dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Beginner Powerbuilding Program recommendations.

Hello everyone! First post at BB.com

First,a little about myself. I have been training for a little over a year. Fulked a little too hard, went from 150lbs to 200lbs. I used SS and an Upper/Lower 4 day split. My lifts were as follows:

Squat 95X5>>225X5 (low bar) 185X7 ( high bar)
    Deadlift 155X5>>335X4
    Press 45X3>>115X6
    Bench 105X5>>150X5

Then I cut down to 160 lbs at 12% bf (display pic). My upper body strength remained almost the same, deadlift was down by 10lbs, squat down by 30lbs. My current measurements are:

Legs: 22"
    Calves: 15"
    Arms: 13.5"
    Forearms: 12"
    Waist: 29"

Now am ready to take it to the next level. Have made great progress in figuring out my nutrition/macros. Now I need a solid program/routine for dem gainz

I tend to be a little OCD about programming, (am extremely intrested in advanced lifting techniques etc) but I am probably still a begninner, so I need a good solid program/routine where I can give my 110%. Am considering the following:

1. All pros a simple beginners routine.

2. Jim wendlers 5/3/1 Beginners version. (fullbody)

3. ICF 5X5

4. WB4SB

5. "Others" such as Max OT, HST and GST.

My goals are both hypertrophy and strength gains. I love heavy lifting (especially deadlifting), but want to gain maximum amount of muscle as well. My arms in particular, are very lagging (biceps).

All advice, input and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dittu View Post

All pros a simple beginners routine.

ICF 5X5

WB4SB
    I would recommend one of the above for now. ^
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1 and 3 would be my choices. 531 is to slow of a progression even with his beginner set up. Ws4sb is good but IMO geared towards high school athletes.
    OG

dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50) dittu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies.

I have decided to run All pros for 3 cycles (i.e 15 weeks). Will be starting a log and seeing how it goes.

bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i wouldnt call all pros a "powerbuilding" routine, there is no power/strength focused work in it..........

Originally Posted by bravo96 View Post
    i wouldnt call all pros a "powerbuilding" routine, there is no power/strength focused work in it..........
    That is true. However, I find my form goes to complete garbage at anything above 5 reps. So am doing some work in the higher rep ranges, before gradually transitioning to lower reps again (probably ICF 5X5).

Only problem is, no deadlifts in all pros Still, its just 15 weeks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bravo96 View Post
    I don't agree, it's based around getting stronger in compound lifts. If you increased your 12RM you still got stronger. Powerlifters do high reps early in their competition prep phase - look up Ed Coans routine as an example.

This goes back to people exaggerating the differences between strength and size routines - from a novices perspective, there is hardly any difference, rep range notwithstanding.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I don't agree, it's based around getting stronger in compound lifts. If you increased your 12RM you still got stronger. Powerlifters do high reps early in their competition prep phase - look up Ed Coans routine as an example.

This goes back to people exaggerating the differences between strength and size routines - from a novices perspective, there is hardly any difference, rep range notwithstanding.
    What little experience I have had with squatting also suggests the same. In SS, hitting 5s, I did 185X5 with horrible technique, rounded back (strong good morning ) and got stalled as well. I then started from 95, sets of 10, added 10lbs per week, and lo and behold, 225X5 easy in 3 months.

I guess as a beginner all you have to do is train hard...thats why noobs get gains from the silliest of routines.