Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What's my body type: ectomorph or mesomorph?

I would like to work out and build muscle, but I want to know how hard it's going to be for me. I heard it's easiest for people with a Mesomorph body type. People who are Ectomorph or Endomorph have to work a lot harder. I've attached a picture of how my current body look.

I'm 5'11 and weigh 145 lbs. I trying to figure out if I'm Ectomorph or Mesomorph. I'm definitely not Endomorph, that's for sure, since I'm not overweight and I don't have to stay on any special diet to maintain my weight. When I look at myself, I feel that I'm too big to be Ectomorph, but I'm also not big enough to be Endomorph.

So, what do you guys think? Am I Ectomorph or Endomorph? Do you think I have the right genes to build muscle quickly with regular weight lifting?
    Attached Images

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it's not something you can change what difference does it make? Either you want to work to build or you don't, and frankly it doesn't matter what your body type is, it ain't going to happen quickly. Nothing happens quickly in this world... except injuries.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Manbody View Post
    I would like to work out and build muscle
    That, and good food and workouts is all you need.

****totypes are debunked nonsense (ecto, endo, meso). Junk science.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What if he is a hard gainer.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    That, and good food and workouts is all you need.

****totypes are debunked nonsense (ecto, endo, meso). Junk science.
    Actually, it's not. My neighbor is nothing but skin and bones; definitely ectomorph. When he told me he works out, I didn't believe him. But then he showed me his 6 pack abs, his weight lifting ability and can do a lot pushups and pullups. Yup, he definitely works out, but his body is still thin like a stick. It doesn't look like he's ever going to get bulky.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would like to work out and build muscle, but I want to know how hard it's going to be for me. I heard it's easiest for people with a Mesomorph body type. People who are Ectomorph or Endomorph have to work a lot harder. I've attached a picture of how my current body look.

I'm 5'11 and weigh 145 lbs. I trying to figure out if I'm Ectomorph or Mesomorph. I'm definitely not Endomorph, that's for sure, since I'm not overweight and I don't have to stay on any special diet to maintain my weight. When I look at myself, I feel that I'm too big to be Ectomorph, but I'm also not big enough to be Endomorph.

So, what do you guys think? Am I Ectomorph or Endomorph? Do you think I have the right genes to build muscle quickly with regular weight lifting?
    That's all arbitrary labeling based on BS. You just look out-of-shape-o-morph to me.

What you need to do is get your nutrition in order and then get on a solid lifting plan. In 4 or 5 months you will start to see some dramatic results.

I've had really good luck following this for nutrition- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1703981&page=1 . Here's another helpful nutrition thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6691851&page=1.

There are lots of proven beginner lifting programs to be found right here- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 . I like this one the best- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...7447933&page=1

I'd say "good luck", but it's more about hard work and dedication than luck. There are no pills or shortcuts.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Actually, it's not. My neighbor is nothing but skin and bones; definitely ectomorph. When he told me he works out, I didn't believe him. But then he showed me his 6 pack abs, his weight lifting ability and can do a lot pushups and pullups. Yup, he definitely works out, but his body is still thin like a stick. It doesn't look like he's ever going to get bulky.
    Sounds like he needs to eat more.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He doesn't eat enough.

BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tell him GOMAD (look it up) and eat more. Ice cream every night, lucky so and so.
    "There is a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.” LC

**Misc Cologne Crew**

Progress. Not perfection.

VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS "Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    ****totypes are just broad categories. Either way it doesn't change your goal

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Your body type is not that important because you are out of shape regardless of your body type. It will be your commitment to your training and nutrition that determines your progress.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I would like to work out and build muscle, but I want to know how hard it's going to be for me.
    huh?

Good luck meeting your fitness goals for 2013.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    huh?

Good luck meeting your fitness goals for 2013.
    I heard mesomorphs can get bulky and muscular very easily with fewer visits to the gym since they are blessed with good genes.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a result of not eating. OP, I started this charade at 148lbs. I learned to eat and pick stuff up. Highest weight to date 197.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It just don't matter what you are, you are still nowhere at this point. good luck.

But since you asked, here is some help. see ya in 2 years.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What%27s+my+bod...r+mesomorph%3F
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

I don't understand when you guys say, eat. I don't think many people have that problem. That is why so many people are overweight. How is eating going to make us more muscular rather than fat?

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    o_O

I fink I smellz a trall.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I heard mesomorphs can get bulky and muscular very easily with fewer visits to the gym since they are blessed with good genes.
    The whole '****totype' issue is nonsense. It was a theory proposed by a psychologist back in the '40's as a means of predicting behaviors. He's considered my modern experts to be a quack.

How any of his off-base ideas ever became associated with bodybuilding is a mystery.

You're a human, OP, the same as every other human. You will build muscle and/or lose body fat the same way any other human will do it--by training on a good basic beginner program and abiding by a solid nutrition plan. Get your preconceived notions of "body types" out of your head; otherwise, you'll be forever limited by them.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Instead of asking if it's going to be hard for you to gain muscle why don't you just lift and eat and find out for yourself? If you do find out that it is indeed tougher for you than the others who are "gifted" how does that change anything? Are you just going to give up? Put your big boy pants on son and start lifting.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Well, when I eat does that mean I have to give up junks like chips, soda, chocolate bars and cookies? Or is it ok that I eat them so long as I limit myself?

Well, when I eat does that mean I have to give up junks like chips, soda, chocolate bars and cookies? Or is it ok that I eat them so long as I limit myself?
    You need to get a grasp of the basics. Everything you ask has already been covered on this site, and in this forum, a million times.

You can start to do so by reading the info found in the stickies at the top of the 'nutrition,' 'workout programs,' and 'exercises' forums.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    trollolololol

If by some odd chance OP is not a troll, then Manbody, either take the advice of the guys or go do some research, don't argue with them, educate yourself first.

If you're going to enter a battle of the wits, make sure your armed.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    A kitten dies every time someone says "I'm a mesomorph." And a puppy dies every time someone says "I am an ectomorph."

If by some odd chance OP is not a troll, then Manbody, either take the advice of the guys or go do some research, don't argue with them, educate yourself first.
    I was never arguing. I was asking questions since I'm not very knowledgable on the subject.

handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looks like youre ectomorph to me op, best to quit now before you waste any time in the gym trying to gain impossible mass.

srs op why does it matter what "body type" ypu are, just

a: lift progressively heavier things
    b: eat enough to gain around 1lb every week
    always lose track of my sets crew
    always forget to add 10lb to one side crew
    usn
    squat 335x5 | bench 205x3x5 | dl 385x5

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was never arguing. I was asking questions since I'm not very knowledgable on the subject.
    Figure out maintenance calories, add 300-500 calories a day. Lift weights following a sensible program. Not hard bub.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

taysthetics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taysthetics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taysthetics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taysthetics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Aslong as you eat like a beast , train insane and sleep like a baby you will make gains .

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok, if that's the case, then check out the exercise and nutrition stickies and start reading, you'll find it follows the advice most everyone has given here.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Should I do lots of cardio as well?

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The harder to work the more you well get out of it - end of story. It's never "easy" It will never be "easy" It's not "easy for anyone" Remove this word from your language & you might go somewhere.