Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SebastianMorar View Post
    I drink 10litre a day. I run for 10 minutes. I'm thirsty. Does that mean I'm dehydrated?
    Eating a salty or spicy meal, for example, may cause a strong urge to drink. Some medications may also cause excess thirst, especially diuretics, phenothiazines and anticholinergics.
    Really depends.. But I was pretty sure thirst is an indicator of dehydration.

Awrson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My pee comes out transparent if I drink too much lol
    that is normal!

SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlexTheNewbie View Post
    Because you failed to realize it was a fail quote you posted.

"by the time you're thirsty you're already dehydrated"
    That is true, I said that. For most of the cases. When specifying something, do you usually specify it for the exceptions?
    Nope, a thesis is based on what is most likely to be the cause.

Now if you could stop spamming on this thread, that would be great.
    I know these kind of arguments. You'll be stubborn and keep arguing no matter how wrong you are. I'll stop it here.
    Not spamming anything, we're having a discussion. You're posting as frequent as I am right now, in this thread, so you're being a bit hypocritcal by saying that.
    No matter what your response will be, you still said he's wrong (in other words) and you can't deny it.

Edit: I removed some of my posts to clean up the thread a bit. My mind is yet to be changed by you.
    Last edited by SebastianMorar; 06-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.

vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vDeezl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wait... you mean it wasn't common knowledge to stay hydrated?

AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vDeezl View Post
    Wait... you mean it wasn't common knowledge to stay hydrated?
    Do you even read?

So there you have it. Might be general knowledge for most of you but apparently, I didn't realize hydration was so important.
    However I hope it was helpful for the people who disregarded proper hydration so far.
    Btw check all the posts of people who have been neglecting proper hydration and started drinking more because of this thread.

Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually, it is true. Where's your source from?
    Its a pathetic half-truth and its terribly misleading. Think logically for a second.

If we only became thirsty when we were about to drop dead where would we be as a species? Dehydration is a term so broad spanning from slight dehydration(harmless) to severe it can be meaningless. Thirst is a very sensitive mechanism that can be activated from just 1 percent reduction of water.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3498380.html

Secondly, slight dehydration which is probably what you think you're talking about is nothing and you could be fukking yourself over drinking too much water.

" Experts warned that by the time you feel thirsty, you've already become dehydrated. However, recent studies show that being in this state of slight dehydration has no negative impact on performance or health.

For example, in a study from the Sports Science Institute of South Africa, runners did three two-hour workouts while drinking a sports drink at three different rates: by thirst (roughly 13 oz. per hour), at a moderate rate (about four oz. every 15 to 20 minutes), and at a high rate (about 10 oz. every 15 to 20 minutes).

The study found no significant differences in core body temperature (rising body temperature hastens dehydration) or finishing times among the three trials. However, during the high-rate trial two of the eight runners suffered severe stomach distress and couldn't finish the workout, suggesting that drinking too much too often can cause problems.
    "The idea that thirst comes too late is a marketing ploy of the sports-drink industry," says Tim Noakes, M.D., a professor of sport and exercise science at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. While thirst is not a perfect indicator of hydration status, it does appear to be a good indicator of the optimal drinking rate during exercise, according to Noakes. "The answer is just drink as your thirst dictates."

http://beta.active.com/articles/the-...s-of-hydration

Point is don't go to the gym and fukking down tons of water before you're thirsty because you don't wanna be slightly dehydrated. Its fukken stupid, and you'll probably end up fukking yourself over with stomach distress.

http://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e4848

"General public—Drinking ahead of thirst may worsen performance in endurance exercise and carries a rare but serious risk of hyponatraemia. The body’s internal mechanism for staying hydrated is cheaper, easier, and seems to be the best way to optimise performance"

Bonus links if you are so inclined:
    http://wasmomwrong.com/wait-to-drink/
    http://experiencelife.com/article/drink-to-your-health/
    http://www.truefalse.co.nz/articles/...hydration.html

Btw "by the time you are already thirsty you are already dehydrated" is a claim that you're making, you should be the one bringing out sources.
    Last edited by Jozu777; 06-28-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    "“But as in landlessness alone resides the highest truth, shoreless, indefinite as God - so better is it to perish in that howling infinite, than be ingloriously dashed upon the lee, even if that were safety! For worm-like, then, oh! who would craven crawl to land!”
    -Moby Dick

SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunnyChrono6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's up brothers

I've always been the person who barely drinks enough during the day. Causes were exhaustion, bad breath as well as weakness and headaches.
    One week ago I started drinking ~4 liters of water a day and I feel so much better! I used to be sleepy and have the above symptoms all the time! It's time to share this simple knowledge.

A special thing I've noticed is me waking up early. Since the last 4 days I've always been waking up at exactly 6:15 AM, feeling great after only a few hours of sleep. It's strange but I'm sure it's related to me drinking more than twice as much than before. Kind of annoying though since I set my alarm to 7:00 AM lol. However it's great not to feel sleepy and worn-out anymore.

For the interested people, here's an article I found a few days ago: http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition...-neglect-water
    The core of the article and it's studies on the benefits of good hydration is solid. However disregard the part where they recommend bottled water over tap water.

Apparently, studies have proven that muscles are ~19% stronger when hydrated compared to a dehydration level of just 3%! The weights today felt much lighter than usual!

Here's an interesting article concerning the correlation muscle strength and hydration.

Full article: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/families/fluids

I highly recommend reading the article above. It's very detailed and accurate.

Here's a list of the changes I could personally experience:

- Bad breath went away (I've always been worried about this one. I could've saved that money for chewing gums if I had known the importance of hydration)
    - Less acne
    - Not sleepy anymore (actually feeling energetic after waking up)
    - No insane hunger all the time
    - More strenght
    - I lost water retention by drinking more water, basically doing the same as lowering the amount of sodium in your body

The only side-effect:

- Having to pee every 30-60 minutes

As for drinking too much, a lot of people are scared because they hear those freak news reports of people dying from people drinking too much water. Yes you can die from drinking too much water, however that would require at least 10 liters within a really small time frame.

So there you have it. Might be general knowledge for most of you but apparently, I didn't realize hydration was so important.
    However I hope it was helpful for the people who disregarded proper hydration so far.

Lift strong brothers!

- Alex
    I tried drinking 2.5 litres of water in 8 hours, finished it but I had a headache after that. This was a couple of years ago though.
    *Part of Ultra 2014 thread crew*
    *No fap August '14 crew*

Originally Posted by Jozu777 View Post
    Secondly, slight dehydration which is probably what you think you're talking about is nothing and you could be fukking yourself over drinking too much water.

" Experts warned that by the time you feel thirsty, you've already become dehydrated. However, recent studies show that being in this state of slight dehydration has no negative impact on performance or health.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about yeah. Slight dehydration won't be a problem. Our body's used to it.
    But being slightly dehydrated and ignoring it will lead to actual 2-3% dehydration, which then impacts the strength.

That's why I'd drink, even just a bit, whenever I'm thirsty. Have a bottle with you and take a few sips whenever you're a little thirsty.
    You won't be drinking too much water by doing that.

However I agree on the rest of your post, though I didn't actually mean to say that.

@sunnychrono

Can't imagine drinking 2.5l in 8 hours will give you a headache lol.

captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    very helpful thx
    Do your best and forget the rest

JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNicko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Look who got himself a sticky! Great thread, man
    Read this the other day. I'd been drinking about 1L of water a day, and after moving up to about 3L, i'm feeling a lot better in general...
    Especially the sleep part...
    "For the truly fortunate man, his body is a breathing image of self respect"

“I ask not for lighter burdens, but for broader shoulders.”

"If I went round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

myanimelist.net/animelist/jnicko

Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good stuff brah! I actually noticed several months ago that I had better workouts if I hydrated properly before lifting. Makes a noticable difference, especially if I do cardio directly after I lift.
    snapchat:bach225
    U.S. Army 13F
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    ★ DEADLIFT CREW ★
    +Ohio til I die crew+

Originally Posted by JNicko View Post
    Look who got himself a sticky! Great thread, man
    Read this the other day. I'd been drinking about 1L of water a day, and after moving up to about 3L, i'm feeling a lot better in general...
    Especially the sleep part...
    Originally Posted by Basketball22 View Post
    Good stuff brah! I actually noticed several months ago that I had better workouts if I hydrated properly before lifting. Makes a noticable difference, especially if I do cardio directly after I lift.
    Originally Posted by captinaaa View Post
    very helpful thx
    Glad to see this helped!

Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    but make sure you dont drink too much before bed, or take you creatine either lol. i used to do this and i would always have to wake up in the middle of my sleep just to take my raging piss.

Registered User Foreverliftin12's Avatar
    Foreverliftin12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Yes hydration is very important however you can cause damage from drinking a lot , this is extremely unlikely but I experienced this twice I went to the gym one day and drank a LOT of water during my workout and it was only a short intense one around 45 mins then I drank more after then I began to get slightly blurred vision and head aches and felt tired, apparently these are some mild symptoms of over hydration so basically drink when you feel you need to ! Just a heads up bro

Originally Posted by Foreverliftin12 View Post
    Yes hydration is very important however you can cause damage from drinking a lot , this is extremely unlikely but I experienced this twice I went to the gym one day and drank a LOT of water during my workout and it was only a short intense one around 45 mins then I drank more after then I began to get slightly blurred vision and head aches and felt tired, apparently these are some mild symptoms of over hydration so basically drink when you feel you need to ! Just a heads up bro
    Yeah working out during the gym won't help you much.
    I mentioned that you should start hydrating ~6 hours before hitting the gym for best results.

TBHinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I knew drinking water was important, and I've always been avid on drinking lots of water ever since losing weight after being obese, but I did not know some of the benefits it would have on the body!
    Thanks for this!

Originally Posted by TBHinz View Post
    I knew drinking water was important, and I've always been avid on drinking lots of water ever since losing weight after being obese, but I did not know some of the benefits it would have on the body!
    Thanks for this!
    Always good to get to know things better

Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500) Mednogorsk is not very helpful. (-500)
    In.
    Mod negged for politically incorrect opinion. Not mod's fault, they are slaves to the liberal regime.

FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FlamingDeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not spamming anything, we're having a discussion. You're posting as frequent as I am right now, in this thread, so you're being a bit hypocritcal by saying that.
    No matter what your response will be, you still said he's wrong (in other words) and you can't deny it.

Edit: I removed some of my posts to clean up the thread a bit. My mind is yet to be changed by you.

Du har stora axlar!
    All my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
    'Cause all I see is a shattered conscience staring right back at me
    I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
    'Cause I'm so afraid, is that the light at the far end of the tunnel or just the train

Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Novasus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gonna take your advice and start drinking more from now on.
    I really hope this'll help me with my falling asleep and waking up problem.

Tman915 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha, is that a bad thing?

Guess you can not draw in the snow :O
    War. The dark time of valor, loss and hope where a man is controlled by his gun; where a gun is controlled by his hatred. Completely uncontrollable. ~Daniel Ha

Originally Posted by Tman915 View Post
    Haha, is that a bad thing?

Guess you can not draw in the snow :O
    No if it's yellow it actually shows that there are too many toxins and other things your body needs to get out.
    If it's yellow all the time, chances are you'll lose some of those toxins through your sweat instead causing acne and smell.

So yeah.. drinking enough water is also a great way to fight acne.

Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Op I know that feel, the feel of realizing how much of a difference staying hydrated can make. I always thought I drank enough water, then when I started keto the first time I began drinking a lot more. 4 litres a day minimum. At first I felt kinda high, like I was all floaty, then I realized I was just more alert and awake and ready than usual. Water is amazing srs.. also my bladder has definitely increased its power level I don't have a potty break that often anymore

defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100) defenceluke is not very well liked. (-100)

hjkhj

ghjghj
    hjkh

PTECullum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTECullum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink about 4.5 litres a day (3 bottles of 1.5 litre) and I must admit it really annoys me having to urinate as often as I do, its quite debilitating to be quite honest with you.

Originally Posted by PTECullum View Post
    I drink about 4.5 litres a day (3 bottles of 1.5 litre) and I must admit it really annoys me having to urinate as often as I do, its quite debilitating to be quite honest with you.
    Worth it.

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No if it's yellow it actually shows that there are too many toxins and other things your body needs to get out.
    If it's yellow all the time, chances are you'll lose some of those toxins through your sweat instead causing acne and smell.

So yeah.. drinking enough water is also a great way to fight acne.
    Agreed.

I started drinking a gallon a day a year ago, since then my acne has slowly started to disappear.
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    Agreed.

I started drinking a gallon a day a year ago, since then my acne has slowly started to disappear.
    Great to hear! Way too many people turn to cosmetic products that attack their skin before trying out basic prevention.

mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mackey1123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    a gallon of water a day

newpandawill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

good

I think your avatar, good ambition