Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

i despair for the future of this industry sometimes

now... usually I try a diplomatic policy of "each to their own and as long as their clients are happy good luck to them" because really... there's any of a dozen ways you can train safely and effectively towards a strong healthy & attractive body.

but then I see a page with quotes such as:

If you using a personal trainer and they have you doing basic squats, lunges, crunches, the plank, or bench presses, they RUBBISH! Check out this photo, look from the ankle up, your body moves left to right twisting and rotating it doesn't just move in one direction!

This photo says it all and proves the point, you need to move on all three planes not just one! Sack your trainer and get one who knows what they talking about.
    photo was of an olympic sprinter, I think.

and then they have images like this to show how what they do is so much better than everyone else...

my jimmies got somewhat rustled.

you guys are all good trainers, what am I missing here?

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can't stress out over every bit of stupidity in the fitness industry, it's fcking endless.

SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    You can't stress out over every bit of stupidity in the fitness industry, it's fcking endless.
    good point.

it seems this is UK based and it's what the (self appointed, i guess?) "elite level advanced" pt educators are putting out there. like fkn jesus man, this **** needs to stop.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just from the grammar errors alone I'd discount that idiot.

Welcome to the world of an unregulated industry. All you can do is educate the people you encounter properly and hope that it spreads. First rule with my clients is that if you can't do the simple stuff, then you have no business doing anything more complicated, especially under load.

Funny how he's holding a dumbbell in his hand pushing it sideways but completely ignores the force trying to pull the dumbbell downwards. Small thing called gravity.

Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This. I would go mad if I put any effort into addressing the stupidity I see in my own gym, let alone the internet or the whole industry. I feel like the majority of people know bullsht like that from people who really know their stuff. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of drones out there, but I have seen plenty of people who would look at that picture and call b.s. Those are the ones I want as clients anyways.
    "There is no one right way, everyone is different"

-B.S. Pre-Med/Biology from CMU and ex-CMU Wide Receiver
    -NASM CPT, PES, CES
    -Current trainer of elite athletes
    -Future Elite BowHunter and certified Lungcutter

Official 1st Phorm Ambassador

https://coachmatt.1stphorm.com/

foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SerpentHearted View Post
    what am I missing here?
    The outfit, which posted this on FB, offers an app to watch short, on-demand video clips (each one allegedly costs $.99) demonstrating various exercises not personal training services. Although their choice of blog entries makes no sense to me, the photo above is part of an entry linking to a different outfit (an alleged “partner”) which sells training courses/certs for PTs. Browsing through the latter's site, I didn't run across any oddball photos like this one.

What you stumbled across is being shown out of context. Who knows the FB guy may have selected the pix simply because he thought it looked cool.

Originally Posted by foresail View Post
    The outfit, which posted this on FB, offers an app to watch short, on-demand video clips (each one allegedly costs $.99) demonstrating various exercises not personal training services. Although their choice of blog entries makes no sense to me, the photo above is part of an entry linking to a different outfit (an alleged “partner”) which sells training courses/certs for PTs. Browsing through the latter's site, I didn't run across any oddball photos like this one.

What you stumbled across is being shown out of context. Who knows the FB guy may have selected the pix simply because he thought it looked cool.
    that's some good detective work! I think you might be correct that this is just a software / marketing type guy taking **** and not a trainer or fitness education provider as I'd thought at first. That's another thing I've noticed though... software or marketing people telling trainers what should be in their programs, and making statements telling the public what makes a good or bad trainer.

Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Funny how he's holding a dumbbell in his hand pushing it sideways but completely ignores the force trying to pull the dumbbell downwards. Small thing called gravity.
    YES. SO much this.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Footballa_19 View Post
    This. I would go mad if I put any effort into addressing the stupidity I see in my own gym, let alone the internet or the whole industry.
    Today in the gym a woman approached me.
    "I just had surgery, the doctors said not to come to the gym, but 10 minutes on the treadmill will be alright, won't it?"
    "I don't know. I think you should do what the doctors tell you."
    "What do you mean you don't know? Surely ten minutes is okay."
    "I don't know what surgery you had, and I'm not a doctor."
    "What kind of a personal trainer are you if you can't even tell me if ten minutes on the treadmill is okay?"
    "I am ethically and legally obliged to tell you to follow your doctor's advice. Really it's up to you and your judgment, if you do it and hurt yourself you'll the one who has to live with the pain and injury. I'd follow the doctor's advice, the gym will still be here when you come back."
    She grunted and went off to the treadmill.

I don't know what operation she had, she needs to be de-bitched.

"I just had surgery, the doctors said not to come to the gym, but 10 minutes on the treadmill will be alright, won't it?"
    "What kind of a personal trainer are you if you can't even tell me if ten minutes on the treadmill is okay?"
    "I am ethically and legally obliged to tell you to follow your doctor's advice. Really it's up to you and your judgment, if you do it and hurt yourself you'll the one who has to live with the pain and injury. I'd follow the doctor's advice, the gym will still be here when you come back."

gawd these kinds of people.

gets advice / doesn't want to follow it / asks your advice / gets pissed off that your advice doesn't contradict the first advice. Probably will find a way to blame you when she gets hurt anyway.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    gawd these kinds of people.

gets advice / doesn't want to follow it / asks your advice / gets pissed off that your advice doesn't contradict the first advice. Probably will find a way to blame you when she gets hurt anyway.
    Yes. we always have to remember that there are not only stupid trainers, there are some really stupid clients. It seems like once a week we get a thread that says something to the effect of: "I haven't even finished my certification and I already have five people who want me to train them - what do I do?"

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

lol this made me laugh
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    she needs to be de-bitched.
    My motto for today

-NASM CPT, PES, CES

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    now... usually I try a diplomatic policy of "each to their own and as long as their clients are happy good luck to them" because really... there's any of a dozen ways you can train safely and effectively towards a strong healthy & attractive body.

but then I see a page with quotes such as:

photo was of an olympic sprinter, I think.

and then they have images like this to show how what they do is so much better than everyone else...

my jimmies got somewhat rustled.

you guys are all good trainers, what am I missing here?
    That actually is a legitimate exercise, but I cannot be used to replace the common movement patterns, just supplement them.
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Yes. we always have to remember that there are not only stupid trainers, there are some really stupid clients. It seems like once a week we get a thread that says something to the effect of: "I haven't even finished my certification and I already have five people who want me to train them - what do I do?"
    this and Kyle's post really sum it up for me. It is amazing.

And if I see one more Beachbody "coach" post something about how shakes are better than medicine I will also go postal.
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

Originally Posted by PeteratCastle View Post
    this and Kyle's post really sum it up for me. It is amazing.

And if I see one more Beachbody "coach" post something about how shakes are better than medicine I will also go postal.
    I have multiple clients on shakeology, claim it's the best thing they've ever tried, but have lost the edge in their training because of complacency now. I try my best to talk with them about it, but they keep rationalizing this 6$ a serving as the miracle shake. It makes me want to sparta kick a child.

-NASM CPT, PES, CES

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lol!
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.