bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonito88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Your ABS Routine

I have searched but couldn't find any best abs routines for a way of getting easiest 6-pack . I have started a strict diet, and now will start to work on my abs 2 days a week to get my abs showing.. (Do you think that is enough ?)

On the exercises section, not enough people rated abs exercises so I decided asking you people.

Please list your best abs exercises and routine and I will try to search them on google or youtube ))

Your ideas and experiences will be much appreciated

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My abs routine is basically this: Eat in a deficit until my abs look good. 99% of having good abs involves getting to a low enough body fat that they are visible. From there simply train your abs like you train everything else. If you do total body workouts, do 1 ab exercise a workout like you do every other muscle. If you do a split, include them somewhere in the split. How you train them is of little importance as well. Most guys like cable crunches as they are weighted so progression is easier to achieve. I have a bad back and can't do exercises that cause flexion like cable crunches so I do plank rows, side planks, or curl ups.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your ab work out depends on what you've got to work with OP

if your BF > 20% then you'll have to cut before you start seeing any decent results. Very simply put, using weights will pump them, doing high reps will tone and define'em.

<- 300 situps in a set every other day

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kenjoshx View Post
    your ab work out depends on what you've got to work with OP

if your BF > 20% then you'll have to cut before you start seeing any decent results. Very simply put, using weights will pump them, doing high reps will tone and define'em.

Quite wrong! It has been proven for YEARS that high reps does not tone muscles. Nothing tones muscles. Muscles either get bigger, get smaller, or stay the same size. 300 situps every other day is asinine. Better to do 3 sets of 10 weighted cable crunches 3 times a week then 300 situps every other day. If you do 300 situps every other day how do you progress? Eventually you will get used to doing them progress will cease. To create hypertrophy (muscle growth) you either need to add sets/reps (which if you are already doing 300 seems ridiculous) or increase intensity (weight).

Bottom line is 90% of having good looking abs is having low body fat, the next 9% is having genetically good looking abs, the last 1% is how well they are trained. Plenty of people have GREAT abs and do no direct ab work. Martin Berkhan for example:

He does no direct ab work, simply heavy squats and deadlift. Why do they look so good? He has super low bodyfat, and above average abdominal genetics.
    -Former 300lb club

kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh it has been proven for years? My bad mate, so people like me do not exist iyo. If you know something you don't know it all, i.e. my training routine. It started with 100 situps 3 months ago, with a current goal of 300 situps under 8 minutes time limit, then upping the reps again and decreasing the time limit.

Abs do not just "pop out" coz you're skinny. Another wrong arguement is muscles just get bigger or smaller, no such thing as definition and toning in your dictionnary.. You have bulked strongmen; and you have toned athletes. It's ridiculous to have me argue whether men all grow into a single shape that depends ONLY on how big/small their muscles are.. that's what you're saying dude.

Having better abs is not enough to have the only valid arguement mate

Muscles do not tone. Yes this has been proven! Abs "pop out" for two reasons. 1 you have added muscle to your abdomen (muscles got bigger) and 2 you removed fat from around the abs. Doing insanely high reps of situps is a waste of time. A few sets of weighted ab work is just as good if not better.

Right on the main page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/goulet5.htm

Main quote from the article: "Lets dissolve the misnomer of "tone" right now. The firming-up or toning is due to an increase in muscle tissue as well as a low enough bodyfat percentage to see the definition and shape of the muscles and get rid of the "jiggle"."
    -Former 300lb club

Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ahpuch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Treat your abs/core like any other muscle group. Hit them hard once a week.

I tend to do 40-60 minutes session for my core once a week. If I'm pushed for time that week, it's this workout I skip as I view it the least important (as was said above, compound movements will help make your core ergo abs bigger and stronger).

Weighted crunches (I use the cable machine), hanging leg raises, heavy side bends with a DB, leg raises on the ground (holding for various time intervals), Russian twists, creating some circuits with kick-ups, Swiss ball roll-outs with your legs (in the press up position), press ups to plank repetitions and so on.

If you do any moderate core exercises and have low bf, you will show muscles, but as said above, a lot is genetics and having a strong core does not necessarily correspond to how big or visible your 6 pack is.

I am starting to rip up and fortunately I have pretty symmetrical abs. The only bummer is my lower 2 (to make the 8) are flat as hell, even with weighted work on the bottom part of my core. It's just one of those things.

Stay humble, stay hungry. Sullivan0930's Avatar
    Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    negged for horrible advice..

op do decline sit ups, aim for about 3-4 sets of 10. If you can already do this then add a 10lb weight behind your head (not holding on chest) and do them. This adds great resistance and really strengthens them, i have seen great results from this. Do a few sets of this with reverse crunches and leg raises and youll be good. thats all i do.

alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My diet is what makes my abs. i work them out once a week, i will hit them for a hour in gym and that all i will hit that day. I find this as a good way to rest the rest of my body and just focus on core. OR i do them once a week for about 30-40 min with whatever other muscle i worked out. Usually 4 sets of 4 and alternate every week with exercises i do. I focus a lot on wide rep range and constant changing of exercises i do.

Scisscor me Timbers! bbsapphireee's Avatar
    bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000) bbsapphireee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Know the saying "abs are made in the kitchen"?

Well that's quite wrong and it should be "Abs are made in the gym, but SHOWN in the kitchen"

Just like any other muscle that you want to get bigger, train with progressive overload. All the while dieting and cutting fat to show them off more.

My routine is simple;
    Upper abs - Weighted Cable crunches
    Lower abs - Weighted hanging leg raises
    Obliques - Twist crunches (Don't really want "popping" obliques)

Been doing this for about 2 months, 2-3 times a week, noticing my upper abs through 15% body fat atm

Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    Muscles do not tone. Yes this has been proven!
    What you're calling "pop out" is what's called toning lmao. But this ain't what this is about. You're just thinking that my 300 situps is my advice to OP -like some other dumbass who Pm'ed me about it-. It's just not.

Originally Posted by bonito88 View Post
    Your ideas and experiences will be much appreciated
    Now that you got that straight, it's still failing to mention anywhere in your article that high reps (again, maybe in the 25-50 range) burns more carbs hence reduces body fat. That again is what I mean by questioning OP's 20% <>= bf, since ppl higher than that usuallly do not have the stamina/endurance to do those high reps hence cuting.

You're negging my advice for misunderstanding it.

What you're calling "pop out" is what's called toning lmao. But this ain't what this is about. You're just thinking that my 300 situps is my advice to OP -like some other dumbass who Pm'ed me about it-. It's just not.

Now that you got that straight, it's still failing to mention anywhere in your article that high reps (again, maybe in the 25-50 range) burns more carbs hence reduces body fat. That again is what I mean by questioning OP's 20% <>= bf, since ppl higher than that usuallly do not have the stamina/endurance to do those high reps hence cuting.

The amount of carbs burnt from doing 300 situps is negligible. You don't burn more fat from doing high rep work. Fat burn is all about calories and doing situps doesn't burn that many calories at all. 300 situps might be equal to about 100 calories burned. This is not significant in the grand scheme. This isn't even good broscience, its flat out ridiculous. Please stop spreading this nonsense.
    -Former 300lb club

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

omg stop please
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

you still on about 300? please go

brb Arguing with someone who can't comprehend beyond 2 posts

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you still on about 300? please go

brb Arguing with someone who can't comprehend beyond 2 posts
    lets see that shredded six pack mang
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You train abs just like any other muscle group, once every 5 days minimum with weights, sets, reps, and progressive overload.

Then you have to cut down to a low body fat in order to produce Vascularity of said muscle.

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    here's mine decent amount comes from http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...cle/abdominals

tuesday=abs day
    4 miles on the treadmill @ 8.2mph

set#1
    30 weighted crunches in machine 3x10@30lb
    reverse situps on pommel 3x10@35lb plate
    oblique crunches on pommel 3x10@35lb plate
    hanging leg raise 3x10(right/front/left)@bodyweight

set #2
    Ab Coaster 3x10(right/front/left)@30lb
    Decline Situp 3x10@35lb plate
    landmine 180's 3x10(each side so 20 total)

set#3
    kneeling cable crunches 3x10@180lb
    plank 3x10(45seconds)@25lb plate on my back
    plank supermans (left arm & right arm up/right arm & left leg up @30seconds each side

Sunday psuedo ab day
    4-5mile jog
    yoga-lities class...try a yoga/pilaties class serious stretches you out and yoga pants ftw! hnnnnnnnnng!
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The problem with 300 sit ups is that it's not all that difficult, you need the weight on there. Ill do 120 weighted inclined sit ups at the end of leg days and its still not enough really and I've moved to cable crunches where I can load up the weight and have less back strain.

He does no direct ab work, simply heavy squats and deadlift. Why do they look so good? He has super low bodyfat, and above average abdominal genetics.
    We all don't have above average genetics for abs, it's in the very definition of above average. If the op had above average genetics I doubt he would be posting.
    Last edited by AAOBob; 07-04-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Squats, deadlifts, and clean and jerk.
    ***NEGGED BY MOD CREW***

"All That We Are Is the Result of What We Have Thought. The Mind Is Everything. What We Think, We Shall Become." -Buddha.

auiner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Leg raises. Hang leg raises. Ohhhh most importantly and my favorite, the Plank. Sitting on an exercise ball throughout the day or at work helps a bit.

Samoset is a genie deadliftdang's Avatar
    deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think the plank is more of a balancing/core challenge exercise than it is an abdominal hypertrophy exercise. To hypertrophy the abs train them like you train everything else as people have said. I usually hit mine 2-3 times a week with weighted cable crunches, whatever abdominal machine is sitting around, some weighted twists/situps, and that's it really. My upper abs popped around 14% this cut when I changed my way of training abs.

stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My abs routine is basically this: Eat in a deficit until my abs look good. 99% of having good abs involves getting to a low enough body fat that they are visible. From there simply train your abs like you train everything else. If you do total body workouts, do 1 ab exercise a workout like you do every other muscle. If you do a split, include them somewhere in the split. How you train them is of little importance as well. Most guys like cable crunches as they are weighted so progression is easier to achieve. I have a bad back and can't do exercises that cause flexion like cable crunches so I do plank rows, side planks, or curl ups.
    repped! Kenjoshx is a silly little guy
    Reviews:
    to many^
    log (10days): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155575203&p=1104931703#post1104931703
    19 years old
    Diet:
    IIFYM

** VEGA BACK IN BLACK CREW **

born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Da Fuq? I could do 300 situps easily in under 10 min and possibly under 8 like you said when I was 216lbs at roughly 24%bf so again, just because someone is overweight it does not mean they do not have the stamina. However, I'm sure most in that range can't but lemme tell you it's possible. Shoot, try doing 100 prisoner squats in under 2:30min. If you can do it, great. I could too at 216lbs- legs shaking though hahahhahaha

born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10) born2drum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by auiner View Post
    Leg raises. Hang leg raises. Ohhhh most importantly and my favorite, the Plank. Sitting on an exercise ball throughout the day or at work helps a bit.
    Plank old for 60seconds on a swiss ball. Not that easy but a damn great ab workout!!! Situps aren't the most effective but I don't have a 6-pack yet so I wouldn't know but being as fat as I am I have a pretty solid core.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    lets see that shredded six pack mang
    Strong. But try refering to some of them certified pro wrestlers in misc. They have pics with bigger muscles than yours.. you must become their opinion's b!tch

Originally Posted by born2drum View Post
    Da Fuq? I could do 300 situps easily in under 10 min and possibly under 8
    Lol go for it, post 300 situps under 8 minutes video or you're a *******. Do it and I'll permanently logoff this account, how about that? You have 3 days *******, go
    I know it can be done at bf 20% and even higher, but not by you. Can sense that bullsh!t bravado miles away.

Too many are getting strong butthurt over this 300 thing, but hey, it must be cause they can do it, right?
    That aside, 300 situps never was my advice to OP, I do it every other evening, not even my ab day.

'nough said

Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harry362 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ab wheel
    Weighted planks
    Suitcase carries
    Dead bugs
    Hanging leg raises
    Landmine rotations
    Heavy KB Swing

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2013 thread...