Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1554
    thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to hear you're sick now too. SS - rest, eat, rest some more, srs.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    woah, are you alright? hope you're feeling better by now..

you are definitely not getting fat. stop beating yourself up about it! life's a marathon right? so this is just a minor bump in the road.
    go watch Blazing Saddles or Naked gun? That stuff always cheers me up.

Happy New Year btw!
    Last edited by muruku; 12-31-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks, everyone. I'm sorry if I seem a little histrionic at the moment. I get thrown off balance when I get sick. Just so you guys know, it's not like I don't occupy my time with things other than exercise. I spend time with my friends and family (like I said, I even had dinner with my ex, who's a friend now, while I was sick... I just kept nodding off from cough meds). But it's hard to focus on stuff when I'm sleepy and sick, and my judgment and mood are wildly off balance! That's the issue.

Secondly, ilove2run, while your advice would be good for someone who doesn't already have a number of non-exercise hobbies... here are the languages I already speak: French, Italian, Latin, enough German to read philosophy in college, and some Russian. I suppose I could tackle Chinese. Or read some more books in French to sharpen my vocabulary for my students.
    I make beaded artwork, draw, paint, and sculpt--I could make some stuff when I can focus better and stop sneezing every 2 minutes (snot in my arts and crafts... not ideal). That's a good idea.
    I did actually wind up going to an open mic last night for standup, too--I have a show Saturday (GAH that's scary... I need to get myself healthy for that, HELP was that a bad idea)? That did NOT end well. I was so drugged out and logy and sick I just didn't deliver my material well. It was only an open mic... but meh. I really hope I can p ull myself together by Saturday, since it's my birthday (having the party right after the standup show).

Muruku, how did you know Blazing Saddles was one of my favorite movies? I've memorized just about every line, so I almost don't need to watch it anymore... but I still do.

So. Looks like today is another day of staying in bed a lot.

Tomorrow I have a tradition of going to watch the sunrise for New Year's Day with my dad. We've done that for 26 years. Yeah, since before I was two. So that'll be fun, and definitely makes it worthwhile to stay in tonight (though I'm sad to miss Mei).

Happy New Year, everyone.
    Last edited by shesprints; 12-31-2014 at 07:37 AM.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hmmmm well I guess you don't really need to learn another language....lol? That's quite amazing you know some many. Impressive. I know one....would love to learn French and Japanese

Just keep positive and trust that rest will bring health.

This is a good read: http://runningmagazine.ca/canadas-fa...ress-fracture/

Met him personally, he is a really genuine individual.

Happy New Years and hoping for all your wishes to come true
    Blog:
    http://dyldahl.wordpress.com/
    Reviews:
    (1) MyPro Impact Whey Protein - http://tinyurl.com/pr8glg9
    (2) MT Essential Series – 100% Platinum Whey - http://tinyurl.com/ofzxzwf
    (3) MP Arnold Series – Arnold Iron Pack - http://tinyurl.com/ps6m6x3
    (4) Animal [UN] Juiced Amino's [Enhanced BCAA] - http://tinyurl.com/pe745q9
    (5) PF Greens Freak [Gf] - http://tinyurl.com/mew47vc
    (6) MF Advanced Protein - http://tinyurl.com/qceh5mq
    (7) Cellucor C4 (4th Gen) - http://tinyurl.com/of8uznw

DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jesus christ, mind blown. Mirin language skills.

SF Bay Area Crew
    Game Developer Crew
    Nut Misc Crew
    Actually Enjoys Clubbing Crew

Play MY MMORPG: Marvel Heroes. http://www.marvelheroes.com/

IG: DAaaMan64

"Stronger than yesterday, now it's nothing but my way. My loneliness ain't killing me no more. I, I'm stronger" ~ Mark Rippetoe

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You guys are amazing and I <3 you.
    I feel better now (and healthier!) and have the official go-ahead from the doctor to bike now, too... which is cool.
    And today I even lifted.

And tomorrow is my birthday. Sushi. Standup comedy performance (why am I doing a show on my birthday? Because I love it, that's why).

I'm still struggling with some inner demons, but I'm distracting myself acceptably via my boyfriend, family, and jokes of dubious quality.

Maybe you guys can help me out with a couple of these joke ideas (I needed to clarify that these are jokes, not real life, apparently):

Don’t you hate it when your siblings show off on ********? Well, it’s worse for me. Most of you just have to worry about bragging in ******** updates. My brother works for ********, so when he wants to brag, he posts a picture of himself on the sitewide app update.

I hate it when women say ‘I’m not like other girls.’ I’m not like those women who say that.

Also, this is just a fun fact that I learned: there is an old age home in Germany that set up a fake bus stop to catch dementia patients. The patients with dementia would wander off and go in search of a bus stop... where they would wait until nursing home workers collected them. Isn't that WEIRD? I don't have a joke for it, but it's so strange I must create one.

OK. Workouts.

1/1

1:00 elliptical, 6.5 "miles"
    155 heart rate
    resistance 5-6, incline 2-5
    still coughing some, but felt a LOT better after this

I'm using basically the first 15 minutes on the thing to warm up and the last 10 or so to cool down. I feel like this activates my leg muscles again. Doctor says it's OK since I don't feel pain.

Oddly enough for a runner, I am not and never have been a long, slow cardio person. I always, ALWAYS did faster running for shorter times. I think I've been missing out on some beneficial mood-altering chemicals with the slightly longer cardio, as well as maybe some improved aerobic metabolism.

1/2

weights: just stuff I like doing (chest/back/lats):

pushups x 10 to plank to pushups x 10
    pushups x 10 to plank
    pushups x 10, 5

lat pulldown 60lb x 15, 70lb x 12 x 2
    straight arm lat pushdown 25lb x 12, 30lb x 12, 35lb x 10 (wow, hard!)
    db chest press 20lb x 15, 22.5lb x 12, 25lb x 12, 27.5lb x 10

1 hour elliptical, 6 "miles" (seriously not even sure what this means)
    144 heart rate
    resistance 5-7, incline 2-4
    very easy pace focused on muscle contraction in my legs

followed by a nice dinner with Kevin that made me feel better. Thanks for reading everyone. Hope your New Year was great.
    Last edited by shesprints; 01-03-2015 at 05:03 AM.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice workouts! Glad you're feeling better, both mentally and physically.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    I'm still struggling with some inner demons, but I'm distracting myself acceptably via my boyfriend, family, and jokes of dubious quality.

Maybe you guys can help me out with a couple of these:

Don’t you hate it when your siblings show off on ********? Well, it’s worse for me. Most of you just have to worry about bragging in ******** updates. My brother works for ********, so when he wants to brag, he posts a picture of himself on the sitewide app update.
    "Show off" how so? I'm an oldest child, so I have to say I probably have a different perspective on this than a younger sibling, but "showing off" makes it seem like they're doing it to show that they're better or more accomplished than something else rather than just being proud of personal achievements. If it's the former, that's rude and you should confront them--they're family and will probably understand as opposed to letting it boil over into something bigger. If it's the latter, then that's inside of you and you should probably do some thinking about why you are taking someone else's successes personally rather than enjoying those successes with them and being proud to call them your blood.

I hate it when women say ‘I’m not like other girls.’ I’m not like those women who say that.
    Agree, it's a meaningless statement. What are (all?) other girls like?

Also, this is just a fun fact that I learned: there is an old age home in Germany that set up a fake bus stop to catch dementia patients. The patients with dementia would wander off and go in search of a bus stop... where they would wait until nursing home workers collected them. Isn't that WEIRD? I don't have a joke for it, but it's so strange I must create one.
    That is AWESOME. Seriously, make a joke about this. I can think of a lot of ways you can have fun with this one.
    My log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166030441

Originally Posted by unstrong View Post

"Show off" how so? I'm an oldest child, so I have to say I probably have a different perspective on this than a younger sibling, but "showing off" makes it seem like they're doing it to show that they're better or more accomplished than something else rather than just being proud of personal achievements. If it's the former, that's rude and you should confront them--they're family and will probably understand as opposed to letting it boil over into something bigger. If it's the latter, then that's inside of you and you should probably do some thinking about why you are taking someone else's successes personally rather than enjoying those successes with them and being proud to call them your blood.
    Yeah, I know, but that's why it's a *joke*. That wasn't a serious comment; I'm obviously more happy for my brother than I am jealous, but both of us have had feelings of sibling rivalry as long as we can remember; that's natural. We even talk about it (my brother and I). And also, come on--people totally do show off/brag on ********! It's a thing.

Agree, it's a meaningless statement. What are (all?) other girls like?
    OK, but is it funny? Again--these are joke ideas.

That is AWESOME. Seriously, make a joke about this. I can think of a lot of ways you can have fun with this one.
    Like? Help me out bro! That's what I wanted. Those were all joke ideas, and you seem to have taken two of them seriously.

But thanks.
    --Hubert Humphrey

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol, before I read your last post, I was about to say those will make fantastic show material.

Glad you're feeling better! You should try backwards sprint intervals on the elliptical

Happy birthday btw, hope your new year's off to a good start!
    Last edited by muruku; 01-03-2015 at 12:54 AM.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hope you had a great birthday as well!
    100% 中國人

You guys... my birthday was amazing. So many people came (40 or 50!! A few days after New Year's Eve, too!). And my boyfriend is the BEST. He knows I've been depressed, so... he got me the cutest gift: a pendant shaped like a dopamine molecule, to cheer me up.

Perfectly nerdy, perfectly heartwarming, really did cheer me up.

Also there was some recreational substance use that went awry that I can't tell you guys about here, but suffice it to say that I have liberal parents; and my mom made "special" chocolate ganache and gave me extra because it was my birthday (this is the day after the big party, so I wasn't zonked for that). And it did not end well. I basically experienced time skips and constant blank spots and it was weird.

I'm gonna stick to my exercise addiction to feel good from now on.

Anyway--yes I have been exercising, though the doctor told me, after examining the latest MRI, to lay off the elliptical for awhile (gr ugh oh well). So I am back to swimming. I AM, however, allowed to do weights workouts for my lower body as long as they aren't directly load bearing. Weird. I don't get this stuff but OK. So today I did that, and I'm going back to PT soon.

Workouts lately...

1/3

Elliptical 1:00:00
    (average heart rate 170! wow)

1/4

Elliptical 55:00
    (w/ hard intervals)

1/5

Was experiencing residual effects of stuff... lay in bed and played video games instead of going to the gym.

1/6

pushups x 10 x 5
    (as pushup to 30s plank to pushup for 3 sets, then just 2 x 10 pushups)
    10 x glute bridge

Elliptical 1:00:00

1/7

Light upper body weights--
    lat pulldown 70lb x 12, 85lb x 10 x 2
    lat pushdown 25lb x 8 x 2, 30lb x 8
    db chest press 22.5lb x 12, 27.5 lb x 8 x 2
    ohp 15lb each hand x 12 x 3

Elliptical 55:00
    (10 x 1 minute super hard)

1/8

Swim--2450 yards
    400 w/u
    200 finger drag
    200 one arm drill (resting for a few seconds after length, switching arms after each length)
    200 catch up

10 x 100 on 1:55 in
    1:33
    1:34
    1:32
    1:31

250 easy, steady
    200 c/d

1/9

Swim--2250 yards

250 warmup
    250 fist drill down/catch up back

1500 straight through in 25:10 with each 250 attempting to be faster than the previous one (I failed except on the last two) like so--
    4:15
    4:16
    4:13
    4:18
    4:09
    3:58

250 cooldown

1/10

Today! Yay lower body weights after talking to doctor.

Weights--rehab and stuff
    seated band adductions x 15 x 3
    glute ham raise bw x 15, 5lb x 15, 10lb x 15
    band pullthroughs light band x 20, med. band x 15 x 2, heavy band x 12 x 2
    rear glute raise straight legs 20lb on bar x 15 x 3
    midback cable row 50lb x 16, 55lb x 12 x 2, 60lb x 9
    quadricep extension machine 30lb x 12 x 2 (wow, OW!)
    lying straight leg raise on bench (for hip flexors/lower abs) x 15 x 3
    pushup x 10 to 30s plank to pushup x 10
    pushup x 10
    1:00 plank

I am getting WAY WAY better at pushups! And lying straight leg raises. My abs are stronger for sure. Nothing else is. My legs are atrophied, I fear. And the tendons around my glutes were so inflamed for so long that the muscles are still painful to work out and hard to really get a mind-muscle connection.

Anyway I also did a short swim today.

Swim--2200 yards
    200 w/u
    200 catch up
    200 thumbsies drill (zipper drill)
    200 kick on sides (alternate every 25), rest every 50.
    200 bilateral breathing
    10 x 100 as (25 HARD, 75 easy), with :15 rest between 100's.

the 25s hard were in
    200 c/d
    --Hubert Humphrey

Day off today... so I thought I'd post my latest show. Mostly new material! The only problem is the audio quality is TERRIBLE, so you need to hook up headphones to a computer to hear it. (But when I did that it worked fine for me).

Actually would welcome advice on how to fix that...

Also, I guess I haven't in fact gotten fat. That's good.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Rest day yesterday (including brunch with my brother... octopus pizza. Yes really--and I'm proud I went out to eat on a rest day, too.) And had good energy for today so I did weights and swim. The band stuff and careful lower body exercises are really making me feel my legs. So much hamstring DOMS.

1/12

Weights--mostly pulling, hamstrings and back focus

glute bridge bw x 10 x 3
    seated band adductions light band x 20 x 3
    GHR bw x 16, 5lb x 15, 10lb x 15, 25lb x 15
    rear glute ham raise (lying on table on stomach) 20lb x 15, 30lb x 12, 50lb x 12
    band pullthroughs light band x 20, med band x 15, heavy band x 12 x 2
    lat pushdown 25lb x 15, 30lb x 12, 35lb x 10 x 2
    lat pulldown 70lb x 12 x 3
    lying leg raise x 15 x 3
    pushup x 10
    leg extension (quad) machine 30lb x 12, 40lb x 12, 50lb x 12

foam rolled quads, glutes, and back

I am getting so much smoother/better with pushups, it's fun! Almost ready to be back to plyo pushups. I love those.

Swim--2700 yards

400 w/u
    200 fist drill

5 x 100 on 1:55 in
    1:27
    1:30
    1:28

200 fist drill as 25 left fist, right open, 25 right fist left open breathing to open hand side

5 x 100 on 1:50 in

200 fist drill as 25 left fist, right open, 25 right fist left open breathing to fist side

5 x 100 on 1:45 in

200 c/d

It's nice to be healthy again and back to almost my old speed and comfort in the water. Honestly, my aversion to swimming for those weeks has to have been mostly my illness. I think for once trusting my body was the right choice; it took me forever to get better from that and the sickness really did drain me a LOT. I feel so much better now (mentally and physically).
    --Hubert Humphrey

meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    AHHH Happy belated birthday Sam!! So glad to hear that it was a blast!

Will watch your sketch when I get home!

Wow your mom is hilarious. That's a first LOL!

And it seems like you are feeling better bit by bit.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158655833

@Em, yes, my mom is really hilarious. She is a bit impetuous, I guess you'd say? Like when we were kids, one year for my birthday she got a pinata. OK, great. But she decided it wasn't fair if only one kid got a turn on the pinata at a time, because what if it broke before everyone got to swing at it?

So she gave us ALL sticks and blindfolds. At the same time.

And that's why communism doesn't work.

No but seriously, my brother stopped us before we actually implemented her plan. He was sensible even at age 6.

1/13

ANyway, yes, I am feeling better though still not 100%? I feel like I'm BETTER--not sick--but my body is still too used to just lying around all day and is a bit confused.

So today's workout wasn't quite as fast as usual. Still went OK!

Swim--2500 yards

200 w/u
    200 zipper drill
    200 catch up
    200 fist drill

3 x 500 w/ :15 rest in
    8:20
    8:17
    8:10

200 c/d

Usually I'd be swimming those 500s in under 8:00, but this is fine for now; it's good for me to learn not to overdo it.
    --Hubert Humphrey

dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good to see you're feeling better - hey some upside positive words:

i see you're doing some glute work... iono bout you but (no pun intended) those exercises along with hip thrusts really bring out the rear from what i keep reading from Bret Contreras lol

though... hip thrusts i'm assuming will probably make things worse =\
    100% 中國人

meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was literally applauding you from my computer screen during your standup video. Definitely my favorite one yet!

Originally Posted by meimonsta View Post
    I was literally applauding you from my computer screen during your standup video. Definitely my favorite one yet!
    OMG YAY! I wish I weren't on constant spread with you. That made my day; your opinion means a lot, and I too think I hit a bit of a new level of performance. Up until this show I wasn't using nearly enough of the stage or of physical pantomime or imitation. Getting better at that every time--it feels less and less 'false'. I mean, after all, I am trying to be a performer. Not just a deliverer of words. So yes! Will keep doing that.

I also like the feminist (ish) direction I'm taking. I want to play with the 'not like other women' bit more. It feels like there's truth to it, ya know?

@dailob, lol yeah sadly you're right--hip thrusts could really screw up my bone. It IS too bad because my glutes respond very well to training and having strong glutes is not only aesthetically pleasing (if they're hypertrophied right, I just like that look and it's easy for me to achieve)... they're really important for running. When I get the green light, I'll do them for sure, along with some things like the leg press with different foot positioning to target glutes, and sumo deadlifts.

1/14

OK, trying, TRYING to get back in 'athlete mode' here. Kinda had to drag myself to the gym--this work week is CRAZY and I'm out until very late and just scrambling. So I just did lighter weights today and tested out lunges to see if they are OK (just bodyweight, and yes, they are). Then a shortish swim. I'm still not back to full speed but it'll come, I just got over being sick.

Weights--light/higher reps

glute bridge x 10 x 3
    band adductions x 20 x 3
    GHR bw x 15, 10lb x 15, 25lb x 12
    bw lunges x 20 (testing out for PT, felt fine)
    rear glute leg raise 20lb x 15 x 3
    band pullthroughs med band x 20, heavier x 15, heaviest band x 12 x 2
    pushups x 10 to 30s plank to pushups x 10 to 30s plank
    pushups x 10, 30s plank, pushups x 10
    decline situps off GHR machine bw x 12, 5lb x 10 x 2

Swim--2250 yards

500 warmup (in 9:00 flat for some reason)
    250 zipper drill (feels good to practice rotating in water)

10 x 50 on the 1:00 in

250 easy

10 x 50 on the 1:00 in

250 cooldown

Yeah, so usually my times for 50s are 38-39, but OK, I'll take it. Finally felt like I was really using my body on the last rep.
    --Hubert Humphrey

finally got a chance to watch the vid and i like how it ended - though it seemed like there was more?

when you started talking about the selfie stick... i had a feeling thats what you were referring to lol

good job
    100% 中國人

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for training and comedy
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

@dailob, thanks! Yeah, you caught me--that wasn't the end of my performance, but the last joke was one I'd done before and, while it went over OK, I actually thought I should've stopped where the tape ends, so I didn't include it. I use the videos for reference, and since in future when I do that routine I intend to stop there, I just cut it that way. But I'm glad you liked it. Maybe one day you can come see me in person!

@HARRYBEAST, dang, someone with your PRs reading my log? I barely even lift. But I will try to provide comedy.

and swimming.

Speaking of comedy, this wasn't exactly funny, but on my way to the gym this morning this random lady stopped me in the street and, after asking me some leading questions ("Do I know you?" "... are you from this country?" "Where are you from?" and I was like wtf?) she said "I've read your aura and you need psychic healing, let me give you my business card."

I was like "I'm a skeptic. Bye."

I mean, come on, how hard is it to find someone on the upper east side, limping slightly and frowning (as I do), who's in a bad mood (as I am before exercise) and trying to sell them your schtick? I REALLY wanted to bait her further, like say, "Wow, really? What degree do you have? Because I could give you the third degree right now." And proceed to be like, "So let me guess. You figured I'm troubled and probably out of a job but on a trust fund [not true, I just don't work Fridays] because I'm out in the middle of the day wearing a nice coat. I look 'ethnic' so you think I'm Greek or Italian and superstitious [hate to say it, my Italian family really is into the evil eye bs and stuff]." And so on. Ugh. So irritating. I hate con artists like that. I was so mad it fueled a great swim.

Swim--2650 yards

250 warmup
    250 alternating catch up and fist drill (for both glide in the water and power)

and a 30:00 time trial
    made it 1880 yards--a PR!
    That's right around a 28:00/mile pace, not bad at all

250 cooldown

Whew. Got a comedy show tonight and my grandmother's coming; she's been in the hospital and not doing so well, so I really need to bring it for her. I'll do the set I did last Saturday, so hopefully that goes over well. Going to do a shoutout to her in the section where I talk about relatives telling me to break my leg (will say it was her; she does say that).
    --Hubert Humphrey

1/17

Pool was closed so I did spin class. WHEW. OMG. I think I go harder than any instructor expects. Today, for instance, I hit 711 watts on one 10-second hard portion. That's a lot, isn't it? Yeah I guess my legs still have that sprinter power...

Spin--1:00:00
    warmup
    10:00 with
    :45 moderate, :15 hard (typically 350-450 watts on the hards here, and up to about 30 mph)
    hill climb 1:00-2:00-3:00-3:00-2:00-1:00 with 1:30 rests (cadence 70-90 spm, and about 25mph)
    7:00 with :50 moderate, :10 very hard (500-700 watts, up to 33 mph)
    cooldown

Weights--LATS because need them for pushup form to be better
    lat pulldown 55lb x 15, 60lb x 15, 70lb x 12 x 2
    straight arm lat pushdown 25lb x 15, 30lb x 10 x 2
    bent over kettlebell rows 20lb x 15, 25lb x 12 x 3
    pushups x 10 (but nerve inside shoulder twinged so stopped)
    plank to side planks on each side; 30s each, x 3
    cable woodchoppers 20lb x 15 x 2, 25lb x 12
    --Hubert Humphrey

1/18

Um... you guys... help.

My butt hurts.

And not for a fun reason, like experiments with a belfie stick (look it up).

No. Spin class two days in a row is painful. However, I really like biking; I may seriously do a sprint tri sometime when I'm healed. The spin instructor told me I should do short track biking because I have a lot of leg power. I feel like I would crash, fall over, or kill someone trying to do that, but hey, could be fun.

But I'm not spinning again for at least a few days because wow... ow.

Spin--19 miles in 56:44
    1-2-3 1-2-3 min hills with 1-1:30 rests
    6 x 10 second max efforts (reached 745 watts, more usually just up past 400, maybe 500)
    3 min race at the end (was cooked, made it 1.2 miles)
    cooldown

Whew.

I'm sure staying out until 2am last night had nothing at all to do with my fatigue. We had a bbq at my boyfriend's place--it was fun. (He has an outdoor grill). Then we walked his dog through the park at 1 am. Yeah, that's safe. It kind of was, though--a medium/large man and an energetic pit bull? Yeah that's better than being in the park as a lone woman. Sad but true.
    --Hubert Humphrey

On my way out the door but--wow, mediocre lifting today (didn't feel really THERE), but the great swim made up for it. Set two PRs. Couldn't believe it--I felt really athletic in the water, my body was moving and responding well. I think the two days of biking let my swimming muscles rest and recharge.

1/19

Weights--meh
    lunges x 10 x 2 each leg
    seated band adductions x 20 x 3
    GHR bodyweight x 20, 5lb x 15, 10lb x 15, 25lb x 8, 8
    rear lying glute raise 20lb x 15 x 2, 25lb x 15
    band pullaparts x 20 x 3
    behind the neck band pullaparts x 15 x 2
    face pulls 20lb x 15 x 3
    cable woodchoppers 20lb x 15 x 3
    pushups x 10 to 30s plank to pushups x 10
    pushups x 10 to 30s plank to pushups x 10
    pushups x 5 x 2 (working on form)

just feel lazy and random with weights, can't wait (pun?) to be officially uninjured and able to do REAL lifting stuff like squats, deadlifts, etc.

Swim--2350 yards

400 warmup
    200 catch up
    200 finger drag

400-300-200-100 with :30 rest

400 in 6:05 (PR!)
    300 in 4:35
    200 in 2:59
    100 in 1:25 (PR!)

550 cooldown

Fyi, if anyone is around on Feb. 3, I have my first paying gig as a comic. 9 pm at Eastville Comedy Club. I'll post about it again, love it if some of you could make it.
    --Hubert Humphrey

1/20

Apparently 1:25 for 100 yards is now easy for me? I guess taking all that time off while I was sick kind of recharged me or something. I also had a very nice man in the next lane helping me pace since we were both doing intervals. (He was faster and used to play semipro volleyball... but got injured. Then he tore a rotator cuff in the pool. I feel like people who take competing seriously destroy themselves. Yikes.)

Anyhow, this swim went very well, probably because I was excited from yesterday.

Swim--2700 yards

200 warmup
    200 catchup
    200 finger drag

4 x 100 on the 2:00 in
    1:25
    1:26

4 x (50 hard/50 easy) on the 2:15
    hard 50s all in 38
    100s as a total including the easy 50 in

4 x 100 in 2:00

1:27

4 x 50 on the 1:00 in

:42
    :41

4 x 100 on the 2:00 in

1:28
    1:28 (oof)

4 x 25 (first two on the :30; :30 break; 2nd 2 on the :30) in

17 each
    (last in 16.5?)

200 cooldown

Definitely a breakthrough, though I sagged on the last two 100s. But that's OK.

I'm also walking a lot more (warmer weather, leg is better). I enjoy it; it improves my mood and makes me second-guess my appetite less (hunger cues are more reliable). I think it also helps build basic stamina and loosen up my muscles.
    --Hubert Humphrey

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How in the word does one tear a pec in the pool?!? Sounds like there is a trend with that dude.

Glad to see the swimming is starting to become more enjoyable. Not sure how you can stand spin. Those seats just never feel like I can adjust them right.. Maybe Im expecting it to feel like my bike that has been fitted specifically for me (which was also recently stolen, $#^%$#.) Plus... no wind. Power to ya for going at that thing. Its almost more difficult to get through mentally IMO because there is nothing but dark nothingness while riding. No wind, no obstacles, no cars to race. All of the fun adrenaline inducing stuff!

A paying gig sounds legit! I dont know when I will be in NYC again, will hopefully be mid Feb but will certainly miss your show. Hopefully you'll have another one while I'm in town, would love to come see it!
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I swam all through highschool and really always think I should do it again, but I like lifting too much

"Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Muhaha, you're transitioning to the dark side and becoming a swimmer! Congrats on the PRs and the paying gig Looking forward to the video!

My butt hurts all the time from PL. Sore glutes are not fun. I've done the NYC thing a couple of times when I stay out til near 5am and every time, it's a massive struggle! Like stumbling through union square drunk and half asleep struggle. My friend claims that I fell asleep mid-sentence on one of these instances. Don't know how some new yorkers do it.

@spicy, spinning is not that bad. And given that if I fell outdoors I could shatter my hip (due to the location of the healing bone)... I'm gonna say I'll take it! It's soooo nice to use my legs, you know? Heck, I got up at 5:30 am today just to spin. (Bad decision given that I have a client tonight at 8pm. Oh well.)

But I do plan to start biking outside this spring, since I think I'm going to go for a sprint triathlon. I figure if I have to train for a triathlon, I can't just run and injure myself again. I'll have to crosstrain.

As for comedy, I have gigs pretty much every week now, so just lemme know when you'll be around and I can set one up. I'd love for you to see it.

@HARRYBEAST: OK then! Ya know, I think a lot of lifters swim, too. Apparently it's so low-impact some powerlifters use it for recovery. But taking it too seriously (especially distance swims) would mean sacrificing some explosiveness. So I get it.

@Em, you get used to NYC. The hard part is that I have to be out so late for comedy gigs plus I have a nocturnal boyfriend... at least he's a homebody like me so we don't have to go to clubs. I also think it may be harder for you since you train at 5am, like a crazy person. (Seriously, I tried it today... I had to take a nap later.

1/21

Today was pretty busy. Got up and did a spin class fasted, which I almost never do? I just don't like to train without food since I tend to crash. But it went OK.

Spin--45 minutes, 16.6 "miles"
    210 watts average, 700+ max on sprints (usually 450-500 though)
    hill climbs totaling maybe 15-20 minutes
    6 x 15-second sprints all out

Weights--minimal, just felt like since I was there... and no need for lower body since I had PT later
    pushups x 10 x 5
    lat pushdown 25lb x 12, 30lb x 10, 35lb x 8 x 2
    lat pulldown 70lb x 12, 85lb x 8 x 2, 70lb x 12

PT--Yep, I'm cleared for PT again
    bodyweight lunges x a few
    bodyweight lunges to balance
    med ball lunges
    bodyweight side lunges
    TRX squats
    TRX side lunges
    foam rolling and calf trigger point + calf stretching

The good news is, this time I ACTUALLY don't feel pain and am walking properly. I also won't do any PT on my own, but will go in again next week to see what more I can do and be sure I'm still walking normally.
    --Hubert Humphrey

well in a few weeks when my wife goes back to work (fitness instructor) I will be adding in a day of yoga and might consider a light swim after it to cool down

What are you doing PT for?