Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

anyone does indoor tanning?

I am thinking of giving it a try starting next month bc im pretty pale. Could any of you resoond to this thread and I can pm and share info on lotions, goggles, safety? Ty

Peanut Butter Addict MrsClayMatthews's Avatar
    MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love tanning. <3 Can't wait to finish my ink so I can get back into it. Goggles are a must, I lapsed into a phase where I wasn't wearing them for a couple moments and did notice a difference in my vision. Start very low on minutes. Relax, enjoy!

annoying vegan bitchface aintevenmad's Avatar
    aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My tips:

*Always wear goggles, always. Most salons provide them and theyre all pretty much the same.
    *Start with a lotion that doesn't contain bronzer so you can see how well your skin develops a tan by itself. Then you can graduate to a bronzer lotion.
    *Stand-ups are the best for tanning your upper body, laydowns are better for legs.
    *Your skin will be drier in general so 2x daily moisturising is a MUST even on days where you aren't tanning.
    *Clean up after yourself especially in the laydowns.

GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like it every now and then. But like MrsCM, I've had ink work done, and haven't been able to tan lately.
    FSU "Go Noles!"

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I miss it... I like a lotion with a bronzer in it. Makes the tan look deeper. Also I used go in the superbed to get uber dark if I was going out but its pricy for one time use. Some places also have a leg bed.

Agree u should start low minutes... use goggles

And now I want to tan.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh ya shave or exfoliate bfore u go so ur tan stays longer.

I cant do the stand up...id have hyooge white patches where my boobs were hanging lol.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aintevenmad View Post
    My tips:

*Always wear goggles, always. Most salons provide them and theyre all pretty much the same.
    *Start with a lotion that doesn't contain bronzer so you can see how well your skin develops a tan by itself. Then you can graduate to a bronzer lotion.
    *Stand-ups are the best for tanning your upper body, laydowns are better for legs.
    *Your skin will be drier in general so 2x daily moisturising is a MUST even on days where you aren't tanning.
    *Clean up after yourself especially in the laydowns.

Would you mind typing up all of the lotions in this thread? Pls respond

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes. I stay indoors year-round and still manage to maintain tanned looking skin.

Recommend some skin bleaching products, please.

MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000) MrsClayMatthews is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hannah82 View Post
    Oh ya shave or exfoliate bfore u go so ur tan stays longer.

Very good tip! Something I always forget about.

Greeky, I wanna see the new ink!

aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hidingwithmusic View Post
    Would you mind typing up all of the lotions in this thread? Pls respond
    I use "Honey Dew Hemp- Dark Tanning Accelerator" by Supre Tan when doing my base (it makes you tan faster but has no colour in it). It does smell VERY girly though. The good thing about the no-bronzer ones is that you can shower immediately after.

I use "Hooked on Hemp-8x Bronzer" by Supre Tan when I want to get even darker. It's better to wait 2 hours after tanning before showering with this one.

For daily moisturising I use Garnier Quick Absorbing Intensive 7 Day- normal drug store stuff.

If you live in the USA you will have much more options than me

Queen by Designer Skin is my favorite. Muuuuuch cheaper online!

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3004470...Types&var=sbar

Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "all things in Moderation.........repeat"

.Bonecrshr #3

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them

I use "Honey Dew Hemp- Dark Tanning Accelerator" by Supre Tan when doing my base (it makes you tan faster but has no colour in it). It does smell VERY girly though. The good thing about the no-bronzer ones is that you can shower immediately after.

I use "Hooked on Hemp-8x Bronzer" by Supre Tan when I want to get even darker. It's better to wait 2 hours after tanning before showering with this one.

For daily moisturising I use Garnier Quick Absorbing Intensive 7 Day- normal drug store stuff.

If you live in the USA you will have much more options than me

You should work at a tanning salon bc youre much smarter than the girl I have called. daily moistuirising happens in morning or afternoon(before or after the day`s tan) & how many days a week should i tan?

Ty again

You should work at a tanning salon bc youre much smarter than the girl I have called. daily moistuirising happens in morning or afternoon(before or after the day`s tan) & how many days a week should i tan?

Ty again
    Haha I'm multi-talented... plus I go to a salon where the staff are super helpful. Thanks =]

You should moisturise every day in the morning and before bed. Make sure the moisturiser that you'e using at night time doesn't have any sunscreen/SPF in it because it'll clog your pores. You can use an SPF one during the day though.

Use the tanning lotions just before you hop in to the tanning bed. You still need to moisturise in the day and at night even if you are tanning that day.

How many days a week depends on your skin and skin colour. If you are olive skinned with yellow or golden undertones (Latino, south Italian, Greek, Middle Eastern, etc) then you can go every 2nd day for the first 2 weeks, and then 2x a week after that. If you find your skin retains colour well you can decrease to once a week even.

If you are fair skinned, with pink undertones (german, irish, etc) then 2x a week max.

Make sure you start with weaker beds for short amounts of time. When you have some colour you can use the stronger beds.

Originally Posted by ohdar1ing View Post
    Fuk... I hate to sound like a grandma/thread-kill... but reconsider it, OP?

I have had my share of tanning kicks in the past, and while I don't necessarily regret my exposure to the UV rays, I wouldn't put myself at jeopardy of the skin cancer (you say you're "pretty pale") and premature wrinkles wittingly anymore. All it takes is going into the salon and seeing the disgusting looking 32-year olds who look about 60 because of their damaged skin to change your mind.

There are a lot of good self-tanners out there now that are pretty convincing. Victoria's Secret makes this gel one that comes in a pump that I am obsessed with! Buildable ones, such as Jergens, have worked for me in the past too. Stay safe, OP!

Jk.

Haha I'm multi-talented... plus I go to a salon where the staff are super helpful. Thanks =]

You should moisturise every day in the morning and before bed. Make sure the moisturiser that you'e using at night time doesn't have any sunscreen/SPF in it because it'll clog your pores. You can use an SPF one during the day though.

Use the tanning lotions just before you hop in to the tanning bed. You still need to moisturise in the day and at night even if you are tanning that day.

How many days a week depends on your skin and skin colour. If you are olive skinned with yellow or golden undertones (Latino, south Italian, Greek, Middle Eastern, etc) then you can go every 2nd day for the first 2 weeks, and then 2x a week after that. If you find your skin retains colour well you can decrease to once a week even.

If you are fair skinned, with pink undertones (german, irish, etc) then 2x a week max.

Make sure you start with weaker beds for short amounts of time. When you have some colour you can use the stronger beds.
    Ive found a moisturizer for men i can use daily dame made by Garnier.. I may try that out first. Care to look? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1KOJ8XCY4AJ00

I sound like the latino, so i will have to go what your directions tell.

Also, when i walk into the sallon will i need to bring my own towels to clean up the bed? I am assuming people get naked in them right?

Originally Posted by ohdar1ing View Post
    Fuk... I hate to sound like a grandma/thread-kill... but reconsider it, OP?

I have had my share of tanning kicks in the past, and while I don't necessarily regret my exposure to the UV rays, I wouldn't put myself at jeopardy of the skin cancer (you say you're "pretty pale") and premature wrinkles wittingly anymore. All it takes is going into the salon and seeing the disgusting looking 32-year olds who look about 60 because of their damaged skin to change your mind.

There are a lot of good self-tanners out there now that are pretty convincing. Victoria's Secret makes this gel one that comes in a pump that I am obsessed with! Buildable ones, such as Jergens, have worked for me in the past too. Stay safe, OP!
    life is all about experiences... i just want this one under my belt :P

Ive found a moisturizer for men i can use daily dame made by Garnier.. I may try that out first. Care to look? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1KOJ8XCY4AJ00

I sound like the latino, so i will have to go what your directions tell.

Also, when i walk into the sallon will i need to bring my own towels to clean up the bed? I am assuming people get naked in them right?

life is all about experiences... i just want this one under my belt :P
    That's a face moisturiser. You need a body one

My ex used this one, it's a clean smell so it's not very girly:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Daily-Lo...ea+moisturizer

My salon provides towels to wipe yourself, as well as paper towels to wipe the bed. I don't use their towels though (sharing towels is a great way to get a Staphyloccoccus infection)- I just use the paper ones to wipe the bed then bin them.

I go in nekkid, some people keep their underwear on. I also take baby wipes with me to wipe myself down after- more refreshing than just using a towel.

Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes.
    probably look orange alot. brb gonna have skin cancer
    wld rather than be pastey.
    irishgermanswedish.cantgettan/10
    I'm not saying its aliens but......it's aliens

toon z

Registered User luckynumber13as's Avatar
    luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am thinking of giving it a try starting next month bc im pretty pale. Could any of you resoond to this thread and I can pm and share info on lotions, goggles, safety? Ty
    Indoor tanning is a must for me. I don't typically have the time to spend outside to get the tan I desire "naturally". Feel free to PM for more info.
    KIK: patschick83

Stay humble, stay hungry. Sullivan0930's Avatar
    Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sullivan0930 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont use goggles or any tanning lotion. It takes longer this way but i think it looks better.i got a nice tan in about a month, havent gone in a while now that summer is here though.

luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000) luckynumber13as is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sullivan0930 View Post
    i dont use goggles or any tanning lotion. It takes longer this way but i think it looks better.i got a nice tan in about a month, havent gone in a while now that summer is here though.
    Most places that I go to require you to show them that you have goggles before they let you in the tanning bed room.

Petrolia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skin cancer runs in my family and it is no fun! So, no more tanning beds for me. I use the Versa Spa 3x a month and use gradual self-tan lotions in between. The tanning salon I go to doesn't use the Versa Spa tan "mixture" though. They mix their own, which is the key. I've tried Versa Spa in the past and end up orange every time! I prefer having someone spray tan me by hand, but that can get pricey. Between Versa Spa and self-tan lotion, I spend around $25/month, which is much cheaper than quality tanning beds and is way better for your skin.

Back when I used tanning beds, I always started with a level 5 bed for 5 sessions every 2-3 days and then dropped to once a month to maintain. I used a lotion with a bronzer, but usually only on my legs.

Originally Posted by Petrolia View Post

Back when I used tanning beds, I always started with a level 5 bed for 5 sessions every 2-3 days and then dropped to once a month to maintain. I used a lotion with a bronzer, but usually only on my legs.
    Sounds pretty close to what I do.

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I cannot believe the amount of people ITT who would rather have skin cancer than be their natural colors. Holy fuk.

Your guys' stupidity baffles me - and I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Originally Posted by SultanaK View Post
    I cannot believe the amount of people ITT who would rather have skin cancer than be their natural colors. Holy fuk.

to each their own.

Originally Posted by luckynumber13as View Post
    to each their own.
    Girl.

Smh.

Girl.

Smh.
    What?

l1festyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

agree here ^^

Originally Posted by l1festyle View Post
    agree here ^^
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but to tell somebody they are stupid for making their own decision is a little ridiculous in my opinion.

KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KKieffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I'm a ghostly white guy that is in his mid 30's but I look much younger than most people my age. I really think it's due to always using lots of sunscreen while in the sun. Also not smoking seems to be a huge thing as well. It's not just the cancer aspect tanning ages your skin by a huge amount as well. People who tan a lot by their mid 30 often look 10 years older than people who do not.

So I agree with you.