Dannyboy5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Before and After

Here is how I started. 5"11 about 130, very skinny. This was taken feb 25, 2003.
    Attached Images

Here is me may 20th, this was the biggest ive ever been, i was about 167.
    Attached Images

another from may 20th (sorry for the image size)
    Attached Images

Here are some pics taken tonight. I shrunk quite because at the beginning of summer, I started going out and skipping lots of meals, and then i stopped making time for the gym. Just last week I started lifting regulary now ( so i took about 3 months off). I should be able to gain back to where i was in a couple weeks thanks to muscle memory, right?

I am 155 now btw, I havent lost beraly any strength however.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dannyboy5000; 08-05-2003 at 01:27 PM.

My max bench is 185, rep is about 140. Curls are done with 35's for 12 reps. I can do about 25 dips when im cold, roughly 25 pull ups when im cold. Squats are done at 215 x8.
    Attached Images

When I started about 8 months ago my bench rep was 115, curls were done with 25's, could do like 3 dips, 7 or 8 pull-ups, 160 pound squats.

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to really kill the forearms? Mine look like they belong to a 9 year old girl!
    Attached Images

last one guys
    Attached Images

PaulP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Lookin' great! One thing I noticed is that you might want to work on your traps. By the way what were your starting lifts?

ugh ya i guess i really need alot of work on traps. Better hit the shrugs.

Do you notice much difference from the beginning pics to my current ones?

Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carcharodon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Yes...

You have improved and you look much thicker in the chest in particular.

valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up looking good

keep up the hard work. good results
    Kemuel Valdes
    Exercise Physiologist & Photographer
    Miami FL
    www.valdesarthouse.com
    Kemuel@valdesarthouse.com

Keep balance in mind

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey DannyBoy5000!

You started off the same way I did, however you must be consistent if you want to see results. The "Off & On" Method of training and eating is like pushing a car up a hill. Once you stop pushing, it'll start to roll back on you.

Work hard at planning out your meals in advance (preferrably the day before). Make sure you eat good quality nutritious foods every 2 hours. This will maximize the amount of material your body has to rebuild and repair. Think of it this way. Building muscle is like building a house. What material you rather build with? Concrete or papier mache? It may sound corny, but are what you eat. You have gained weight and muscular density, so make sure you give yourself the materials your muscles need to rebuild. Don't just eat any old thing, because you'll be more prone to store junk foods as fat, and that will obscure any muscle you put on.

So, keep these 3 factors in mind when you're trying to put on muscle mass:

1. Consistent and intense weight training (to stimulate muscle growth).
    2. Good nutrition frequently throughout the day (to give your muscles the material they need to grow and repair).
    3. Sufficient rest between consecutive training sessions of the same muscle group, and 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per day (to provide your body with the time it needs to repair and grow).

If you're fanatical about those 3 things, you'll put on a good 10-20 lbs. of muscle within the next year or so. If you leave any of those out... you hinder your ability to put on muscle significantly.

Ok... I hope this helps. You're making progress, so stick with it. Don't get discouraged. The road's hard sometimes, but that's part of the fun in changing your physique. It's the one thing that everyone has the power to do, but very few have the will to do.

Peace!

- Skip "I do today what others won't, so that I can do tomorrow what other's can't."
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

bbins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dannyboy5000

Great progress I like to see people who where the same build I was when I began. I too was 130lbs around janurary time and I had hardly ever lifted a weight. I started training in febuary but I was very un-educated and didnt really have a clue. After reading alot of articles and posts on here I am now on the right track

Ive put about 14lbs on since feb and thats without eating the right foods and training as intence as I should have been, I am eager to see where I will be by christmas time. Im hoping for 160-170lbs

Abdominator; ive read alot of your posts and articles and must say you have helped me get motivated many many times. Your quite an inspiration

Ben

Thanks for the positive comments guys! It feels good coming from you skip.. btw how many years have you been lifting?

And, do you think it would be possable to gain 10 pounds of muscle back in 1 month via muscle memory? Of course I would be going the whole nine yards, starting creatine again etc... going to the gym, eating like a mofo...