ben676 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Loose skin or fat? (pics included)

Last year around June time I started to diet and exercise and lost 60 Lbs of fat in 4 months, I am now 168 Lbs but I have either fat or loose skin that has been on my body for at least 8 months and hasn't tightened or gone away. When I stand straight the skin doesn't sag or look wrinkly but I do have a faded stretch mark on my abs, the skin only sags when I bend over and it droops down.
    Attached Images

FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50) FletchQQ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ben676 View Post
    Last year around June time I started to diet and exercise and lost 60 Lbs of fat in 4 months, I am now 168 Lbs but I have either fat or loose skin that has been on my body for at least 8 months and hasn't tightened or gone away. When I stand straight the skin doesn't sag or look wrinkly but I do have a faded stretch mark on my abs, the skin only sags when I bend over and it droops down.
    Exactly what i had man, i was overweight and when i lost alot it was like that. Now that i'm starting to cut up it's not noticble. But i believe it's just fat, which makes it look worse because your skin is slightly stretched.

If you add some mass then cut up it should pretty much go.
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
    ― T.E. Lawrence

deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10) deanjcrawford is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in exactly the same boat mate, except much heavier. Interested to see some replies...

Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's definitely a little fat left.

BTW you need to bulk.

Thanks for the replies much appreciated, would you say bulking up to around 185 Lbs?
    Last edited by ben676; 06-17-2013 at 07:49 AM.

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's fat and not just a small amount.
    YOu have very little muscle mass so you should probably bulk.
    *EDM KREW*
    *Positive Krew*
    *Minotaur kREw*
    *President of Mr.Cooper's Fan Klub krEW*

butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see what you mean man and it is frustrating as hell.
    The skin tightens up over time and when youre adding lean muscle mass the skin is filled in quite nicely. At the moment, what you have is definitely a mixture of both skin and fat. As mentioned earlier, the little bit of fat left really adds to that drooping effect and you just have to suck it up and get through the phase.

Atm, i do recommend cutting to where youre completely comfortable with yourself and then start a lean bulk. I dont think you should be bulking right now since youve got a good amount of fat on you atm. Id reckon that youre around 16-17% bf and i think you should lift heavy, eat right and cut to around 10-11%. Then do a nice year long clean bulk.

Good luck
    Trying IF
    150-170 grams of protein
    180-200 grams of carbs
    40-60 grams of fats

1 gram of carbs = 4 calories
    1 gram of protein = 4 calories
    1 gram of fat = 9 calories

Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same thing, but as I lower weight, its getting less
    www.facebook.com/ritchiedrama - Please support my Facebook page ~ Online Coaching and Personal Training + Much more useful information!
    www.youtube.com/ritchiedrama7
    www.instagram.com/ritchiedrama

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezyLBJKxbG4 - 2 year Transformation video

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160090901 ~ My powerlifting log.

1 RM's:

Bench: 310 lbs
    Squat: 330 lbs
    Deadlift: 375 lbs

Thanks for the information, but I'm 6'3" at 168 Lbs and if I cut to around 150 won't I become underweight?

amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same thing. It's loose skin + fat, and that exact area that droops is the last place that your body will lose fat. What that means is you'll be ripped everywhere (especially arms) by the time your body starts to take fat away from that area. I'm actually in the beginning stages of where significant amounts of fat is starting to be reduced from that area and it still is sagging and a lot. (it looks worse because the skin starts to wrinkle up)

THere are some things you can start doing now to make it look better , all of them itself won't have much of a difference but combined will help you look the best you can possible do

-Lift heavy
    -Eat clean, while minor cutting over a long period of time so your body can drop the body fat and allow your skin to tighten up
    -You most likely have anterior pelvic tilt, so go here to learn what it is and how to fix it (Google : TheBroBrah's Guide To Correcting Excessive APT.)
    -Buy some coco butter and rub that area every single day
    -Work abs and especially lower abs OFTEN
    -Don't think too much about it.

lets see how it goes.

And to OP I just took pics so you can see how I am in terms of bodyfat and mass and the amount of sag that I still have

i.imgur.com/8Gf5XDK.jpg
    sag : i.imgur.com/MlNwgTz.jpg
    Last edited by amirborna; 06-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.

ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by amirborna View Post
    I have the same thing. It's loose skin + fat, and that exact area that droops is the last place that your body will lose fat. What that means is you'll be ripped everywhere (especially arms) by the time your body starts to take fat away from that area. I'm actually in the beginning stages of where significant amounts of fat is starting to be reduced from that area and it still is sagging and a lot. (it looks worse because the skin starts to wrinkle up)

THere are some things you can start doing now to make it look better , all of them itself won't have much of a difference but combined will help you look the best you can possible do

-Lift heavy
    -Eat clean, while minor cutting over a long period of time so your body can drop the body fat and allow your skin to tighten up
    -You most likely have anterior pelvic tilt, so go here to learn what it is and how to fix it (Google : TheBroBrah's Guide To Correcting Excessive APT.)
    -Buy some coco butter and rub that area every single day
    -Work abs and especially lower abs OFTEN
    -Don't think too much about it.

lets see how it goes.
    Stop telling people to eat "CLEAN" arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

YES, eating clean helps people INITIALLY lose weight because the food is LESS calorie dense, but if you eat too much CLEAN food you'll still be fat, come on, STOP this madness before I lose the rest of my hair.
    www.facebook.com/ritchiedrama - Please support my Facebook page ~ Online Coaching and Personal Training + Much more useful information!

1 RM's:

amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amirborna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^ Clean can mean whatever the hell people want it to mean. It's the idea that matters. If the only thing from my entire post you can pull out is that one thing I said and rage over it, go to another forum and rage there

^ Clean can mean whatever the hell people want it to mean. It's the idea that matters. If the only thing from my entire post you can pull out is that one thing I said and rage over it, go to another forum and rage there
    Oh right yeah, clean can mean anything people want it to mean, so what was the point saying it then? Oh right.. none exactly.

You obviously have little idea about macro's and calories if you're goin' around banging on about "clean" eating.

1 RM's:

Originally Posted by ritchiedrama View Post
    Oh right yeah, clean can mean anything people want it to mean, so what was the point saying it then? Oh right.. none exactly.

You obviously have little idea about macro's and calories if you're goin' around banging on about "clean" eating.
    Trolling / Spam = reported , less bs posts on this forum = win

Trolling / Spam = reported , less bs posts on this forum = win
    Trolling? What by telling you that you're giving someone ridiculous advice? Yeah man, definitely trolling. I'm just stopping you spreading rubbish about clean eating.

1 RM's:

wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same thing, but as I lower weight, its getting less
    This will usually only be true if you're burning the last bit of fat. For most people, this area will actually look worse, the more they lose. Low-carb diets tend to make the surrounding skin less tight and any muscle loss (which tends to happen when leaning out) will only expose the fat more. People w/ this problem will notice that it actually looks better after a carb refeed... or when they're finally getting down under 10%.
    "I developed little areas no one else had, but I took a long time to do it.
    If there is one thing that distinguishes me from other bodybuilders, it's that I'm not in any kind of hurry."
    ~Frank Zane

TheBelgianBlue is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stop telling people to eat "CLEAN" arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

YES, eating clean helps people INITIALLY lose weight because the food is LESS calorie dense, but if you eat too much CLEAN food you'll still be fat, come on, STOP this madness before I lose the rest of my hair.

That's probably why you are losing your hair in the first place. "Clean" eating like fruits and vegetables have nutrients which are the building blocks to healthy skin and building new cells. And because of fiber and water content, it breaks down differently in the body.

So 200 calories of candy wont produce the same result of 200 calories of fruit. You will lose the same, theoretically, but what your body can use versus what it stores is vastly different. It can use all of that fruit...it can only use so much candy for building a better body.

It's like low grade gas. Yes, your car will still run and get you to work but you'll have gunk that will cause more problems than it will solve.

When you are fat. The damage has been done. All you can do is eat clean (give your body the nutrients and the best chance of healing itself) and pray for the best.

JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by butt_sahib911 View Post
    I see what you mean man and it is frustrating as hell.
    The skin tightens up over time and when youre adding lean muscle mass the skin is filled in quite nicely. At the moment, what you have is definitely a mixture of both skin and fat. As mentioned earlier, the little bit of fat left really adds to that drooping effect and you just have to suck it up and get through the phase.

Atm, i do recommend cutting to where youre completely comfortable with yourself and then start a lean bulk. I dont think you should be bulking right now since youve got a good amount of fat on you atm. Id reckon that youre around 16-17% bf and i think you should lift heavy, eat right and cut to around 10-11%. Then do a nice year long clean bulk.

Good luck
    Always good advice with you!! Spot on!!

Im in the same boat. OP. Check my photos. Sitting at 177 right now, more loose skin here and i plan on shedding another 5-7lbs of fat before a lean bulk. Your tummy will fill out nicely man!!
    Transformation Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177716261&p=1591136601#post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you really need to resurrect a 7 year old thread?
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) GringoMcGordo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ben676 View Post
    Here's my simplistic way of looking at it.

You're basically wearing a fat suit. When the fat starts disappearing, along with the inevitable muscle mass underneath if you're cutting, the suit gets too big. Gravity then takes hold and causes your suit to slump in areas. This is why you can lose a ton of fat and still have a pooch.

You should lean bulk for a while. That will tighten you up some, while simultaneously giving your skin time to adjust. Then cut again. Cut, bulk. Cut bulk. For us true fatties this process can take years. But that's how it's done.

Also, 60 lbs of fat in 4 months if accurate is an enormous amount. That's basically half a pound of fat a day. It's far more likely that 60 lbs includes a very significant amount of muscle.

Btw great job on your journey so far. You'll get there. Just remember that this is a process, and it's not a goal, it's a lifestyle change.
    Last edited by GringoMcGordo; 04-18-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Every passing day is a chance to turn it all around.