Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suger intake

Registered User LeanMachine2289's Avatar
    LeanMachine2289 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Suger intake

Quick question.. How much suger should I be taking in Dailey ? I'm only a young teen at the age of 14 I weigh about 65kg and 177cm tall. My goal is too put abit of muscle on for the up coming years when I get serouis with weight lifting. But I want to keep my BodyFat percentage low. So what you think?

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    At 14 i wouldnt worry about it, i mean, dont go crazy and eat nothing but candy, just eat your food, be happy and active and enjoy being able to get away with it while you can.

Just make sure you give your teeth a good brush 2-3 times a day.
    Eat the damn yolk.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is coming from a fellow teen: you're 14 - just make sensible food choices and don't worry so much.

KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500)
    A natural level is 15g a day, coming from carrots, a few berries, and trace amounts naturally found in other foods.

The average American is eating 160g a day of pure white sugar, which is the single worst thing you could possibly do to your body.

Since it's really nasty stuff associated with every ailment in Western society the smartest thing would to be abstain from a young age.

I'm not of the "yeah man you're young just do whatever" camp.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    A natural level is 15g a day, coming from carrots, a few berries, and trace amounts naturally found in other foods.

The average American is eating 160g a day of pure white sugar, which is the single worst thing you could possibly do to your body.

Since it's really nasty stuff associated with every ailment in Western society the smartest thing would to be abstain from a young age.

You need to stop posting before someone actually takes the crap you say seriously.

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Please go.

KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500) KimchiNinja is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    You need to stop posting before someone actually takes the crap you say seriously.
    And it's not true because???

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    And it's not true because???
    I don't have time to debate with you, so I'm just gonna neg you next time you post something stupid in the hope that you get banned asap.

Oh and FYI: You're making the claim that sugar is bad, so the burden of proof is on you.

And I shall link you to this from Alan Aragon's ******** page:

https://www.********.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

You're making the claim that sugar is bad, so the burden of proof is on you.
    Q: are you insane?

I thought this was the nutrition forum.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz

explain your logic please.
    Eat the damn yolk.

mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Eating 1 piece of fruit would give you more than the 15g of sugar you are suggesting. You would be seriously deficient in vitamins and minerals if you held yourself to that.

Originally Posted by mjdieth View Post
    Eating 1 piece of fruit would give you more than the 15g of sugar you are suggesting. You would be seriously deficient in vitamins and minerals if you held yourself to that.
    You're not correct though.

Carrots - 150g
    Broccoli - 200g
    Strawberries - 100g

35g carbohydrates, 15g sugar, 388% vitamin A, 410% vitamin C.

mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50) mjdieth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Carrots - 150g
    Broccoli - 200g
    Strawberries - 100g

I eat more fruit and and veggies than that.

Carrots - 150g
    Broccoli - 200g
    Strawberries - 100g

You have yet to give any explanation as to why we should be avoiding sugar.

You have yet to give any explanation as to why we should be avoiding sugar.
    It's actually hard for me to get my head around that you are sincerely asking this question.

Sugar increases triglycerides. It's associated with heart attack, cancer, attention deficit, obesity and the whole metabolic syndrome mess. You can go back to the 1930s and look at Weston Price's observations of hunter-gather tribes and the physical degeneration, including tooth decay and facial bone structure, which took place after introducing sugar to their diets. There's no nutritional requirement for consuming it and lots of reasons why not to consume it.

This stuff has been known for a long time.

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/123/20/2292.full

omg lol ^^
    Eat the damn yolk.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    KimchiNinja,

Please read page 32 to 34 of this presentation:
    http://www.nsca.com/uploadedFiles/NS...ook/Aragon.pdf

And here: http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/0...tose-alarmism/
    Last edited by Mrpb; 06-13-2013 at 12:16 PM.

It's actually hard for me to get my head around that you are sincerely asking this question.

Sugar increases triglycerides. It's associated with heart attack, cancer, attention deficit, obesity and the whole metabolic syndrome mess. You can go back to the 1930s and look at Weston Price's observations of hunter-gather tribes and the physical degeneration, including tooth decay and facial bone structure, which took place after introducing sugar to their diets. There's no nutritional requirement for consuming it and lots of reasons why not to consume it.

Just got in from running some errands and this^ gave me a good chuckle to return home to.

STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

While I do not advocate getting a ton of carbs from sugar, the referenced article does not say that sugar causes anything. What it does say is that higher BMIs, obesity, and diabetes are risk factors that are a good way to predict the onset of CVD. And as we all know, you can get fat and obtain a high BMI (or I would even say have less LBM) with a diet devoid of carbs all together.

I think the bigger risk factor is being sedentary and overweight than eating sugar. Sugar is only blamed because of how it weasels itself into everything. Saying sugar causes CVD is the same as saying salt causes obesity (the reasoning there is that salty foods encourage drinking more, and when we choose a drink, we choose a sugary drink, thus obesity). Correlation =/= causation.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by STC1188 View Post
    While I do not advocate getting a ton of carbs from sugar, the referenced article does not say that sugar causes anything. What it does say is that higher BMIs, obesity, and diabetes are risk factors that are a good way to predict the onset of CVD. And as we all know, you can get fat and obtain a high BMI (or I would even say have less LBM) with a diet devoid of carbs all together.

I think the bigger risk factor is being sedentary and overweight than eating sugar. Sugar is only blamed because of how it weasels itself into everything. Saying sugar causes CVD is the same as saying salt causes obesity (the reasoning there is that salty foods encourage drinking more, and when we choose a drink, we choose a sugary drink, thus obesity). Correlation =/= causation.
    Quality post.

JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnGalt25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Please read page 32 to 34 of this presentation
    Can't quote your links, not enough posts, but thanks for posting these links, very informative stuff

Originally Posted by STC1188 View Post

This^

9 times out of 10 it just comes down to correlation over causation. Sure if you get a bunch of people who eat a lot of sugar they are likely to be at a higher risk of illnesses, but that's because people who eat a lot of sugar tend to be overweight and not health conscious. And it's that which causes the problems, not the sugar itself.

What people often forget is that most of the time the carbs you eat end up as glucose in your bloodstream anyway.

This^

9 times out of 10 it just comes down to correlation over causation.
    Riiight, way to ignore the wealth of accumulated human knowledge on the topic.

You should really be banned from the nutrition forum, if not the internet as a whole.

Riiight, way to ignore the wealth of accumulated human knowledge on the topic.

You should really be banned from the nutrition forum, if not the internet as a whole.
    Said the red to the green.

Said the red to the green.
    I don't know anything about the little bars of social acceptance nor does that interest me. It apparently interests you.

Sugar raises triglycerides. That's not a good thing.

I don't know anything about the little bars of social acceptance nor does that interest me. It apparently interests you.

Yeah I have better things to do than argue with you.

I'm sure it won't be long before you're banned anyway.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

brb eating over 100g of sugar a day and have PERFECT blood work panels
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Up and at 'em at 3:30am APipeDream's Avatar
    APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    brb eating over 100g of sugar a day and have PERFECT blood work panels
    100g a day sugar club...checking in

Originally Posted by APipeDream View Post
    100g a day sugar club...checking in
    I've had 244g today. srs.

You guys are awesome, checking myfitnesspal; I had 5g today. It looks like trace amounts in eggs, kelp and such.