Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickthegreek83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't stop binge eating after competition! HELP!

Hi about 4 days ago i competed in my first body building competition! I dieted for approximately 20 weeks or so and towards the end it got very harsh doing 2-3 hours of steady cardio a DAY + WEIGHTS 6-7 days a week and from 8 weeks out i was on zero carbs and last 4 weeks i was on zero carbs and minimal fats!
    I dropped from 235 lbs to about 180 lbs.

Now that the competition has finished i have not been able to stop eating junk and fatty high calorie food, It is really worrying me but i just feel like a rabbit dog and have no self control. For the whole diet i has such self control and never cheated but now all of a sudden i have no control anymore .

I don't want to blow up again and get fat as that would severely depress me! I don't know what to do to stop HELP!!!! It has been 3-4 days of binging already i dred to see how much weight i have gain but my abs are fading! My Binges are especially bad must have done close to 20-30 k calories in 4 days!!!
    Last edited by nickthegreek83; 07-11-2013 at 06:06 AM.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no one can help you with your willpower and self control man, just have to find a way to stop.
    however this is very common coming off a competition
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you had the motivation for 20 weeks to get ready for your comp, but no motivation to stop binging and get back on the grind?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    no one can help you with your willpower and self control man, just have to find a way to stop.
    however this is very common coming off a competition
    This ^^^^

If you can't beat the cyclng of binging, it may be time to seek professional help OP.

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depriving yourself that hard and long on a restrictive diet is not going to happen without repercussions. Doing that to yourself will mess with your mind. Right now you are swinging the pendulum back the other way. Give it some time but also try to work towards less magnitude and frequency of binging. If you cannot at least progress, seek help. This is very natural and it can be helped if you try to come back eating in moderation and not jumping back on another diet.

Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hypnoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nickthegreek83 View Post
    doing 2-3 hours of steady cardio a DAY + WEIGHTS 6-7 days a week and from 8 weeks out i was on zero carbs and last 4 weeks i was on zero carbs and minimal fats!
    This is the most stupid **** I see. You are going to(already did) **** up your hormones with a setup like this. Going on a low caloric diet with this amount of activity is doomed to fail. If you can't keep up your diet+activity for months of time without issues, your results are most certainly temporarily.

FIRST off. Your body needs healthy fats, especially when your body fat is already low and you have a caloric deficit. Excessive cardio and lots of weight lifting, you need carbs. Sure you can get away with little/zero carbs - but thats just making it hard for youself.

Now what do you think is going on with your body? You never binge without a reason, your body is deprived and most probably you have a hormonal inbalance making you hungry and unable to controll yourself.

It's probably going to take a little time, DONT overdo your workouts, DONT do excessive cardio. Key is to REST and eat healthy. I wouldnt have more than 2-3 (max) EASY sessions of weight lifting (20-30mins) per week. And don't worry, you'll be fine.

When it comes to the binging, try to plan your meals better, get enough proteins and healthy fats (nuts and fish), be sure to hydrate yourself and don't **** this up more by stressing over the weight gain. It's a lot of water and some fat - it's the punishment you get for not being nice towards your body

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    This ^^^^

If you can't beat the cyclng of binging, it may be time to seek professional help OP.
    Exactly^^^^^^^^^^. This is what happens when people deprive themselves of carbs and fats and much needed calories. there are ways to contest prep and not come close to death, OP.

This is how some eating disorders start.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by loganhart View Post
    Exactly^^^^^^^^^^. This is what happens when people deprive themselves of carbs and fats and much needed calories. there are ways to contest prep and not come close to death, OP.

This is how some eating disorders start.
    I can understand contest prep, having bbing as a lifestyle/career. But this is what happens when things are taken to the extreme.

Also a reason why there's an extremely high amount of undiagnosed eating disorder in the fitness industry.

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree...

Done 1200 cals and 2 hrs cardio everyday 2 yrs. ago...results weren't pretty

Originally Posted by Hypnoxx View Post
    This is the most stupid **** I see. You are going to(already did) **** up your hormones with a setup like this. Going on a low caloric diet with this amount of activity is doomed to fail. If you can't keep up your diet+activity for months of time without issues, your results are most certainly temporarily.

FIRST off. Your body needs healthy fats, especially when your body fat is already low and you have a caloric deficit. Excessive cardio and lots of weight lifting, you need carbs. Sure you can get away with little/zero carbs - but thats just making it hard for youself.

Now what do you think is going on with your body? You never binge without a reason, your body is deprived and most probably you have a hormonal inbalance making you hungry and unable to controll yourself.

It's probably going to take a little time, DONT overdo your workouts, DONT do excessive cardio. Key is to REST and eat healthy. I wouldnt have more than 2-3 (max) EASY sessions of weight lifting (20-30mins) per week. And don't worry, you'll be fine.

When it comes to the binging, try to plan your meals better, get enough proteins and healthy fats (nuts and fish), be sure to hydrate yourself and don't **** this up more by stressing over the weight gain. It's a lot of water and some fat - it's the punishment you get for not being nice towards your body
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

victoria0315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is ok, its totally normal and very common. it happened to me as well. Because u deprive yourself of food u like for so long, u tend to start binge eating after, and when u do that, your brain starts releasing endorphins which make you feel good, and it gets so addicting that u want more and more. i think its ok to take a week or so after competition and eat, reward yourself for the hard work and then start fresh with new will power.

Originally Posted by victoria0315 View Post
    this is ok, its totally normal and very common. it happened to me as well. Because u deprive yourself of food u like for so long, u tend to start binge eating after, and when u do that, your brain starts releasing endorphins which make you feel good, and it gets so addicting that u want more and more. i think its ok to take a week or so after competition and eat, reward yourself for the hard work and then start fresh with new will power.
    Binge eating is never "okay". Tempted to neg

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)
    its a NATURAL response so you dont die !

Hi about 4 days ago i competed in my first body building competition! I dieted for approximately 20 weeks or so and towards the end it got very harsh doing 2-3 hours of steady cardio a DAY + WEIGHTS 6-7 days a week and from 8 weeks out i was on zero carbs and last 4 weeks i was on zero carbs and minimal fats!
    I dropped from 235 lbs to about 180 lbs.

Now that the competition has finished i have not been able to stop eating junk and fatty high calorie food, It is really worrying me but i just feel like a rabbit dog and have no self control. For the whole diet i has such self control and never cheated but now all of a sudden i have no control anymore .

I don't want to blow up again and get fat as that would severely depress me! I don't know what to do to stop HELP!!!! It has been 3-4 days of binging already i dred to see how much weight i have gain but my abs are fading! My Binges are especially bad must have done close to 20-30 k calories in 4 days!!!

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i just feel like a rabbit dog

Delirious Mutant.

bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this is ok
    no, no its not.
    Iron & Ice Cream.

Stop Bitchin.

Shred.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    [img]http://data.whicdn.com/images/22334474/rabbit-dog_large.jpg[img]
    Holy phuk
    Lold!

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Silence.
    Eat the damn yolk.

BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BrentEvo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Here's 2k and some change in your CP. well said.
    Portlandbrent C@youtube.com for my workout routines! Copy and paste link if not clickable:)

My girlfriend lifts more than you do:)

Seems like the longer I train the luckier I get.

Cardio sucks.

GH15 approved

Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Binge eating isn't okay, but you guys are telling me you eat civil during holiday feasts?

Please.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Yoy0 View Post
    Binge eating isn't okay, but you guys are telling me you eat civil during holiday feasts?

Please.
    Did you just compete on stage?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Did you just compete on stage?
    Was not referring to the OP's post, was referring to other people who claims Binge eating is an eating disorder right off the bat.

We're human - we **** up - it's natural for us to do so. What draws the line between "normal" and "disorder" is how often you **** up.

Was not referring to the OP's post, was referring to other people who claims Binge eating is an eating disorder right off the bat.

We're human - we **** up - it's natural for us to do so. What draws the line between "normal" and "disorder" is how often you **** up.
    You can still eat foods you enjoy and not binge, a little will power goes a long way, no matter what time of year it is.
    Eat the damn yolk.

You can still eat foods you enjoy and not binge, a little will power goes a long way, no matter what time of year it is.
    I agree, 100% And this is coming from a former binge eater. I found that IIFYM on a bulk is so much more rewarded than a cut..(dem extra cals).

But if my family and I are going to a Chinese buffet, or there's a "finish a 4 LB steak in 2 hours and its free" competition every once in a while..I'm not going to be civil, I'm gonna eat like a savage.

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

^^ This. Stick to eating nutritious wholesome food, OP, and your appetite will settle. You've been denying yourself a lot of important nutrients to get unnaturally lean for a competition. Your body is craving nutrients.
    Heterologously Vaccinated Superior Race Crew

Kurt Russell, Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke Crew

"The dominant economic order rests on unofficial dependency and official individualism. Survival requires the transposition of these two ideas: official solidarity and unofficial individualism."

I agree, 100% And this is coming from a former binge eater. I found that IIFYM on a bulk is so much more rewarded than a cut..(dem extra cals).

But if my family and I are going to a Chinese buffet, or there's a "finish a 4 LB steak in 2 hours and its free" competition every once in a while..I'm not going to be civil, I'm gonna eat like a savage.
    That is up to you if you are going to do that, that doesnt mean everybody else would, If i go out to a buffet, i have my fill yes, but i dont over do it just because i can.
    Eat the damn yolk.

BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Extended long periods of dieting also reduces a chemical called "Serotonin' which regulates Hunger and appetite. Once you start eating High Cho/Sugar which are a main component to transport/build Serotonin Including Dopamine. It becomes a "Drug" like addiction (Sugar Cravings). Not to mention added Hormonal imbalance (low test) which also causes trouble.

Seek professional help while you can. People on these boards may call it "Lack of will Power" However it's not. You're body is fighting back.

Originally Posted by BlackHeart.au View Post
    Extended long periods of dieting also reduces a chemical called "Serotonin' which regulates Hunger and appetite. Once you start eating High Cho/Sugar which are a main component to transport/build Serotonin Including Dopamine. It becomes a "Drug" like addiction (Sugar Cravings). Not to mention added Hormonal imbalance (low test) which also causes trouble.

Seek professional help while you can. People on these boards may call it "Lack of will Power" However it's not. You're body is fighting back.
    Thinking so hard for a 300 Joke here but i cant lol.
    Eat the damn yolk.

BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thinking so hard for a 300 Joke here but i cant lol.
    I chuckled, cause you made me try to think one up myself.

Originally Posted by BlackHeart.au View Post
    I chuckled, cause you made me try to think one up myself.
    You know it was gonna be like "tonight we dine in a buffet" or some chit.
    Eat the damn yolk.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yes that's fine as you can control it & stop at will. Whereas the OP has admitted he currently has no self control. Context.
    Delirious Mutant.

You know it was gonna be like "tonight we dine in a buffet" or some chit.
    Got a boss one here for ya.