kingdrew123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weightlifting Shoes Adipowers vs Romaleos

Hey everyone,

Recently just started looking into purchasing a pair of weightlifting shoes, I have done a bit of research into the matter and have narrowed things down to the Adipowers and Romaleos 2. Does anyone have any experience with either of the particular shoes? I live in Canada so I'd be looking at making a trip to the states to purchase a pair so ideally I'd love to get peoples opinions first.

Thanks

OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kingdrew123 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Recently just started looking into purchasing a pair of weightlifting shoes, I have done a bit of research into the matter and have narrowed things down to the Adipowers and Romaleos 2. Does anyone have any experience with either of the particular shoes? I live in Canada so I'd be looking at making a trip to the states to purchase a pair so ideally I'd love to get peoples opinions first.

Thanks
    I have owned both. I sold my Romaleos 2 to buy a pair of Adipowers and that is what I train in now. I didn't care for the romaleos at all. Too big and heavy -- they felt like clown shoes. Adipowers are the best shoe I've ever owned. At some point, I'll probably buy a second pair for when these wear out and they don't sell them anymore.

Here's a review that I put together if it helps...
    Other shoes + Nikes:
    http://board.crossfit.com/showpost.p...56&postcount=1

AdiPowers:
    http://board.crossfit.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=22

KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KGB81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bought the adidas power perfect II. They are a lower cost option in between the powerlifters and adipowers. Love em! Can't go back to squatting flat foot ever again, especially helps with my poor ankle mobility. I got them from the adidas canada website for like $80 after discounts. They were a closeout special i believe. Check em out!

Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KGB81 View Post
    I bought the adidas power perfect II. They are a lower cost option in between the powerlifters and adipowers. Love em! Can't go back to squatting flat foot ever again, especially helps with my poor ankle mobility. I got them from the adidas canada website for like $80 after discounts. They were a closeout special i believe. Check em out!

I also have these currently. They're decent.

I will however upgrade to adipowers in a month or so.

beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Adipower all the way. The Romaleos are heavy as hell and as OlyTrick put it, they feel like wearing space boot or something. This page http://wlshoes.com/new-inov-8-weight...ing-july-2013/ shoes the weight of all the current models of Oly shoes for comparison.
    Primal Nutritionist, Strength Coach, Iron Nerd.

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nike are sturdier but feel much heavier. Adidas more snug, narrower, flexible.

After having both I prefer Adidas
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/

Registered User JuggernautGeoff's Avatar
    JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nike is wider. i have them and really think there worth it

adidas is narrower.

there are sites that ship either to canada cheap and conveniently.
    sub to my youtube for more videos of me lifting heavy things : www.youtube.com/user/civilizedmurderer

best lifts(kg):
    back squat 250, front 200
    clean 179 pw clean 165
    snatch 140 pw snatch 122.5
    c&J 179 pw c&j 160

push press 155 strict press 120
    bench 175

best comp total 316

4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Adipowers, ordered them from adidas Canada, $160 ish shipped after discounts.

ronan0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I realize this is an older thread but, was hoping to get some recent feedback on those who have tried both the Adi's and Romaleos II. I've been trying to locate a pair Romaleos II but can't seem to find them anywhere. Maybe this is a good thing? I'm 5'11" 185 and are presently using the original Reebok lifters. In my opinion they are just ok but have suited me well for the past 18 months. These are the shoes in which I basically learned how to lift correctly in. I'm on the fence as to what shoes to buy next and unfortunately it's not like one can try them on at a store before purchasing. I have average feet or at least not very wide ones. I also have crazy high arches which is a disadvantage with my ankle stability. Ideally I would like a shoe that cups the heal, adds some arch support and has a stiffer sole for doing split-jerks. Like I said before I was leaning towards the Nikes but TBH most of the reviews are from folks who comment on their wide feet and mainly just tend to squat in them. How are the Romaleos for dynamic oly lifts?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ronan0 View Post
    I realize this is an older thread but, was hoping to get some recent feedback on those who have tried both the Adi's and Romaleos II. I've been trying to locate a pair Romaleos II but can't seem to find them anywhere. Maybe this is a good thing? I'm 5'11" 185 and are presently using the original Reebok lifters. In my opinion they are just ok but have suited me well for the past 18 months. These are the shoes in which I basically learned how to lift correctly in. I'm on the fence as to what shoes to buy next and unfortunately it's not like one can try them on at a store before purchasing. I have average feet or at least not very wide ones. I also have crazy high arches which is a disadvantage with my ankle stability. Ideally I would like a shoe that cups the heal, adds some arch support and has a stiffer sole for doing split-jerks. Like I said before I was leaning towards the Nikes but TBH most of the reviews are from folks who comment on their wide feet and mainly just tend to squat in them. How are the Romaleos for dynamic oly lifts?
    I have a Romaleo 1's, and I love them. They are very stable for all of the lifts. The forefoot was a little stiff when I first got them, but the new versions are supposed to be more flexible. I think the Nike's will be your best bet for your feet. I, too, have really high arches, along with slightly wider than normal feet (what's normal anyways?), and the Nike's fit me very well. I've had them for 3 years and they're still in extremely good condition. I can't say the same for people I know with the Adipowers.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

ronan0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I ended up picking up a pair of the Adipowers which were delivered yesterday. The choice was mainly based on the fact I was able to find them for $125 shipped versus the Nike Roms which normally sell for $160ish on Eastbay with their perpetual discounting. So far I love the Adipowers, lifted in them yesterday. I can only compare them to the Reebok 1st gen lifters I presently own but, can say the improvement over those is significant. Both in build quality and overall stability. The shoe does seem to run true in size and does have a smaller toe-box, which in my case does not seem to bother me. They did seem snug at first but, after training in them my feet felt great. One thing I did realize between the Rebooks which have a large toe-box is that the additional wiggle room seems to allow the ball of my foot float around more during dynamic lifts and pushes. For instance going from toe to heel during various presses. Maybe this is why the Romaleos have the front strap. There is significantly more arch support than the Rebooks which I think is due to the slimmer or less narrow design. All in all it was an upgrade from what I had before.

Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I watched a lot of romaleos vs adipower in youtube, seeing forums that talks about olympic shoes and most of them prefer adipowers..
    I got them a few weeks ago and I am loving it. Yes it's expensive but I always try to think to myself "buy nice, or buy twice"
    that's how I decided to buy them.
    I break a lot of PRs when I used them. feels good mane...