Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by abeachparty View Post
    Thanks, I will!
    How did it go?
    My 2014 off-season and prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229683

Prep is a piece of cake. Why? I got kids, four of 'em, nothing harder than that.

Anglican Beach Party abeachparty's Avatar
    abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    How did it go?
    Not so great, in terms of placings. Last in Grand Masters, Masters, and Open MW. Pics to follow. I would appreciate your feedback on the pics, regarding how outclassed you think I was here.
    Yours truly,
    Paul
    http://hotrodanglican.blogspot.com

abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

NPC Midwest Challenge: Grand Masters Comparison pics.

Here are pics comparing me and the one other guy (who beat me) in the Grand Masters:

Yours truly,
    Paul

Masters (40+) Comparison pics.

These are from the Masters class:

Yours truly,
    Paul

Open Middleweight Class comparison photos.

These are from the Open MW Class.

Yours truly,
    Paul

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wow, you went up against some big guys. You definitely held your own with conditioning but I think you could come in even leaner. In the Grand-Masters, your competitor was a bit better in the legs and chest but overall I don't think you were greatly outclassed. In the masters, I thought, again, you had really good conditioning versus the other competitors. I think in terms of placing, 1st and 2nd made sense, although their conditioning was so-so, they had good size. From 3rd through 5th, it was pretty close to me. In fact, I thought your FDB looked better than the guy who beat you in the Grand Masters.
    My 2014 off-season and prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229683

Prep is a piece of cake. Why? I got kids, four of 'em, nothing harder than that.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job man, I would say that other guy had you on leg leanness, but upper body you did well, couldn't see from the back.

The guys in the other class did have a bit of size so that's probably it.

regarding the guys in your fitness center looking the same, I see the same thing often and people seem to be on autopilot sometimes. It's disappointing to see but on the other hand you can show yourself than if you keep working hard you can keep improving, those guys are missing that.

And, finally, pics from my evening routine.

Some stills from my posing routine at the night show:

Yours truly,
    Paul

You definitely have some strengths in those arms and shoulders.

Wow, you went up against some big guys. You definitely held your own with conditioning but I think you could come in even leaner. In the Grand-Masters, your competitor was a bit better in the legs and chest but overall I don't think you were greatly outclassed. In the masters, I thought, again, you had really good conditioning versus the other competitors. I think in terms of placing, 1st and 2nd made sense, although their conditioning was so-so, they had good size. From 3rd through 5th, it was pretty close to me. In fact, I thought your FDB looked better than the guy who beat you in the Grand Masters.
    Thanks. I need to put a little more mass on. And still work on my posing some more. You're right, I still could come in leaner. It seems like I carry fat on my butt when everything else is lean. I'd like to fix that one of these days!

You definitely have some strengths in those arms and shoulders.
    Thanks!
    Yours truly,
    Paul

Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Good job man, I would say that other guy had you on leg leanness, but upper body you did well, couldn't see from the back.

The guys in the other class did have a bit of size so that's probably it.

regarding the guys in your fitness center looking the same, I see the same thing often and people seem to be on autopilot sometimes. It's disappointing to see but on the other hand you can show yourself than if you keep working hard you can keep improving, those guys are missing that.
    Thanks, I agree with your assessment. I'm looking forward to another "growing" season!
    Yours truly,
    Paul

So, I am 5 days out from my last contest of 2013. I'm 174 pounds today, just about a pound less than I was two weeks ago. I have pretty much hit a "wall" as far as how much body fat I can cut and still not fall asleep on my job. So, I may be just a tad leaner at this last contest, but I think my look will be pretty similar.

I have to say that I have learned a lot by doing the multiple contests so close together.
    Yours truly,
    Paul

2013 NPC Central States

Well, I finished 4th of 4 in the Grand Masters yesterday. I thought maybe I could get 3rd, and as it turned out, I only missed that by a single point, since 3 of the 7 judges had me in 3rd.

I'll post pics when I have them. Right now, I will be taking a week off from weights, and then working on rehabilitating my rotator cuff. Thanks for following along on my contest prep journey! I won't be competing again until 2015.
    Yours truly,
    Paul

Originally Posted by abeachparty View Post
    Well, I finished 4th of 4 in the Grand Masters yesterday. I thought maybe I could get 3rd, and as it turned out, I only missed that by a single point, since 3 of the 7 judges had me in 3rd.

I'll post pics when I have them. Right now, I will be taking a week off from weights, and then working on rehabilitating my rotator cuff. Thanks for following along on my contest prep journey! I won't be competing again until 2015.
    Looking forward to the stage pics. Sounds like the placings were fairly close. What's your off-season plan from here?

Pics from 2013 NPC Central States.

This was the final contest I did this year, back on October 19. Just saw the first pics posted today.

Yours truly,
    Paul