whtsdadeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5 day workout question

Hey all. I'm just curious as to how many of you do the 5 day a week workout hitting each major body part once per week. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and not sure if I'm getting the same results as others who use it. For me I find 7 days is just to much time lapse between. After 7 days it is as if that muscle group is back to square one. That is it has the strength and size as if I didnt work out that muscle group in a year. Anyways I was just wondering and any input would be appreciated...

thanks,,,, shawn

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to do a 3 day split and when I went to 4 and 5 days splits, I actually was able to hit each muscle harder (I feel). When not on a PH or some androgen, 5-6 days is minimum for my recovery.
    But when I did a 2 or 3 day split, I felt that I could hit the same muscle groups more often (say after 2-3 days rest). I think that actually, I was not fully hitting each muscle as hard as it needed to be hit until I went to a 4-5 day split.

Intensity and Time Under Tension are the principles I follow.

For me any workout over 1hr to 1 and 20 mins. is to long.
    Most days now I lift for 35-45 mins. depending on the muscle.
    I superset and wait for nothing.

I originally went to a 4-5 day split to shorten my training time. I have a wife and two kids and work alot of hrs on my job. Now, I actually think my gains are better on a 4-5 day split.

Maybe your Intensity is to low.