caligirl4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Laser Hair Removal

First, I'm new to this site, hello to you all!

Being a bikini competitor the need for hair removal, especially the "extended bikini line" has grown to a new level.
    I´m looking into Laser now, anyone with experience to share?

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by caligirl4 View Post

Being a bikini competitor the need for hair removal, especially the "extended bikini line" has grown to a new level.
    Love love LOVE laser. I did full Brazilian a couple times to reduce the amount of hair and then bikini line about 10 times. I have almost no hair there now, maybe a few very light, soft ones.
    I also did my upper lip, probably 15 times and now only have a few hairs. I get them zapped twice a year. The place I go to, any session after 8 on your face is free for life. New hair can grow though, which is why I have to go back a few times a year for my face.
    Its not too painful, feels like a warm rubber band snapping on your skin. It's over really fast

flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Laser hair removal is becoming more and more popular, with treatments becoming more effective, and prices becoming extremely affordable. I'd definitely recommend it, especially for those with lighter skin/darker hair, as that is the ideal group for receiving these treatments. The "pain" you experience is worth being hairless for weeks at a time (and eventually months at a time). More affordable than waxing, and lasts longer.

Just make sure you stay out of the sun two weeks before/after your treatments to avoid hyperpigmentation. If you're the type who sunbathes / goes fake-baking, it's not for you. You can have permanent skin damage/scarring.

Ideal situation is to do it during the months of winter when you have the least sun exposure, and your skin is the lightest.

snooj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't recommend it enough. I'm getting it now on my legs. I can't say anything about price because I get it through my dermatology office since I have a skin condition (my skin hates hair and my legs are covered in scars because of it, so that's why I'm actually doing the hair removal) so it's a million times more expensive than any other place. I started with really thick, dark hair, and after five sessions there's a huge improvement. I still need to shave, but not daily. I only get it once every two months, but I've seen people do it way faster than that.

Is there anything specific you want to know?

MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsBru will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm interested! Another question, do the hair folicles still get infected with laser? On occassion when I shave I get like zits in my bikini line. Just one or two occasionally, but they are a major pain when I get them. Wondering if laser would help this?

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrsBru View Post
    I'm interested! Another question, do the hair folicles still get infected with laser? On occassion when I shave I get like zits in my bikini line. Just one or two occasionally, but they are a major pain when I get them. Wondering if laser would help this?
    You're probably talking about ingrown hairs, but there is something called folliculitis (I might have spelled that wrong), which is a skin infection. Look it up.
    If its just ingrown hairs that you're getting, yes laser will help that cuz it thins out the hair, and for me, it's made the hair I have left softer so way less ingrowns. I get maybe 1 or 2 a year when I wax now. But you have to be diligent about exfoliating after laser cuz the "dead" hair needs to get pushed out which can sometimes cause ingrowns. They sell this awesome clay stuff at Whole Foods, you use it as a mask, it helps extract ingrowns and bacteria. It's great for after a laser session.

snooj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If they're zits as a result of shaving, make sure you're using a clean razor and shaving after exfoliating. That's not to say your razor is exceptionally dirty or anything, but if you're sensitive to that sort of thing you may want to try disposable razors so it's never reused. If it's folliculitis, ie inflamed hair follicles (that's what I have, but mine's severe and causes scarring up the wazoo), yes laser is absolutely amazing. Laser kills the hair follicle, and without that, there's no hair follicle to inflame the skin. There's also no chance of ingrown hairs since there's, well, no hair. Even with small amounts of hair left, it's great. I still have to shave, but I can do so now without any real worry.

FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Welcome!

I definitely see your needs
    I can only give you the best recommendations for Laser! It's great as long as you're a good candidate, works better on dark hair. I had laser some years ago, and I have almost no hair growth on the treated areas. I go in for a follow up appx once a year.

FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureLinda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After a completed Laser treatment, you won't have issues like this
    What you describe seem like an irritation or infection after shaving.

mix2d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    They sell this awesome clay stuff at Whole Foods, you use it as a mask, it helps extract ingrowns and bacteria. It's great for after a laser session.
    Are you referring to Bentonite clay?

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bought one of the Gilette Naked Skin home IPL systems, havent tried it yet. Anyone else use it?

LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLululemon is not very well liked. (-100)
    I've had my armpits and forearms lasered. The armpits didn't hurt at all. My forearms hurt really bad and I want to get the full Brazilian laser, but I don't think I can deal with the pain.

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I have a lot of clients that have done the laser hair removal and swear by it! The only down side I have heard is depending on your skin tone you have to be very careful.... If not done properly it can distort your skin pigmentation.
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anna2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi.For better results shave 24 hours prior to your treatment.Avoid natural of fake tan before and during your treatment.

Sarah537 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hair Removal Cream - stopgrow.com/ct/99781
    This product has really helped in my fight against hair!

icequeen33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) icequeen33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) icequeen33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) icequeen33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) icequeen33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) icequeen33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I love, love hair laser removal I got my chin & upper lip done only 5 sessions 5 yrs ago & still no hair, I'm actually getting my underarms & legs done on the 21st. Can't wait!

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Had laser done on my lower legs almost 10 years ago, they still haven't grown back

My only thing was that I got scorched, and had scars on my leg. After all these years the scars are gone, but beware, it can happen.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

ClinicDermatech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Dear,

I am new user for this site...
    How're all....???

KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think I'm the only one who got it done and the hair grew back lol. After researching I read that electrolysis is better and more permanent whereas laser hair removal is not permanent and requires you to keep going back
    Everything you've ever wanted, is on the other side of fear.

PR:
    Squat 205
    Bench 130
    Deadlift 245

Registered User karengoesbikini's Avatar
    karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KDelRio View Post
    I think I'm the only one who got it done and the hair grew back lol. After researching I read that electrolysis is better and more permanent whereas laser hair removal is not permanent and requires you to keep going back
    I don't think electrolysis is any more permanent than laser.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had laser done years ago. Make sure you have no tan. I have light brown hair, and mine is starting to thinken back in gradually over a decade later. I also see scars at the follicle. They are not usually visible but sometimes are pinker than the surrounding skin after a hot shower, or even just a hot day.

I think an electric buzzer is plenty good enough costmetically and that humans worry too much about short hairs. Jungles are bad though. 1/4" is fine. If I had to do over, I might just buzz it each week.

When I see a woman with 1/4" hairs, I feel happy that I'm close enough to see that detail. I don't think the hairs are unattractive, rather the opposite. Hairless is nice too but makes everyone look the same.