AndrewWaite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Super CONFUSED...Need some suggestions about where to go program wise

So since Jan 4th I have been on a major cut and have lost 40lbs which is great because it's taken me from 330lbs down to 290lbs. This is all good news and I'm on the path to the body I want again. My issue is that I have been doing this all through a strict caloric def (weighing everything, basically no cheat meals etc.), and lots of heavy lifting (no cardio, as I don't want to drop muscle mass in the process.) My issue is that for the amount of time and weight I'm throwing around, I'm pleased but not satisfied with my muscle gain results. I have see some noticeable improvements from the process of dropping weight and gaining muscle (veins visible in pecs, forearms etc.) but I want to pack on more muscle both for appearance and calorie burning purposes. I also have seen an crazy improvement in strength gain with no supplementation (other then whey), for example going from 40lbs in each hand during dumbbell chest press to 100lbs now. I understand the basics of nutrition so I know that I'm not gonna pack on serious mass if I'm eating at deficit, even if I'm eating 250-300g of protein a day so my question is do you think that I should do a clean bulk for a month at 10% over maintenance and then go back to a cut again OR do you think that's gonna harm my current weight loss results too much?

Basically I'm hitting the gym up 4-5 days a week for an hour of heavy training each session. Below is attached a pic of what I'm currently working with. (I'm you're wondering why I don't look a lot fatter for 290 it's because I'm 6"5)

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
    Attached Images

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Adding muscle will make very little difference in daily calorie burn. Don't think about that any more.

Nobody can clarify your goals for you. If you want to gain muscle get in a surplus of calories and use a proven progression like starting strength, Madcow's, wendler's 5-3-1.

I would diet off another 50-70 pounds first and then worry about gains were I in your shoes. Your going to gain fat too in a surplus no matter how perfect you plan or execute it. But again, we are into individual goals.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For lifting routines I like 3x5 or 5x5s. Seeing really good results with my SS 3x5 at the moment. Obviously if you're trying to cut down don't do the food portion of Starting Strength. As for cardio, I would incorporate it. I don't think it could be harmful, but I could be mistaken.