Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Frontiersman85 View Post
    U lost 25lbs by simply switching to diet coke?
    Wouldnt terribly surprise me...@ 160+ cal/per can... it all adds up...i guess how long that took is also important.

I mean i was drinking AT LEAST 1.5l per day...some days if hot 2l+

At 420 cal p/l on top of my nutritional needs (if this guy was doing the same) - I'd get fat..period
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke and I would chew Orbit (UK orbit is similar to US Extra - our Extra is in pellets whereas Orbit is soft gum which I prefer) obsessively (several packs a day). I started getting sick - immune system just tanked. I was getting weird symptoms as well such as vertigo, tingly extremities, irregular menstrual cycle and palpitations - and read up on Aspartame. Cut them both and went cold turkey. Felt a lot better after. I don't drink any kind of soda now. I do still chew a bit of gum but I make sure it's Aspartame free. Never mind weight loss - avoid Aspartame if you care about your health.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BalhamBeast View Post
    avoid Aspartame if you care about your health.
    Aspartame is one of the most long term tested artificial foodstuffs on earth. Provided it's used in moderation it's fine.

There are a lot of conspiracy and goon sites out there quoting stuff which is flat out wrong, only applies if you take massive doses of the stuff or which has absolutely no scientific accuracy. Of course, Searle didn't hep by buggering the initial evaluation tests in the 70s, but after being in use for 40 years with no directly attributable effects in over 90 countries, it's as safe as anything and probably a good deal more so than glucose.
    Squat (noun) A means of helping men understand what it feels like to give birth.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SleeperService View Post
    Aspartame is one of the most long term tested artificial foodstuffs on earth. Provided it's used in moderation it's fine.

There are a lot of conspiracy and goon sites out there quoting stuff which is flat out wrong, only applies if you take massive doses of the stuff or which has absolutely no scientific accuracy. Of course, Searle didn't hep by buggering the initial evaluation tests in the 70s, but after being in use for 40 years with no directly attributable effects in over 90 countries, it's as safe as anything and probably a good deal more so than glucose.
    I'm right there with you that aspartame is perfectly safe for most people, but like with anything some people do have sensitivities. BelhamBeast may just be one of those that can't tolerate it.

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Aside: To my knowledge the research examining hormonal effects of non nutritive sweeteners is mixed, with several studies showing no significant differences in insulin from diet sodas. Additionally, if there WAS a noticeable insulin response from NNS, one would expect that T2 diabetics would then have to avoid it which isn't the case as far as I know.

I'm all for people doing experiments with their diet so in that regard, good for you OP. I'm personally not at all concerned with aspartame in people who do not have phenylketonuria. Dosage limits are sky-high as far as safety concerns and I doubt anyone could realistically come close to it.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    I'm right there with you that aspartame is perfectly safe for most people, but like with anything some people do have sensitivities. BelhamBeast may just be one of those that can't tolerate it.

Fair point.
    Squat (noun) A means of helping men understand what it feels like to give birth.

higoldey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

curious to know

I love Diet Coke. Recently I drink Coke Zero. Can anyone please explain me differences. I did lots of search on google and found some link like: differencebetween.info/difference-between-diet-coke-and-coke-zero

But still I am curious to know from you body builder guys, Should I continue to drink Diet coke or Coke Zero?

Thanks.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by higoldey View Post
    I love Diet Coke. Recently I drink Coke Zero. Can anyone please explain me differences. I did lots of search on google and found some link like: differencebetween.info/difference-between-diet-coke-and-coke-zero

But still I am curious to know from you body builder guys, Should I continue to drink Diet coke or Coke Zero?

Thanks.
    The only difference is taste. Coke Zero is "essentially" Coke Classic without HFS or sugar depending on the country and has artificial sweeteners added. Diet Coke is not a diet of any regular soda, it is its own product with artificial sweeteners. Both have no calories.

Whether or not to continue drinking it depends on if you believe artificial sweeteners are harmful or not.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    excuse grammar as my diet coke is in the fridge.

Walking proof that drinking 1.25 - 3 litres of the diet stuff drank and i still consistently lost 1.3 - 2 pounds a week. My diet was strict and my cardio as most of you probably know is totally non existent... I will cardio next year after a bulk and cut for 2014 summer.

I do however understand that aspartime is not really a good choice for humans along with the phennylalanine but i dont drink, smoke or eat anything other than whole, unprocessed foods. I want just this one thing to keep me sane.

Experiment.

Did you know you have as much chance of a bee or wasp flying inside your DIET coke as you have an elephant flying inside it....

Pour diet coke on the floor and watch all insects walk round it.....

They do not consume it... So why on earth do we????

Simple. We as humans care for nothing when it comes to processed, unreal foods and beverages..... shameful to say why most of the population is becoming so fatomorphic.
    Interesting stuff!

What about real Coke - do they drink that?
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Simple. We as humans care for nothing when it comes to processed, unreal foods and beverages..... shameful to say why most of the population is becoming so fatomorphic.
    No insects will land on my garlic chilli sauce either, and I'm not giving that up
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK...been 3 weeks...a brief update.

I am certainly sure I am sleeping better....not surprising when one considers just how much caffeine I have removed from my system - much of it after 5 PM!

As far as its impact on the metabolism...it was always going to be a tuff call to parse out ITS impact

But I can say that here I am....in late July ...about 8 weeks out from 1st contest and I still have carbs every day...250 gr of sweet potato at lunch. In past years I have been off carbs on a 4:1 day cycle to try and get the fat moving.
    Im still losing fat and not doing as much cardio as in past years

Weight over the 3 weeks has gone from 84.8kg to 82kg. Body fat measured tonihgt so the real picture will emerge but visually...big change in that time...but again parsing out the diet coke is a hard call

My take is that the metabolism is kicking along better this year.

As to why....like I said a bit hard to say is the lack of the sweeteners but really its the only thing thats substantially different this year to the past 5-6 years

Sleep on the other hand......2x better at least

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe a combo of sleeping better and lack of caffeine?

Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    Maybe a combo of sleeping better and lack of caffeine?
    If you're suggesting the sleep and reduced caffeine is somehow "energising" my metabolism...Im not sure I can how those two things would do that.

I rekon the impact of the sweeteners has been to have some impact on my metabolism that reduces my energy requirements and now they are missing, the metabolism is somehow adjusting and therein lies the benefit.

Alot of broscience in this for sure - just trying to understand the body..

Simple plan.

Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Holobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldent eat those artificial sweetners if i were you guys. The healthissues with aspartame may be grossly exaggerated as someone mentioned earlyer, but if just 10% of the claimed healthissues is true this would be "pure poison" (ww w.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/03/jan03/012203/02p-0317_emc-000199.txt - Added a empty space to this FDAlink between the www on aspartame because I cant add links yet).

I was at a BMI of 17,9-18 for many years, inspite of the fact that i drank 1½-2 sometimes 3L of "real" nonediet cola every day - drinking a lot of this stuff aint equal to weightgains on its own, you also need real food........and yes I used to live very unhealthy, trying to change that at moment and been eating correct for 3 weeks straight to this date.
    Last edited by Holobuild; 07-31-2013 at 03:02 AM.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would think decreased cortisol and increased gh could account for the difference. A blood panel would be interesting.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555