gym is a good hour+ away. I climb on the cattle pens, lift bags of feed (instead of taking the ATV), rake the barn clean, put new straw down. Do that in the 100+ Texas summer heat and it's a work out.
    Actually it is a Maxmillian's Pionus. She is my work out buddy too. She has a T stand in my work out room and KNOWS when I'm going to work out and better not without her. But kuddos to you for hauling stuff around the farm!

rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10) rollerpigeons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry! She just looked like a black capped conure from the small icon picture (not good detail). I love pionus parrots <3

Shelly45157 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do! I have dbs, curl bar and a bunch of weight plates under my bed, pull up bar in the doorway, balance ball and yoga mats. And several 60-90 day workout DVD series. Single moms with small kids have to do what you can and hauling everyone to the gym just isn't in the cards...nor is paying a sitter so...home is the way to go for me!

bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000) bizarrosaurus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have an adjustable db, a barbell with plates, a yoga mat and tons of trees to practice my chin ups on. Next up is a squat rack and maybe a bench.

ldeford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I workout at my home too.. we have 2 seated Weider work station, bench for presses, misc free wts and bars.. as for cardio. I have a what I call cave man treadmill (no electricity kind) have to sort of do a jump start motion to get going.. and I know I only have 2 - speeds one being more of a jog and the other stopped! My fav is my Nordic Trac... love to X country ski so really helps me stay ready and fit for the winter. I really love the working out at home... the commute is never a problem and I never have try to beat others to the certain equipment I'm needing to work on.. ok well every now and then when my husband and I work out at the same time this is sometimes an issue.. luckily I'm usually an early AM person and he is Afternoon..

MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We've had a ton of equipment at home for a number of years that I've used. I do have a gym membership, but it's mostly for swimming. I swim 4-6 days per week. I do most of my weight workouts at home, but I will do some occassionally at the gym if there is something there I want to use to change things up. My back day is typically done at the gym because they have a pull up assist machine that I love!! I can't run right now, so swimming serves as my cardio, but we also have a Lifefitness 97Ti treadmill, and I have a Kurt Kenetic bike trainer that I use almost daily. I go for long road rides on the weekends. At home I've also done some yoga programs and been through several rounds of P90X. There is a LOT you can do at home, with or without equipment. It's also nice to have it all at home becasue sometimes I just don't want to go to and mess with the gym. Working out at home with your own equipment you can hog the equipment all you want! LOL!

Originally Posted by rollerpigeons View Post
    Sorry! She just looked like a black capped conure from the small icon picture (not good detail). I love pionus parrots <3
    They are quite fun! Conures are pretty sweet too!