angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Arrow Jamba Juice and Sugar

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if drinking Jamba Juice smoothies were not good for someone who is trying to lose body fat. I have searched the forums but have found nothing specific to what I want to know. I know people say it's loaded with sugar but isn't it natural sugar? At least, when I asked the employee if they added sugar to the natural fruit, they said they don't add sugar to anything. Also, I thought that the sugar from fruits is harmless since it's natural. Just an FYI: I drink the Apples n' Greens Smoothie; It's what I get all the time.

Calories 220
    Total Fat 1g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 115mg 5%
    Total Carbohydrates 50g 17%
    Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
    Sugar 40g
    Protein 5g
    Vitamin A 240%
    Calcium 15%
    Vitamin C 90%
    Iron 25%

A Blend Of
    Green Vegetable Juice Blend (Carrots, Spinach, Bell Pepper, Kale, Spirulina, Lettuce), Peaches, Mangos, Bananas, Ice
    Dietary Information
    Non-Gluten, Non-Dairy, Vegan

I am new to this forum and website. I've been reading a lot of stickies but I am so confused. I just need a little guidance here and there. Also, my lifestyle is sedentary (I work at a desk job all day), I go to the gym at least 3x/wk. I do lots of cardio and also do the machines for about 3 sets with 10 reps each. I'm 26 and F. I'm also starting to "eat clean". I started juicing and now eat natural things as opposed to before. I've been eating better for about 3 months but only got really strict starting last week. I've lost about 5 lbs total I think, since I started. I used to eat fast food every single day and drink at least 1 soda can a day. I'm hoping that helps. Thanks in advance.

jl2237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whether the sugar is natural or processed/added is irrelevant. Sugar (any form of carbohydrates for that matter) won't make you fat. Caloric surplus will.

Also, there are the "eat clean" and if it fits your macros (IIFYM) schools of thought, the latter of which I (personally) favor. Don't stress over any one macronutrient; at the end of the day, it comes down to calories.

angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jl2237 View Post
    Whether the sugar is natural or processed/added is irrelevant. Sugar (any form of carbohydrates for that matter) won't make you fat. Caloric surplus will.

Also, there are the "eat clean" and if it fits your macros (IIFYM) schools of thought, the latter of which I (personally) favor. Don't stress over any one macronutrient; at the end of the day, it comes down to calories.
    After some googling, I finally understand the whole message, lol. Sorry, I'm so noobie. Thanks for your help.

katdav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Angel...first of all good for you for getting away from fast food and soda's. That food 'will kill ya! Now it is a matter of educating your self about what really is healthy. IE...juice is not! That is why in the olden days, juice glasses were small. They have a ton of calories (don't be fooled by the '0 fat'). Eating the actual fruit is WAAAY better for you. Real food, chicken veggies, healthy fats, vegetables, whole grains...read up on that. Losing weight is all about a calorie deficit.

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Juice won't hurt you, but a big input of sugar (in juice or fruit or chocolate bar form) can make you have more blood sugar ups and downs. That smoothie will not be your make or break for weight loss if it fits into your calorie intake for the day. Depending on how you are doing otherwise (overly hungry, not hungry, whatever) you might want to eat those calories in other foods for volume (ie veggies or lean meat or dairy). If you love it, try to make it work.

For those 220cal you can eat a decent portion of chicken, fish, or cottage cheese, an insane amount of cucumber, two slices of low carb toast w peanut butter, etc etc. If you are feeling satisfied and your calories allow it, have the smoothie. If you're feeling hungry and cranky, eat something that will stick with you longer. I find myself in the IIFYM category, but wind up eating mostly "clean" foods as they tend to be less calorie dense overall meaning I get more food volume per day if I don't eat things like burgers.