AndreaC93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am a newbie in the most EXTREME sense!

Hey ladies, I'm totally new to the world of "body building" and pretty much fitness in general. But I'm looking for some real advice as I'm absolutely serious about getting in shape. I hope I'm not in the wrong place, as I'm not actually looking to become a body builder or anything like that. But I'm looking to majorly transform my body and get in shape.
    I'm 20 years old, 5'6', 125-130 lbs. Not looking to exactly lose "weight" maybe 10 pounds, but the numbers on the scale hardly interest me, the way my body looks does.
    As a child I was obese, so after losing weight around 13-14 I also was very flabby and have loose skin. But then I had a baby 6 months ago, I lost most of the weight I gained during my pregnancy but my skin is lose, and EVERYTHING is flabby, I don't just have tummy flab, my arms, my legs, my butt, everything. I have yucky cellulite on my butt and thighs as well. I want to get tone, I want to have strong arms and a tight bum, muscular legs and a washboard stomach. I don't want to get BIG, I just want to get very fit and tone. I am realistic and know this will take a long time and a lot of hard work but I'm hoping I can find some real help and guidance here.
    I am sooo out of shape and get tired sooo easy so it will take time for me to build up endurance but there's a starting point for everything! My problems are, I can't get to the gym often, maybe 2 times a week when I can get a baby sitter. When I do get a chance to go to the gym what work outs should I be doing? How much? And how much weight?
    And I want to be able to workout at home, but I HATE workout DVD's. I can not follow along and it just doesn't work for me, I like my structure, I like say... do x sets of this x times and then do this, this many times. You know what I mean? I've tried insanity but just can't follow along, and I can not for the life of me do that much jumping haha, I can do jumping jacks and things like that but when it comes to jumping totally in the air knees to your chest I just can not do it. What at home work outs can I do? What equipment can I buy for at home? I can't get any big machines or anything like that, but weights, medicine balls, etc.. little stuff like that, what should I buy?
    And as far as nutrition goes I already eat really clean and healthy, I just could work on more frequent smaller meals probably. Though I have a weak stomach and can't take any powders or amino acids or whey or anything like that.

Please help me figure out a work out routine!
    Thank you

angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start with the basics, learn your muscle groups (chest, back, arms, legs etc...) train each group at least once a week. That's the simplest way I can tell you.

Bodybuilding.com has a lot of articles on female workout programs and there is no one single perfect routine. Don't be afraid to lift weights.

Remember- Lifting weights don't make you HUUUGE, but cupcakes and pizza do.

goodluck

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Start here to figure out calories needed:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

Training programs to check into:

All Pro’s Beginner Routine

http://simplebeginnerroutine.wikia.c...r_Routine_Wiki

Starting Strength Routine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

Bill Star’s 5 x 5 Programs

http://oldschooltrainer.com/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/

Books - "New Rules of Lifting for Women"

http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-...ting+for+women
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by angelo212121 View Post
    Start with the basics, learn your muscle groups (chest, back, arms, legs etc...) train each group at least once a week. That's the simplest way I can tell you.

Bodybuilding.com has a lot of articles on female workout programs and there is no one single perfect routine. Don't be afraid to lift weights.

Remember- Lifting weights don't make you HUUUGE, but cupcakes and pizza do.

goodluck
    Food only makes you huge when you're in a surplus (big one at that). Your body can't really differentiate between 600 calories worth of pizza, or 600 calories worth of oats. Total calories is key here. Too much of anything will make you fat.
    Hey, you guise.

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My entire first year I did bodyweight training. Push ups, dips, pull ups, floor ab work, stability ball exercises, lots of jumping...then I started adding DBs.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10) KimberlyDoll is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by Hannah82 View Post
    My entire first year I did bodyweight training. Push ups, dips, pull ups, floor ab work, stability ball exercises, lots of jumping...then I started adding DBs.
    Body weight workouts are fantastic! You can definitely go from there and also incorporate weights for sure.

There are so many articles on here that you can refer to and of course the forum has a huge source of info too! Read some of the stickies on the basics, macros, nutrition.

I'm sure you'll fall in love with weightlifting and bodybuilding like many of us!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Start here to figure out calories needed:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

Training programs to check into:

All Pro’s Beginner Routine

http://simplebeginnerroutine.wikia.c...r_Routine_Wiki

Starting Strength Routine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

Bill Star’s 5 x 5 Programs

http://oldschooltrainer.com/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/

Books - "New Rules of Lifting for Women"

http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-...ting+for+women
    that about sums it up ^^
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KimberlyDoll View Post
    Body weight workouts are fantastic! You can definitely go from there and also incorporate weights for sure.

There are so many articles on here that you can refer to and of course the forum has a huge source of info too! Read some of the stickies on the basics, macros, nutrition.

I'm sure you'll fall in love with weightlifting and bodybuilding like many of us!

On that note, I highly recommend doing bodyweight squats, goblet squats and just sitting in squat position with elbows on knees and spine straight as often as you can, before doing barbell squats. Almost EVERY newbie I know has some flexibility and ROM issues that impede barbell squats at first. See: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...irdworld_squat
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821