Totheskye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool New here here's my goals, current status

Im 23, 5'5, and 220 lbs.

I'm effing tired of being a lazy fata$$ and deciding to quit that **** and get healthy. My overall goal is to get to 150.

I started a couple days ago with minor diet changes including smaller portions of healthier food, instead of my usual mcdicks (which i would say iv quit but don't want to knock on wood) and went on a long ass bike ride, from not exercising at all.

Today I've eaten wayyy less calorIes then normal (checked apx on fitness planner app), and went to the gym for cardio/weights for 90m and later went for a light swim ( that was for my son mostly so no real workout there but it was better then being a lazy ass.)

I'm posting these to maybe help with my motivation. I've done he gym thing before but always quit it, and I don't want to quit the gym ever again. I want to be healthy haha.

Anyways my weight hash changed but I don't expect it to for a few days lol ( I also need to find my good scale that is accurate)

Thinking of buying a food scalE on payday and some small weights for an home stuff

Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baynyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome to the site and congrats on getting this far. You're not too far from where I've been, I'm a little taller and a little older, and of course i'm not a woman, but I know the fata$$ feeling all too well.

You'll find that diet will have a MUCH larger impact on weight loss than will exercise. You need an exercise/diet plan that is complimentary, meaning that you want to do the right types of exercise to help you burn more fat, and a diet that helps your body recover from from those workouts. You've been stuffing your body with junk, which makes it harder to work out, which leads to more junk eating. Good for you for wanting to break the cycle.

You'll find that most folks here subscribe to a macro-nutrient counting diet plan, high on proteins, adequate on fat, and filling the rest in with carbs. Use the stickies in the nutrition forums to calculate your TDEE an find your macro targets. Stick to it and try not to cheat.

As far as working out, you want to focus on building muscle. Lift very heavy weights using compound exercises. Personally I'm use the Rippetoe Starting Strength workout and it's been great so far.

Look around, read the stickies, and ask lots of questions. Good luck!