vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I love my truck. HOWEVER.

I was recently in an automobile accident. To save you all much worry, I will say that nobody was injured. And here are some more facts:
    -Other Guy was cited by Police Officer as being at fault, and paid citation without dispute.
    -Other Guy told his insurance company, "hellz no, I wasn't at fault!"
    -Other Guy's insurance company thinks he has a case.
    -Other Guy's insurance company requests the moneys from MY insurance company.
    -My insurance company says "you crazy."
    -I have only no fault/liability insurance. No collision coverage. This means I am liable for my own damages, but not liable for Other Guy's.

Damages to my own truck - a beautiful blue Dodge Dakota, whom I love dearly - are EXACTLY what the blue book value is (for the sake of preserving the Dakota's dignity, I will not tell you her total value).

QUESTION. I could either buy a cheap-ass vehicle with an uncertain past, OR pay damages on my beloved Dakota. With the latter, at least I know what I'm getting, even if she is...sigh...past her prime. With the former, it's questionable the value I'd get from the vehicle.

Oh, and I have cruddy credit. A loan, or financing, or even a co-signer, are all out of the question. We're talking hard cash only now.

Watchyoo think.

Yet a fluffy MarshMallow Ma110W's Avatar
    Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    After my car was wrecked, it was never the same. It got repaired, but it didn't drive the same. It was also a dodge. Can you not get the police report from the accident and send it in to both your and his insurance company?

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like it's time to get a lawyer. Other Guy's insurance will probably settle out of court if all is as you say (ie you have police evidence on your side).

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very sorry OP. What kind of damages were suffered? Are we talking mainly extensive body damage or is something now mechanically fukked up on it as well? Once had a city snowplow/salt truck back over part of the front end of my brand new car, raged hard. Was a huge HUGE pain in the ass, months of hassle, but thankfully it didn't tear up anything under the hood, cost like $4k to fix, looked perfect after the shop fixed it and still have car to this day srs.

Own a bunch of commercial trucks too that get slammed into all the time by uninsured jackasses. Those incidents have taken anywhere from months to 2 yrs to completely resolve. At least this guy you're dealing with has insurance. It's usually pretty straight forward with the insurance if he got cited and you didn't, your co should be fighting that one.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pics? Hubs does collision so curious.

If it doesnt run I'd prolly get something else. You can always buy it back if its totaled too. If he was cited and not you I wouldn't be too worried. Keep ur mouth shut and stick to original story u should be good. They just tryna poke u.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P4RIAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm missing something here. If the other guys is at fault, then you have nothing to worry about, his insurance policy will cover the cost of repairs for your vehicle. If he/his insurance company is disputing who is at fault and your insurance company & the police are siding with you, then your insurance company should be going to bat for you in court.

*edit* oh are you saying your vehicle is written off and you're getting paid the value of the vehicle? Repair costs can quickly balloon way above the original estimate. Not sure the amount you'll be getting, but I'd look at vehicles a few years old ( ex. 1-3) and see what sort of deals you can get on those. You should be able to pick a reasonably priced vehicle that you don't have to worry about major work on for a little while. Maintenance receipts are key.
    4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul

vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vVanTine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by P4RIAH View Post
    I'm missing something here. If the other guys is at fault, then you have nothing to worry about, his insurance policy will cover the cost of repairs for your vehicle. If he/his insurance company is disputing who is at fault and your insurance company & the police are siding with you, then your insurance company should be going to bat for you in court.

*edit* oh are you saying your vehicle is written off and you're getting paid the value of the vehicle? Repair costs can quickly balloon way above the original estimate. Not sure the amount you'll be getting, but I'd look at vehicles a few years old ( ex. 1-3) and see what sort of deals you can get on those. You should be able to pick a reasonably priced vehicle that you don't have to worry about major work on for a little while. Maintenance receipts are key.
    I'm getting paid nothing...his insurance policy is refusing to pay damages on my vehicle. The last-ditch hope I have is for the case to go into arbitration, meaning a 3rd-party insurance company will look at the evidence and make a final decision (which is what I'm hoping for), but my insurance rep told me, best case scenario, six months before I found out. And I'm moving in four weeks, so I havta do something now.

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Sounds like it's time to get a lawyer. Other Guy's insurance will probably settle out of court if all is as you say (ie you have police evidence on your side).
    I contacted CG Legal, but they apparently only work weekends...they sent the other insurance company a letter informing them I have retained legal representation. But again, even if it only goes to small claims court, I would have to buy plane tickets from Seattle to Louisiana (where the accident happened) to appear in court, plus the cost of a lawyer, which is pretty much out of the question, esp. if the decision happens to not be in my favor.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Very sorry OP. What kind of damages were suffered? Are we talking mainly extensive body damage or is something now mechanically fukked up on it as well? Once had a city snowplow/salt truck back over part of the front end of my brand new car, raged hard. Was a huge HUGE pain in the ass, months of hassle, but thankfully it didn't tear up anything under the hood, cost like $4k to fix, looked perfect after the shop fixed it and still have car to this day srs.

Own a bunch of commercial trucks too that get slammed into all the time by uninsured jackasses. Those incidents have taken anywhere from months to 2 yrs to completely resolve. At least this guy you're dealing with has insurance. It's usually pretty straight forward with the insurance if he got cited and you didn't, your co should be fighting that one.
    My CO walked buy after the accident...he told me if I had simply walked home, like he does, it wouldn't have happened, hahaha, THANKS Captain. But my Chief has been trying to help me and give suggestions. There's not much they can do outside of point me in the right direction for legal help.

I dunno what "extensive" would be, but the front bumper's all smushed, the radiator's cracked in a couple of places, and there is some minor frame damage.

Also, I am willing to wait the months (or maybe years? yikes!) to be reimbursed...but I need something to drive me 'round the country in the next month, to transport self, dog, potted plants, and sundry other items.

Originally Posted by Ma110W View Post
    After my car was wrecked, it was never the same. It got repaired, but it didn't drive the same. It was also a dodge. Can you not get the police report from the accident and send it in to both your and his insurance company?
    I have done this...that's why it's so baffling...the police officer says in the report that he heard the accident happen, looked up, and saw the result of it...then there's a little diagram drawn showing the points of impact, stating who was at fault. I srsly don't undastand.

I realized I included too many facts in my original post (facts, how I lub them) and they clouded my main question...I just get a teensy bit fired up over this issue .

The MAIN question is...if you were in my shoes, would you bite the bullet and pay for repairs, or simply buy another low-dollar vehicle? I see two opposite replies here...am leaning towards just forking out my dollars...just wanted to see if I could tilt the balance one way or t'other. Family/friends support my leanings, but don't offer valuable critiques. Maybe that's my sign to go opposite!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I worked in insurance claims for years. What happened in the accident? What was the guy cited for/what was exact violation? If it's clear cut accident and he's 100% at fault (example rear end collision) his insurance company has to pay it by law. They look at the police report, damage to both vehicles, go back to fully investigate exactly where the accident happened, take pics of the roads, stop signs, traffic lights, etc...

If it ends up going to arbitration, it's because it's not a clear cut and they're trying to determine who's more at fault.

That sucks, the good thing is no one was hurt.

Good luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vVanTine View Post
    the front bumper's all smushed, the radiator's cracked in a couple of places, and there is some minor frame damage.
    If that was a vehicle of mine that I was really attached to I'd get it fixed. Hopefully the insurance co will sort this out asap so you can make a move either way.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I worked in insurance claims for years. What happened in the accident? What was the guy cited for/what was exact violation? If it's clear cut accident and he's 100% at fault (example rear end collision) his insurance company has to pay it by law. They look at the police report, damage to both vehicles, go back to fully investigate exactly where the accident happened, take pics of the roads, stop signs, traffic lights, etc...

If it ends up going to arbitration, it's because it's not a clear cut and they're trying to determine who's more at fault.

That sucks, the good thing is no one was hurt.

Good luck.
    The police report says "vehicle one was put at fault due to turning in front of vehicle two. The crash occurred on vehicle one side of roadway, putting vehicle two in the right." he was aimed north, turning west. I was aimed south, continuing south, at a two-way intersection.

The points of contention are, who stopped first, and where in the roadway the accident occurred. The first point is he said/she said. The second point is on a diagram on the police report, showing I had control of the intersection when Other Driver crashed into my driver's side front bumper. He can't have even seen me, I was already 3/4 through the intersection when this happened, he must have been looking in the opposite direction. Unfortunately, as soon as I realized I'd been hit, I backed my truck to safety out of the intersection. The diagram was therefore constructed from the police officer's memory...but he was present during the crash. The report says he heard a noise,looked up, and saw a crash had happened.

My ins. co. says they see this kind of pettiness from small ins. cos, but it's rare to see it in this guy's co., which is one of the big popular ones...like a good neighbor...anyway, i'm definitely being given the run-around. Every time they brought up some new obstacle, I would say, oh, I have evidence for that, only to find that the next time I called, it was for some new reason that I was now being denied. My own ins. co. told me they got the same treatment when they conducted their own investigation.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    If that was a vehicle of mine that I was really attached to I'd get it fixed. Hopefully the insurance co will sort this out asap so you can make a move either way.
    Hooray! I ended up telling the body shop today to do what they needed to make her purdy again. CG is providing an interest-free loan to pay damages (this is not coming out of your tax dollars, btw, the funds are from CG-member donations!).

Sigh. Now I've been subpoenad to appear as a witness in the matter of so-and-so, improper turning. He is being charged by the city, so I suppose this means he is fighting his citation after all. Maybe if the judge still finds him at fault it will work in my favor with his insurance company.

I'm mostly just griping now. The trial is one day before I leave this town forever...getting it in just under the wire, eh?