Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TygaTyga View Post
    no im not saying helping people is bad, im just curious how you only have 13 reps with 790 posts it doesn't seem like you contribute a whole lot to the community.

second the first benefit it basically says water is the reason why the cells in our muscle get oxygen and glucose? wtf, im sure glucose and water is carried via blood plasma, and red blood cells carry oxygen via it's haemoglobin hence why carbon monoxide is deadly since it doesn't detatch from the haemoglobin.

second no cell can uptake glucose with out Insulin. yet it continues to speel bull chit like oh water gives our cells glucose? wtf who wrote that chit.

second they don't conduct any study then go through an analysis. they basically just say chit like: oh from studies we can see this this this... and doesn't even provide any link to said experiment they conducted which can give a coherent argument using experiments and logic to dictate a conclusion. secondly they give you a link to the gatorade website. this article was probably paid for and sponsored by gatorade....

the second link is just as bad as the first.
    I got negged to oblivion a few weeks ago and tried to work my way up again hence my low reputation.
    However I try to answer most questions whenever they are asked. Check my most recent forum posts. You'll see most of them are well-written answers to questions regarding different topics.

As for the first statement, blood consists of 92% water. Reducing the amount of water will also decrease the efficiency of what is in your blood.
    I've edited the first post to make sure to show what the article should stand for and what it shouldn't stand for.

As long as the core of the articles is decent advice, I can look over the small flaws.

Other than that, feel free to contribute to this thread by posting correct articles

TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlexTheNewbie View Post
    I got negged to oblivion a few weeks ago and tried to work my way up again hence my low reputation.
    However I try to answer most questions whenever they are asked. Check my most recent forum posts. You'll see most of them are well-written answers to questions regarding different topics.

As for the first statement, blood consists of 92% water. Reducing the amount of water will also decrease the efficiency of what is in your blood.
    I've edited the first post to make sure to show what the article should stand for and what it shouldn't stand for.

As long as the core of the articles is decent advice, I can look over the small flaws.

Other than that, feel free to contribute to this thread by posting correct articles
    lol i like how you use blood which is such a general term. wrong its blood plasma which is made up of water. along with glucose, proteins some other stuff.

and since blood plasma is essentially what transports these things. so now imagine blood plasma in the sense of a van, and that vans cargo weighs x amount, however 92% of x is water. blood plasma isn't made up of H2O it carries it a long with other chemicals. i can also tell you got that figure from wikipedia. now where are you getting this efficiency? you don't even know what you're talking about. " my cells aren't efficient because i contain no water" do you mean chemical reactions aren't efficient LOL.

what im saying is the numbers they give you like drinking this much increases this by this much. isn't backed up by a single study that is made reference too.

edit: since we've established what blood plasma does which is what carries h2o, basically your article is saying. plasma which contains water is the reason why we get water in our cells. seriously you're links are the worst sources i've ever seen

AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol i like how you use blood which is such a general term. wrong its blood plasma which is made up of water. along with glucose, proteins some other stuff.

and since blood plasma is essentially what transports these things. so now imagine blood plasma in the sense of a van, and that vans cargo weighs x amount, however 92% of x is water. blood plasma isn't made up of H2O it carries it a long with other chemicals. i can also tell you got that figure from wikipedia. now where are you getting this efficiency? you don't even know what you're talking about. " my cells aren't efficient because i contain no water" do you mean chemical reactions aren't efficient LOL.

what im saying is the numbers they give you like drinking this much increases this by this much. isn't backed up by a single study that is made reference too.

edit: since we've established what blood plasma does which is what carries h2o, basically your article is saying. plasma which contains water is the reason why we get water in our cells. seriously you're links are the worst sources i've ever seen
    Actually, I've spent a year of biology studying the human body and it's processes.
    I know a lot about how the cardiovascular system works. However I'm not going to write an essay since I neither have time,
    nor the vocabulary required to mention all the stuff that goes on in your body. (Started learning english ~1.5 years ago)
    Hence I use the term "blood". Most people won't understand what I'd be talking about. Apart from the fact that it's pretty much irrelevant.

The core of this thread still stands and it's still helpful.
    What exactly are you trying to achieve? Trying to make me look bad for getting a stickie? Are you jealous? Judging from your signature you're desperate for approval from the staff and jealous for anyone other than you getting it.
    Whatever the matter with you is, send me a pm and we can keep the discussion going. I want this thread to stay clean from arguing.

If you actually want to contribute to this topic, search up some better articles and replace them.
    As long as the cores of the articles are reasonable and helpful, I won't replace them.

TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000) TygaTyga is just really nice. (+1000)
    sorry for being aggressive, however what i want you to gather from this is sure read bro science bull chit like those sources. however find your own research to back you up and explain biological functions contained in your body which is the reason why x or y occurs or doesn't work efficiently, be able to find non biased sources that aren't sponsored by a product which may skew the results. yes water is good for you, can't deny that, however what they say it does is exaggerated. so the point is do your own research.

secondly, in some of the articles they are like don't drink things like fizzy soda's its just empty calories etc, don't even buy concentrate drinks you mix water in etc. so what does an empty calorie have to do with putting water mixed in with flavorings going to do to my body? can't you see its propaganda trying to make you buy just normal water bottles, don't even use water in your tap, and then they link you to a water bottle company. how does a sweetener whether if its aspartame (0 calories) or fructose mixed into my water along with gasses to make it fizzy and a bit of syrup effect the water contained in it? nothing happens to the water it just dilutes the chemicals.

wtf is an empty calorie? a calorie that contains no vitamins? well just pop a good brand of multivitamin or a few specific vitamins if you are aware of ratios and what not. can't you see they are just trying to sell you products.

btw you should read my last post on the first page i threw a edit into it and linked you a name to a pretty good documentary on plastics. which hey feel free to alert the community about packaging and plastics and how it can cause disabilities mutations or irregular cellular shapes, how it will effect test and gains etc. do you own research and look at biological functions and i guarantee you can get a sticky out of it and a mod may even rep you, i got mod repped for writing lots on diet and biological functions and how to do exercises properly and how to achieve ATG and stuff.
    Last edited by TygaTyga; 06-26-2013 at 12:41 PM.

double post of peace.

sorry for being aggressive, however what i want you to gather from this is sure read bro science bull chit like those sources. however find your own research to back you up and explain biological functions contained in your body which is the reason why x or y occurs or doesn't work efficiently, be able to find non biased sources that aren't sponsored by a product which may skew the results. yes water is good for you, can't deny that, however what they say it does is exaggerated. so the point is do your own research.

secondly, in some of the articles they are like don't drink things like fizzy soda's its just empty calories etc, don't even buy concentrate drinks you mix water in etc. so what does an empty calorie have to do with putting water mixed in with flavorings going to do to my body? can't you see its propaganda trying to make you buy just normal water bottles, don't even use water in your tap, and then they link you to a water bottle company. how does a sweetener whether if its aspartame (0 calories) or fructose mixed into my water along with gasses to make it fizzy and a bit of syrup effect the water contained in it? nothing happens to the water it just dilutes the chemicals.

wtf is an empty calorie? a calorie that contains no vitamins? well just pop a good brand of multivitamin or a few specific vitamins if you are aware of ratios and what not. can't you see they are just trying to sell you products.

btw you should read my last post on the first page i threw a edit into it and linked you a name to a pretty good documentary on plastics. which hey feel free to alert the community about packaging and plastics and how it can cause disabilities mutations or irregular cellular shapes, how it will effect test and gains etc. do you own research and look at biological functions and i guarantee you can get a sticky out of it and a mod may even rep you, i got mod repped for writing lots on diet and biological functions and how to do exercises properly and how to achieve ATG and stuff.
    Yeah hence why I said "The core of the article and it's studies on the benefits of good hydration is solid. However disregard the part where they recommend bottled water over tap water." after the article link.
    I'll invest some more time and get better articles tomorrow. No time right now since we're having a photoshoot of our house for a magazine.

As for the bad affects of plastic on water, I remember reading up on that over a year ago. Been checking all my bottles for the (1) mark ever since.
    I won't write another article about that though.

I really just wrote this one because I was happy with the benefits I had from drinking lots of water compared to my usual dehydrated state and wanted to share this experience with others.

Lastly, although their reason for not drinking sodas is stupid, the core, again, is helpful.
    Let's face it. Sodas aren't too healthy. Even if they fit your macros.

I agree that their articles are a bit biased but like I said, for the third time now, the core message is beneficial and will help everyone who hasn't been aware of good hydration yet.
    Can we end this now?

Yeah hence why I said "The core of the article and it's studies on the benefits of good hydration is solid. However disregard the part where they recommend bottled water over tap water." after the article link.
    I'll invest some more time and get better articles tomorrow. No time right now since we're having a photoshoot of our house for a magazine.

As for the bad affects of plastic on water, I remember reading up on that over a year ago. Been checking all my bottles for the (1) mark ever since.
    I won't write another article about that though.

I really just wrote this one because I was happy with the benefits I had from drinking lots of water compared to my usual dehydrated state and wanted to share this experience with others.

Lastly, although their reason for not drinking sodas is stupid, the core, again, is helpful.
    Let's face it. Sodas aren't too healthy. Even if they fit your macros.

I agree that their articles are a bit biased but like I said, for the third time now, the core message is beneficial and will help everyone who hasn't been aware of good hydration yet.
    Can we end this now?
    sure, however let me ask you this. Define Healthy to me, to me Healthy is just a optimal ratio of micros and macros, coupled a long with proper motor pathways built in your brain to avoid sloppy and inefficient movement patterns. a long with exercise.

too much of anything is bad for example too much of one vitamin can negatively effect the uptake of another or how protein consumption can effect the uptake of a vitamin which is bad etc, now tell me whats wrong with sodas.

can i also point out in reference in to you thinking im jealous of your sticky, frankly no when was the last time you've seen me write an informative post on TBB in hopes of achieving a sticky. not in a long time, however i can see two stickys that people made which was derrived from an idea ive openly posted in one of my threads. search my post history / some stickies dates if you don't believe me. also im not too sure if this thread is going to be a main stay in TBB since ive seen really good threads like KCbadboys creatine / protein thread get taken down and posted in someone else's sticky.

your thread topic is quite good just requires you, in your spare time like you've said to do a bit more research into it, and get rid of those *******s who wrote that bro science. and BAM this would be great, im still going to rep you even though we have disagreements once im off R/C since it does seem like you are helpful.

btw may 2013 750 posts? i think you got lots of spare time bro ill get you off r/c

edit: btw my questions are rhetorical in this post you don't have to answer them at all

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got a headache every day for 2 months straight. I don't know the reason...but whenever I get a headache now WATER is my medicine. Usually makes it feel better.
    "Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris

Well I think sodas are unhealthy since most people drink high amounts of soda resulting in too much sugar intake.
    Diet and regular sodas have both been linked to obesity, kidney damage, and certain cancers as far as I'm concerned.

Of course even sodas are okay to consume as long as it's within a reasonable measure. But it's easy to drink too much. If I have a 1.5l bottle of ice-tea laying around, I'm going to down it within 20 minutes.

As for my high postcount, I just love this community Though I often do other things parallel to posting. Doing actual research requires special attention which I can't spare right now.

Thanks for the reps. Disagreements often lead to better results than agreeing with each other

Originally Posted by Francis333 View Post
    I got a headache every day for 2 months straight. I don't know the reason...but whenever I get a headache now WATER is my medicine. Usually makes it feel better.
    The reason most probably is sweating, as both the water and salts are lost that way. Since chemical shifts in the blood are something the brain is very sensitive to, the nerves there may interpret them as a headache.
    Also, if you lose enough water, your blood volume will drop and this will temporarily lead to lower blood and oxygen flow to the brain.
    Last edited by AlexTheNewbie; 06-26-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Well I think sodas are unhealthy since most people drink high amounts of soda resulting in too much sugar intake.
    Diet and regular sodas have both been linked to obesity, kidney damage, and certain cancers as far as I'm concerned.

Of course even sodas are okay to consume as long as it's within a reasonable measure. But it's easy to drink too much. If I have a 1.5l bottle of ice-tea laying around, I'm going to down it within 20 minutes.

As for my high postcount, I just love this community Though I often do other things parallel to posting. Doing actual research requires special attention which I can't spare right now.

Thanks for the reps. Disagreements often lead to better results than agreeing with each other
    yea but true as you've just mentioned its due to people not eating / drinking in moderation hence why when i heard the "too much of anything is bad for you" phrase with more knowledge you often see how true that is. and yea im on the fence about the whole diet soda and cancer thing, there is a lot backing it i guess and lots disproving it, ive never looked into it deeply, i should though haha.

fuark i know what you mean, lipton peach ice tea is my weekness, and its like 800 calories in that 1.5L bottle :L.

yea i know what you mean about the community, i was around 800 posts then i started posting lots on science and tech like a month ago. im probably going to venture into the nutrition sections / sports training / injury and etc some time soon. some of those sections i definitely want to be in my prime of knowledge before i start saying anything. since lots of people don't know their stuff and need to be taught.

edit: if it makes you feel better, i do feel that when i drink lots of water i often wake up a whole lot earlier then my alarm like you, even when i sleep late like 12 or 1 am and then i wake up at 6:30 on the dot everytime feeling fresh as phuck. maybe i'm just getting lucky with my sleep cycles haha

yea but true as you've just mentioned its due to people not eating / drinking in moderation hence why when i heard the "too much of anything is bad for you" phrase with more knowledge you often see how true that is. and yea im on the fence about the whole diet soda and cancer thing, there is a lot backing it i guess and lots disproving it, ive never looked into it deeply, i should though haha.

fuark i know what you mean, lipton peach ice tea is my weekness, and its like 800 calories in that 1.5L bottle :L.

yea i know what you mean about the community, i was around 800 posts then i started posting lots on science and tech like a month ago. im probably going to venture into the nutrition sections / sports training / injury and etc some time soon. some of those sections i definitely want to be in my prime of knowledge before i start saying anything. since lots of people don't know their stuff and need to be taught.

edit: if it makes you feel better, i do feel that when i drink lots of water i often wake up a whole lot earlier then my alarm like you, even when i sleep late like 12 or 1 am and then i wake up at 6:30 on the dot everytime feeling fresh as phuck. maybe i'm just getting lucky with my sleep cycles haha
    I know right? But it's only with ice-tea. It goes down easier than water for some reason. Just can't have enough.

As for the sleeping thing, I think it really has to do something with your body dehydrating during sleep. Apparently the body loses ~0.5-1 liters of water during the night so the reason we wake up extremely tired might be linked to the dehydration.
    Being hydrated even after sleep gives you that fresh feeling I think. The last 4 days I woke up at exactly 6:15 AM and although I slept less than 6-7 hours I felt great.

Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ewhizzington is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why is nobody repping OP? Great thread btw, glad it's stickied.
    "Don't let your dreams just be dreams"

"Eat to meet long term goals, not short term satisfaction."

I rep back

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The reason most probably is sweating, as both the water and salts are lost that way. Since chemical shifts in the blood are something the brain is very sensitive to, the nerves there may interpret them as a headache.
    Also, if you lose enough water, your blood volume will drop and this will temporarily lead to lower blood and oxygen flow to the brain.

Bold: I'm assuming you're talking about artificial sweeteners. If so, then you're incorrect.

Artificial sweeteners are SAFE according to the current literature. To get anywhere near the ADI for aspartame, you'd need to consume 14 cans of diet soft EVERY DAY over an EXTENDED period of time. The ADI is also set deliberately LESS than what is generally considered to be 'the dangerous amount'.

As far as linking either to obesity goes, that's plain stupid, IMHO. Putting the blame solely on ONE item is not right. Obesity is generally a result of TOTAL food consumption. One might therefore be able to conclude that ANY item of food that had a caloric figure 'can be linked to obesity' since it contributes to total caloric intake. My 2 cents.
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

pelle227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    being somewhat of a newbie, hydration is something I've strongly neglected lol...thanks for this!!
    R.I.P.

1994-2004
    1990-2011

gone but never forgotten

Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500)
    do we honestly need to sticky to tell us to drink water and stay hydrated? really?

what next? make sure to breath guys!!!!!

also, from the article
    "Thirst is a biological indicator of dehydration; however, dehydration has already occurred when an athlete becomes thirsty."

/facepalm. Guess they dont actually study biochemistry down there at IOWA state university

Originally Posted by Ewhizzington View Post
    Why is nobody repping OP? Great thread btw, glad it's stickied.
    No idea. I'm not in for reps anyways. Just wanted to share my experience going from dehydrated to hydrated.
    Originally Posted by N4J4R View Post
    Bold: I'm assuming you're talking about artificial sweeteners. If so, then you're incorrect.

Artificial sweeteners are SAFE according to the current literature. To get anywhere near the ADI for aspartame, you'd need to consume 14 cans of diet soft EVERY DAY over an EXTENDED period of time. The ADI is also set deliberately LESS than what is generally considered to be 'the dangerous amount'.

As far as linking either to obesity goes, that's plain stupid, IMHO. Putting the blame solely on ONE item is not right. Obesity is generally a result of TOTAL food consumption. One might therefore be able to conclude that ANY item of food that had a caloric figure 'can be linked to obesity' since it contributes to total caloric intake. My 2 cents.
    I didn't say it's blamed solely on sodas. Simply said it's linked. The fact that you can down thousands of calories a day without feeling full obviously helps to become obese. Actual foods make you feel full which limits your intake.
    I can't believe bodybuilders actually defend soda and don't consider them as bad...
    Originally Posted by pelle227 View Post
    being somewhat of a newbie, hydration is something I've strongly neglected lol...thanks for this!!
    Glad I could help. As I said this information might be nothing special to some experienced people but I've seen many people neglecting proper hydration.
    Originally Posted by Nvrlift View Post
    do we honestly need to sticky to tell us to drink water and stay hydrated? really?

what next? make sure to breath guys!!!!!
    - breathe*
    - Red's gonna red
    - Check the amount of people who regarded this as helpful.

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No one food source is really inherently bad, per se. Items like soda become an issue when they make up a significant proportion of an individuals diet. As you mentioned earlier, so long as it's in moderation (paraphrasing here), there's generally no real issues/concerns. My previous post was mainly targeted at the myth that diet sodas, due to the addition of artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, are linked to the health risks you outlined.

No one food source is really inherently bad, per se. Items like soda become an issue when they make up a significant proportion of an individuals diet. As you mentioned earlier, so long as it's in moderation (paraphrasing here), there's generally no real issues/concerns. My previous post was mainly targeted at the myth that diet sodas, due to the addition of artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, are linked to the health risks you outlined.
    Ah I see. Well you said it yourself.

"You'd need to consume 14 cans of diet soft EVERY DAY over an EXTENDED period of time."
    - Exactly. The problem though is that aspartame isn't just used in sodas.
    Aspartame is used in:

instant breakfasts
    breath mints
    cereals
    sugar-free chewing gum
    cocoa mixes
    coffee beverages
    frozen desserts
    gelatin desserts
    juice beverages
    laxatives
    multivitamins
    milk drinks
    pharmaceuticals and supplements, including over-the-counter medicines
    shake mixes
    soft drinks
    tabletop sweeteners
    tea beverages
    instant teas and coffees
    topping mixes
    wine coolers
    yogurt

the list could go on..

Most of the people take aspartame without even knowing. Imagine a typical american nutrition.. You'd certainly hit your ADI if your diet is bad (wich is the case for many)

Though I can still agree that our body can handle those small amounts of aspartame when drinking one diet soda a day.

Ah I see. Well you said it yourself.

"You'd need to consume 14 cans of diet soft EVERY DAY over an EXTENDED period of time."
    - Exactly. The problem though is that aspartame isn't just used in sodas.
    Aspartame is used in:

instant breakfasts
    breath mints
    cereals
    sugar-free chewing gum
    cocoa mixes
    coffee beverages
    frozen desserts
    gelatin desserts
    juice beverages
    laxatives
    multivitamins
    milk drinks
    pharmaceuticals and supplements, including over-the-counter medicines
    shake mixes
    soft drinks
    tabletop sweeteners
    tea beverages
    instant teas and coffees
    topping mixes
    wine coolers
    yogurt

the list could go on..

Most of the people take aspartame without even knowing. Imagine a typical american nutrition.. You'd certainly hit your ADI if your diet is bad (wich is the case for many)

Though I can still agree that our body can handle those small amounts of aspartame when drinking one diet soda a day.

Again, the limit (ADI) is set WELL BELOW the 'dangerous level'. And again, you'd need to consume aspartame in very large amounts over AN EXTENDED period of time. This is not 1 week, or 1 year. This is a much longer time period. In MOST normal cases, people typically DO NOT consume anywhere near the ADI, even considering the vast amount of sources that may contain this compound. There may be a few outlier cases, but for the general population, there is very little concern at all. In normal, healthy individuals, aspartame is considered safe. Due to labeling requirements, ingredients like this must be listed. The choice to consume them is born by the consumer.

Again, the limit (ADI) is set WELL BELOW the 'dangerous level'. And again, you'd need to consume aspartame in very large amounts over AN EXTENDED period of time. This is not 1 week, or 1 year. This is a much longer time period. In MOST normal cases, people typically DO NOT consume anywhere near the ADI, even considering the vast amount of sources that may contain this compound. There may be a few outlier cases, but for the general population, there is very little concern at all. In normal, healthy individuals, aspartame is considered safe. Due to labeling requirements, ingredients like this must be listed. The choice to consume them is born by the consumer.
    Yeah I get it... Mass makes the poison. It always does.

By the way a discussion about aspartame shouldn't really be done in this thread.

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    drinks 3-4L of water a day crew.

I love it no other drink as refreshing.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

jagerbom79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It really does make a huge notice. When I get off my usual routine of drinking a gallon atleast a day, I feel lethargic. However, it can get annoying having to pee all the time, but its worth it.

Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zebura will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wtf? Do we really need a sticky to tell us to drink water because it will keep us hydrated? Pretty sure this is something that has been said to me on a daily basis in high school sports and in general health/P.E courses. Really obvious information.
    S: More
    B: Than
    D: You

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand pounds of whey,
    I am the oats that start your day, I am the squats down to the grass,
    I am the gains in your muscle mass, When your strength begins to drift,
    I am the rush that helps yo lift.
    Of helpful bros that inspire
    I am your charm when the girls 'mire
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.

Originally Posted by Zebura View Post
    Wtf? Do we really need a sticky to tell us to drink water because it will keep us hydrated? Pretty sure this is something that has been said to me on a daily basis in high school sports and in general health/P.E courses. Really obvious information.
    Yeah. It's extremely important.
    Check out the amount of people around here who didn't regard proper hydration before.

Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Petermadrigal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you urine can also be disposing of unused nutrients if its yellow.

Jake0717 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All the pissing might get annoying, but hey I'll try drinking that much. 4 liters a day may be a little much at first, i'll start at 3 I think

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Read the OP and immediately gulped down a liter of water. (srs)

Nice read OP. Glad it's stickied.

justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justdoit40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In:
    Follow my instagram @deprimochris

Originally Posted by XCRunner9 View Post
    Read the OP and immediately gulped down a liter of water. (srs)

Nice read OP. Glad it's stickied.
    Glad I could help.

Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good thread but just a few corrections/chit you could add

1. the "by the time you're thirsty you're already dehydrated" is is not true thirst doesn't necessarily correlate with "oh fuk im not getting enough water". better indicator is urine color. That said not dehydrated=!optimal state(from drinking more water). which i assume is what you're getting at with the post

2. also this is a good way to make sure you're gettin your intake
    [IMG]
    http://imgur.com/XmwG1mm[/IMG]

3. some more general broscience busting 8 glasses a day is bullchit
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
    "“But as in landlessness alone resides the highest truth, shoreless, indefinite as God - so better is it to perish in that howling infinite, than be ingloriously dashed upon the lee, even if that were safety! For worm-like, then, oh! who would craven crawl to land!”
    -Moby Dick

Originally Posted by Jozu777 View Post
    good thread but just a few corrections/chit you could add

1. the "by the time you're thirsty you're already dehydrated" is is not true thirst doesn't necessarily correlate with "oh fuk im not getting enough water". better indicator is urine color. That said not dehydrated=!optimal state(from drinking more water). which i assume is what you're getting at with the post
    Actually, it is true. Where's your source from?