Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That mountain walk/run looks awesome. Great view.

Your diet and training are intense... very motivational.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by securekey View Post
    That mountain walk/run looks awesome. Great view.

Your diet and training are intense... very motivational.
    Thanx appreciate the company!!

Yesterday Back!

Close grip V handle lat pulldown
    4 sets x 12 reps
    x 65-75kg
    Superset with pelvic thrusts...sounds fun!!!
    Lie on floor with heels on bench - keeping legs straight and lift pelvis up as high as you can x 15
    Like this except the heels on a bench
    Really hits the glutes and hammies
    [youtube]SwGGwf4rtJE/youtube]

Then a giant 3 station superset with Wide grip Lat pulldown + Straight Arm Pulldown and a kneeling rope lat pulldown
    4 sets x 12 reps...

.....now that introduces you to Mr & Mrs Lactic Acid...and their kids

Then over to the one arm cable rows 4 sets x 12 reps x 30kg

Down stairs to the incline T-bar rows - 4 sets x 12 reps x 40kg

Finished off with bentover one arm dumbbell rows 3 sets x 8 reps x 42.5 kg

Today this walk along our Strand...dead of winter and temp is 25cel and a bonza of a day!!

1' 20"...bewdiful morning!

Arms bis and tris this pm
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post
    Thanx appreciate the company!!

Yesterday Back!

Close grip V handle lat pulldown
    4 sets x 12 reps
    x 65-75kg
    Superset with pelvic thrusts...sounds fun!!!
    Lie on floor with heels on bench - keeping legs straight and lift pelvis up as high as you can x 15
    Like this except the heels on a bench
    Really hits the glutes and hammies

Then a giant 3 station superset with Wide grip Lat pulldown + Straight Arm Pulldown and a kneeling rope lat pulldown
    4 sets x 12 reps...

.....now that introduces you to Mr & Mrs Lactic Acid...and their kids

Then over to the one arm cable rows 4 sets x 12 reps x 30kg

Down stairs to the incline T-bar rows - 4 sets x 12 reps x 40kg

Finished off with bentover one arm dumbbell rows 3 sets x 8 reps x 42.5 kg
    That's a heavy duty back day ... loads of volume: 7 exercises for lats and 4 high rep sets for each. I really like that tri-set Yak --- the pump would've been awesome -- I'd like to do something like that but there's no way I could move between 3 machines without someone getting in the way. I'd probably throw with the lactic acidosis as well

Beautiful pics! A sunny day in Paradise!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    That's a heavy duty back day ... loads of volume: 7 exercises for lats and 4 high rep sets for each. I really like that tri-set Yak --- the pump would've been awesome -- I'd like to do something like that but there's no way I could move between 3 machines without someone getting in the way. I'd probably throw with the lactic acidosis as well

Beautiful pics! A sunny day in Paradise!
    WE work out in a packed gym...and manage to get it done...NO EXCUSES!!!

And your'e right...almost perfect up here for about 8-9 months ..then the wet hits and its a bit brutal!
    Last edited by yakabebe; 07-14-2013 at 02:24 PM.

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

Legs tonight and gotta say...its the closest Ive come to spewin'...

To also help me Ive taken to wearing a Polar heart rate monitor abnd want to see how hard Im going cardiovasculalry.

Revealing...

Squat
    6 sets x 15 reps (target)

Supersetted to boost the cardio workout of the session with bulgarian lunges 10 per leg

1: 80kg
    2: 90kg
    3: 95kg (14 reps)
    4: 92.5 (14 reps)
    5: 90kg (15 reps)
    6: 90kg (15 reps)

H/R peaked each set a little higher and maxed at 127 and was back to 107 by next turn

Hack Squat - Lying....
    This one right here.......

4 sets x 15 reps x 9 plates (out of 14)

Supersetted with one legged lunges 10 per leg
    All sets done to 15 reps x 9 plates on machine

H/R...peaking at 134 and settling to 112 before next set

Feeling ill by now. Light headed dizzy nauseous and hot as hell

Supersetted two hammie exercises
    Lying leg curl x 12 reps x 6 plates

Straight to a standing leg curl x 15 reps x 20kg

Hr...a lot lower...clearly not as systemic a demand on me as the others

Finished off with straight legged dead lift
    3 sets x 12 reps x 80kg

HR peaked at 125

Drenched in sweat...but satified I gave it my all. Spent.

Its night like these that my little saying at the bottom rings loudly in my ears.

Simple plan.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only times I've ever spewed have been on leg days. It hasn't happened for a few years though so you're making me feel guilty. Those 15 rep sets of squats at 90+kg would have been a great start to get that lactic acid build up happening. That hack squat/one legged lunge SS would have finished me off
    I can't believe that you managed to do the leg curls and SLDLs after that
    How long did that session take?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

The only times I've ever spewed have been on leg days. It hasn't happened for a few years though so you're making me feel guilty. Those 15 rep sets of squats at 90+kg would have been a great start to get that lactic acid build up happening. That hack squat/one legged lunge SS would have finished me off
    I can't believe that you managed to do the leg curls and SLDLs after that
    How long did that session take?
    Came close...didnt heave.

A couple of years ago one of out team a young kid spewed EVERY leg night...wanted to give him sympathy abut in the end we just gave it to him..

The session last night went for 1 hour 20"...a wee bit longer than usual.

Body weight has made big moves in the past 2-3 weeks...3 weeks ago tomorrow I was 88kg...this Am with til tomorrow to go...I was 83.2

Body fat measure Wed.

Simple plan.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That lying down thing seems crazy. Even the pic makes me dizzy. I bet I'd be crazy light headed simply getting off the thing. Great workouts yak.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    That lying down thing seems crazy. Even the pic makes me dizzy. I bet I'd be crazy light headed simply getting off the thing. Great workouts yak.
    Gotta say that lying hack is a GREAT quad exercise...as close to an isolation exercise as I feel I get.

As for the dizziness...in the squat it felt far more as on the one hand, you're standing up....so its a long way down and #2...you got about 100kg that would hit ya a second later...interferes with the concentration

Lying down at least youre already there!!

Simple plan.

Came close...didnt heave.

A couple of years ago one of out team a young kid spewed EVERY leg night...wanted to give him sympathy abut in the end we just gave it to him..
    In my youth I was a regular dry-retcher on leg day. If I'd had PWOs then I'm sure I would have been redecorating the walls frequently

The session last night went for 1 hour 20"...a wee bit longer than usual.

Body weight has made big moves in the past 2-3 weeks...3 weeks ago tomorrow I was 88kg...this Am with til tomorrow to go...I was 83.2

Body fat measure Wed.
    Nice amount of volume for 80 minutes
    Great progress on the bodyweight .. that was a real whoosh dropping 5kg in 3 weeks!

Gotta say that lying hack is a GREAT quad exercise...as close to an isolation exercise as I feel I get.
    We've got one of those in our gym and I really like it because it allows you to focus on foot placement and really driving through the quads. The problem I have is that when I go heavy the pad pressing against all the scars on my shoulder is quite painful

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I concur; that machine got plenty of use at one of my better equipped old gyms.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Chest and body fat tonight

Flat bvench dumbbell press
    2 sets x 6 x 47.5kg
    2 sets x 8 x 45kg
    2 sets x 10 x 45kg
    2 sets x 12 x 42.5,,,got 11
    next set x 40kg x 12

Great volume and peak effort

Over to the seated chest press
    2 sets x 15 x 30kg a side
    2 sets x 12 x 35kg a side
    2 sets x 10 x 40 kg a side

Chest is swole!

Pec Deck Machine
    3 sets x 15 reps x 6 plates

Focus here is to keep the elbows in and low and effect a real squeeeeezzzzzzeeeee in the motion of peak contraction
    Interspersed with pushups to failure.

Chest is screamin....

Almost done

Now to incline chest press machine
    2 sets x 7 plates
    Last set a drop set
    7 plates x 10
    4 plates x 10
    3 plates x 10

SCREAMING!!!!!!

2 plates x 15 reps

Glad that was over.

Body fat
    14 June
    3 site measure
    Chest 4mm
    Abs 8mm
    Thigh 7mm
    19mm...aiming for <6mm sum total

28 June
    Chest 3.5mm
    Abs 7mm
    Thigh 5mm
    15.5mm...aiming for <6mm sum total

17 July
    Chest 3mm
    Abs 6mm
    Thigh 4mm
    13mm...aiming for <6mm sum total

All good...home to eat!

Simple plan.

That's a great chest workout Yak! Do you find that your strength or stamina drop as you shred down or can you maintain the same intensity throughout your prep?
    Great job on the cutting as well. The thought of even getting down to 13mm total fat measurment is scary. What do you think that makes your bodyfat at the moment?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

That's a great chest workout Yak! Do you find that your strength or stamina drop as you shred down or can you maintain the same intensity throughout your prep?
    Great job on the cutting as well. The thought of even getting down to 13mm total fat measurment is scary. What do you think that makes your bodyfat at the moment?
    What Im noticing this year and THIS year is TOTALY different in terms of diet....is Im maintaining my strength thru the set.

The difference?

In the last say 4 years my diet has always been more and more radical and leading up to eventually at most a 3:1 no carb:carb day cycle...that is 3 days zero carbs and on day 4 a small measure...and run that for a few months

Then....in say a set of 12, Im feeling strong thru say rep 5 or 6 but by 7 or 8...I got nothing. Fade almost instantly...probably exhaust the meagre glycogen levels. Progressively in years past the weight in terms of max's steadily came down but we countervailed that with upping the intensity.

This year I m having carbs...GLORIOUS carbs - every day...albeit not that much - 250 gr cooked sweet potato at lunch

And this year Im getting to reps 10, 11 and 12 and with the heavier weights!

As for my body fat if you use the standard 3 site measurement and the caliper readings given the b/f % is now
    YOUR RESULTS
    BODY FAT PERCENTAGE: 7.2
    LBS/KGS OF BODY FAT: 6.12
    LEAN BODY WEIGHT: 78.88

Simple plan.

A few updates

Weight contiunues to drop

Last week...83.6.....this week 82.6kg

Pics
    1st 30 June 2nd 21 July

Simple plan.

What Im noticing this year and THIS year is TOTALY different in terms of diet....is Im maintaining my strength thru the set.

The difference?

In the last say 4 years my diet has always been more and more radical and leading up to eventually at most a 3:1 no carb:carb day cycle...that is 3 days zero carbs and on day 4 a small measure...and run that for a few months

Then....in say a set of 12, Im feeling strong thru say rep 5 or 6 but by 7 or 8...I got nothing. Fade almost instantly...probably exhaust the meagre glycogen levels. Progressively in years past the weight in terms of max's steadily came down but we countervailed that with upping the intensity.

This year I m having carbs...GLORIOUS carbs - every day...albeit not that much - 250 gr cooked sweet potato at lunch

And this year Im getting to reps 10, 11 and 12 and with the heavier weights!

As for my body fat if you use the standard 3 site measurement and the caliper readings given the b/f % is now
    YOUR RESULTS
    BODY FAT PERCENTAGE: 7.2
    LBS/KGS OF BODY FAT: 6.12
    LEAN BODY WEIGHT: 78.88
    I've seen that with a lot of people logging about their cuts and it seems the wisdom has changed over the last few years from a hard carb cycling regime with 250+g protein to accepting 150g protein and filling up the space with carbs. It's cool that someone as experienced as you can notice the difference. This may also help you in getting your metabolism fired up when the competition season is over.

Looking great in both pics but sharpening up nicely in the latest

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I've seen that with a lot of people logging about their cuts and it seems the wisdom has changed over the last few years from a hard carb cycling regime with 250+g protein to accepting 150g protein and filling up the space with carbs. It's cool that someone as experienced as you can notice the difference. This may also help you in getting your metabolism fired up when the competition season is over.

Looking great in both pics but sharpening up nicely in the latest
    Yeah...even I can see the sharpening {grin}

Hows the return to reality treating ya...put on many kilos?

Simple plan.

securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking good in the update pics.

BF and weight are heading in the right direction. Interesting observations regarding rep count and carbs... I know it makes a big difference for me too.

Originally Posted by securekey View Post
    Looking good in the update pics.

BF and weight are heading in the right direction. Interesting observations regarding rep count and carbs... I know it makes a big difference for me too.
    Thanx for that.

Particularly as one depletes and does so with reduced carbs the glycogen in the muscles gets used up pretty damn quick and hen it s a real struggle...so far this year as Ive still been having 250g carbs per day...like being in heaven!

Simple plan.

Legs tonight - only 3 of us...wen quickly.

Started with Seated Leg Curl Machine
    5 sets x 12-15 reps 55kg
    Supersetted with Speed squats x 12

Straight Legged Dead Lifts - strrive to get maximum reach and not bounce the weight off the floor
    5 sets x 12 reps
    1: 80kg
    2: 90kg
    3: 95kg
    4: 95kg
    5: 95kg
    Supersetted with Standing Lunges
    Sets were 10 reps per side
    5 with 12.5kg hand weights
    5 body weight

Standing Leg Curl Machine - hammering the rear of the leg tonight!
    5 sets x 15 reps x 20kgs
    Supersetted with sets of reverse lunges x 12 per side

Finished with Standing Calf Raises
    Very much the focus is to get maximum stretch at the bottom and a good contraction at the top - doing it that way...it is UNBELEIVABLY harder than just repping out with a small ROM.
    4 sets x 75kgs x 15 reps
    Last set a drop set
    70kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    25kg x 10

Simple plan.

Wed night...must be CHEST NIGHT...its been chest night for the past 8 years!!!

Flat bench dumbbell press
    2 sets x 6 x 47.5kg
    2 sets x 8 x 45kg
    2 sets x 10 x 42.5kg
    2 sets x 12 x 40 got 11
    next set x 35kg x 12

Great pump

Over to the Inclined Bench Press
    2 sets x 12 x 30kg a side
    2 sets x 12 x 35kg a side
    2 sets x 10 x 37.5kg a side
    2 sets x 8 x 40kg per side

Chest is tired!

Pec Deck Machine - Different machine 20 plates
    3 sets x 15 reps x 12 plates
    1 drop set
    1: 12 plts x 12 reps
    2: 10plts x 10 reps
    3: 8 plates x 10 reps
    4: 6 plates rep out........got it to 21

Focus here is to keep the elbows in and low and effect a real squeeeeezzzzzzeeeee in the motion of peak contraction

We decided to susppend the interspered activities as I have respoinded with a biig b/f reduction . We'll hold it in reserve and see where we are in about 4-5 weeks

Shoulders atomorrow and Friday,,,date with Mr Calipers

Simple plan.

That is one machine I really miss... doing these with a barbell in the home gym just doesn't feel the same.

The drop set at the end looks like a great finisher. Love the stiff leg deadlifts too.

Diet change....adding fish to da menu and losing some of the da bird.

So daily intake is:
    1. 6 egg whites + 1 whole egg
    2. 150g chicken
    3. 175g fish + 250g cooked sweet potato
    4. 150g chicken or protein shake - depends on work
    5. 150gr chicken + 200g lettuce

Just on the 1200 cals/day mark.

The good thing is that Im still losing and STILL got carbs ibn EVERY DAY which is different from past years.

And the REALLY good thing is....if ya have a look at my last session - chesticles....Im at my PB levels in terms of stregnth.

I still see a sharp decline in repping power due in my view to the minimised level of glycogen available and that the muscles deplete in a set more quickly on low carbs.

This wont change till I probably supercompensate with maybe 350g of carbs (not thats carb gr not the weight of food)...thats the # Im aware which is required to reglycogenise (???) the body

Good if a little techie.
    http://members.tripod.com/jpe_sports...mpensation.htm

Simple plan.

Damn 1200 cals per day seems so low for a big guy ... that diet's pretty much 200g of protein and the fat from one egg yolk unless the fish is oily. What fish are you including in your diet? Carbs from the sweet potato is maybe 30-50g
    At what stage n the diet do you plan to 'supercompensate'?

That DB benching is looking really strong so keeping the small amount of carbs in must be working

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet change....adding fish to da menu and losing some of the da bird.

So daily intake is:
    1. 6 egg whites + 1 whole egg
    2. 150g chicken
    3. 175g fish + 250g cooked sweet potato
    4. 150g chicken or protein shake - depends on work
    5. 150gr chicken + 200g lettuce

Just on the 1200 cals/day mark.

The good thing is that Im still losing and STILL got carbs ibn EVERY DAY which is different from past years.

And the REALLY good thing is....if ya have a look at my last session - chesticles....Im at my PB levels in terms of stregnth.

I still see a sharp decline in repping power due in my view to the minimised level of glycogen available and that the muscles deplete in a set more quickly on low carbs.

This wont change till I probably supercompensate with maybe 350g of carbs (not thats carb gr not the weight of food)...thats the # Im aware which is required to reglycogenise (???) the body

Good if a little techie.
    http://members.tripod.com/jpe_sports...mpensation.htm
    Interesting article. Sounds a tad like some of Lyle McDonald's recommendations in "Rapid Fat Loss" IIRC.

Are you going to use simple sugars as the article suggests? What kind of dosing schedule?

Damn 1200 cals per day seems so low for a big guy ... that diet's pretty much 200g of protein and the fat from one egg yolk unless the fish is oily. What fish are you including in your diet? Carbs from the sweet potato is maybe 30-50g
    At what stage n the diet do you plan to 'supercompensate'?

That DB benching is looking really strong so keeping the small amount of carbs in must be working
    As to when...probably not for a while....not while Im still losing and still strong.

Now want to get tight and really cut...when I reach that condition then probably do so regularly.

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Interesting article. Sounds a tad like some of Lyle McDonald's recommendations in "Rapid Fat Loss" IIRC.

Are you going to use simple sugars as the article suggests? What kind of dosing schedule?
    Yea...the carbs used are things like rice potato and keep the fats reasonably low.

As to how and how often...still gonna play that one by ear.

Simple plan.

Back tonight.

Discussed where we are going with my training partner and we decided to stop doing the interspersed metabolically challenging sets as I have cut up nicely and we want to back things off...go a bit heavier and then bring it back closer to comp to facilitate a good cut coming in and have it in reserve, as it were.

Assisted Wide Grip Pullups
    Using this machine and with the plates set on 7

4 sets x 15 reps with as full a range of motion which means a dead set bottom hang and a drive up to top position

Seated Lat Pulldown machine
    4 sets x 15 reps
    60kgs a side

One arm Dumbbell Rows
    4 sets x 8 reps
    Heavy
    Used 50ks.

Focus here is an action that goes sort of from the midline of your chest at the bottom to a position that is up PAST your chest but with the pull in a sort of diagonal line if you get what I mean. At the most contracted point your hand holding the db is away from you chest wall not immediately sliding past it as that would give you more and up and down straing t line of motion

Incline T-Bar Rows
    THis heres the beast
    We use the inner grip
    4 sets x 15 reps x 30ks

Finished off with Standing Straight arm pulldown

4 sets x 20 reps
    50ks

Simple plan.

Simple plan.

Back tonight.

Discussed where we are going with my training partner and we decided to stop doing the interspersed metabolically challenging sets as I have cut up nicely and we want to back things off...go a bit heavier and then bring it back closer to comp to facilitate a good cut coming in and have it in reserve, as it were.
    This sounds like a good idea ... you're already very lean and on minimal cals so going heavy sounds good. Is your training partner competing as well?

You've got a great selection of machines available .. I'd love that lat pulldown machine and I'd really like that chest supported T bar row. I can do T bars from the floor using a landmine but it's almost impossible (because of the leverages) not to use some hip drive. I've used that type of machine a few times before and they really focus the movement on the lats

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

This sounds like a good idea ... you're already very lean and on minimal cals so going heavy sounds good. Is your training partner competing as well?

You've got a great selection of machines available .. I'd love that lat pulldown machine and I'd really like that chest supported T bar row. I can do T bars from the floor using a landmine but it's almost impossible (because of the leverages) not to use some hip drive. I've used that type of machine a few times before and they really focus the movement on the lats
    2 of the guys are competing..one is20 and the other is 40.

What do you mean landmine...my imagination is running riot?

Finished bis and tris tonight

Triceps

Warmed up with 4 or 5 sets of skull crushers - just light mauinly warming up and loosening up for the ....

Weighted Dips
    The thing I focus on here is quite the narrow grip and an upright posture and a deep flex to the floor
    4 sets x 10-12 reps x 40kg on belt
    1: 12
    2: 12
    3: 11
    4: 11

Over to the Cable tower and I get a rope and tie a big know in it and do one arm tricep pushdown
    2 sets x 15kg x 12 reps

Then turn and do Overhead One Arm Tricep Extensions
    2 sets x 12 reps x 15kg

BURN has officially set in

Finish the tris off with Standing Tricep Pushdown but with a stirrup

This allows the hand to be palm down and this is different to the knotted rope as that has the palm facing the torso
    2 sets x 15kg x 12 reps

Bis

Seated Dumbbell Alternating Curls
    All sets to 15 reps
    Not a lotta rest between sets...maybe 60-70 sec
    1: 10kg
    2: 12.5kg
    3: 15kg
    4: 17.5kg
    5: 20kg....got to 12.

Finished off with Concentration Curls
    All sets to 12 reps
    Here I use a benach seated on end and let the db hank an position self so the it actually goes beyong the midfline of the thigh...this allows for a real deep strecth of the bi and the avsolutely best ROM I can muster.

The curling action is very strict...NO BODY MOVEMENT!!! and a S Q U E E Z E at the top
    1: 7.5kg
    2: 10kg
    3: 12.5kg
    4: 15kg

HIIT

5" warmup...cadence ~105-110
    7 x 30 sec on setting 15 on recumbent bike - flat out effort
    1:30 recovery with high cadence
    End with 3" winddown

Home for footy!

Simple plan.