mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)

Mrs. H's Pregnancy Journal

This is my attempt at yet another journal. I'm starting this journal in hopes to keep track of what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, and get some feedback on all of it since this is my second pregnancy but first one that I'm actually going to try and keep an exercise routine going. I didn't do that last time and was pretty miserable at the very end, gained 40 lbs onto my already overweight (by 30 lbs) frame.

I haven't had my first prenatal check-up or ultrasound yet, but by the calculators, I'm about 6 weeks right now. Nausea comes and goes. Last time it was awful. I never actually threw up, but the nausea was rough and pretty much constant through the whole 1st trimester. Family doesn't know yet...most friends around here don't know. I'm trying to hold out until my friend finishes making the necklaces for our mothers that we're going to use to announce the little one coming

April 30, Legs
    Back Squats: 90x10, 110x10, 120x10...these were relatively easy to finish, certainly not my max, but I'm not sure I'd increase the weight like this next time.
    Seated Leg Curl: 40kg for 3x12
    Extensions: 35kg for 3x12
    Bench Step-ups with 10lb DB: 12x3...not sure if I'll continue these or not, I've got to get a batter for my heart rate monitor, but it was definitely up there

Crunches on stability ball...not sure what ab work I can do, if any, but I'm used to doing hanging crunches.

May 1, Chest and Shoulders
    (I usually do bench, but am going to stick to machines for the pregnancy)
    Pec Deck: 20kg for 3x12
    Chest Press: 20kg for 3x12

Shoulders (still pretty weak)
    Raises: 8lb db's for 3x12
    Seated Press: 8lb for 3x12
    Seated Bent-over deltoid raise 8lb for 3x12...will probably not continue these, I'm only bloated at this time, but they were not comfortable on my stomach and I know that will only get worse.
    Lateral Raise: 5lb for 3x12

Walked for 2 miles at a moderate pace with a slight incline. Gonna do lots of walking. I waiting until the last month to do that last time, Oy!lol

A couple of pics of starting point. I'm wondering how quickly I'll start showing this time, I am feeling pretty bloated at this point!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mrshester; 05-02-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bump!

Wishing u well on this journey. You will be the sexiest prego around!
    Think it's great you're going to stick with your lifting.

Have an awesome weekend!

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subbed!! I showed earlier the 2nd time around... everything is pre-stretched. LOL.

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Bump!

Wishing u well on this journey. You will be the sexiest prego around!
    Think it's great you're going to stick with your lifting.

Have an awesome weekend!
    Thank you, WEGS! I'm going for trying to keep most of it IN the belly area!LOL

Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    Subbed!! I showed earlier the 2nd time around... everything is pre-stretched. LOL.
    I think I'm going to as well...maybe I won't just look FAT for 7 months, LOL. I can definitely already feel that firmness where my uterus is and a little more roundness below my belly button where it was just skin before. I pulled out my big box of maternity clothes a little while ago...I'm getting excited!! even though I can't wear most of it yet, LOL
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

May 3 Back/Bis

Wide grip pulldown: 80lbs for 3x12
    Vbar pulldown: 80lb for 2x12, 70 lbx12
    DB rows: 15lbs for 3x12
    Bicep curls: 15lb for3x12

Was pressed for time, so it was a hurry up and get done sort of deal Friday.

I am also in a constant state of tiredness...ah, that blessed baby-growing fatigue

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey there mrhester!

I just wanted to stop by and drop some encouragement. Working out while pregnant was one of the best decisions that I made. At one point last year there were three of us in the journaling section pregnant and training, which was nice knowing there where other woman out there doing the same thing. Right now there is another soon to be mother marathonmom, she drops in time to time and should start up training soon if all goes well

I remember feeling like I looked chubby and not pregnant for several months lol. People looked like they wanted to say something but didn't since they couldn't decide if I was pregnant or not.

Congrats on your second little one and I hope all goes well
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Hey there mrhester!

I just wanted to stop by and drop some encouragement. Working out while pregnant was one of the best decisions that I made. At one point last year there were three of us in the journaling section pregnant and training, which was nice knowing there where other woman out there doing the same thing. Right now there is another soon to be mother marathonmom, she drops in time to time and should start up training soon if all goes well

I remember feeling like I looked chubby and not pregnant for several months lol. People looked like they wanted to say something but didn't since they couldn't decide if I was pregnant or not.

Congrats on your second little one and I hope all goes well
    Thank you! I think I'm gonna have to drop the weight I'm lifting some. I'm not sure if it's just the tiredness I'm feeling right now, but Friday was kinda hard to get through!lol Now I can't decide if I want to get a shower or take a nap when little man goes down for his...ugh, lol.

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mrshester View Post
    Thank you! I think I'm gonna have to drop the weight I'm lifting some. I'm not sure if it's just the tiredness I'm feeling right now, but Friday was kinda hard to get through!lol Now I can't decide if I want to get a shower or take a nap when little man goes down for his...ugh, lol.
    The first trimester I was lifting about the same weight, second knocked me on my bum and I lowered and started wedding out some of the compounds, by the third I was on machines only due to how wobbly my joints felt. At seven and a half months I stopped formal weight training and did 15 minute workouts with a 15lb body bar because the workouts I was doing before took too much outta me. I continued with the body bar and did some cardio, walked and stretched for the last month and a half. The biggest piece of advice I can give: listen to your body, if it feels like you need to stop or lower weight, do it.

The first trimester I was lifting about the same weight, second knocked me on my bum and I lowered and started wedding out some of the compounds, by the third I was on machines only due to how wobbly my joints felt. At seven and a half months I stopped formal weight training and did 15 minute workouts with a 15lb body bar because the workouts I was doing before took too much outta me. I continued with the body bar and did some cardio, walked and stretched for the last month and a half. The biggest piece of advice I can give: listen to your body, if it feels like you need to stop or lower weight, do it.
    Good advice, Echo, thank you!

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I was always tired those first few months too

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    C'mon, you're not a newbie. Embed.

Looking good.

I can never remember how to imbed!!lol Plus, those are right after a workout...I was scary looking! I didn't wanna run everyone off, LOL

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

May 7th, Legs

Back squats 90lbs 12x3
    Ham curls 40kg 12x3
    Extensions 35kg 12x3
    Bench step-ups w/10lb DB's...I think I may stick with these instead of discontinuing them like I was thinking of doing before. They weren't so hard when I went down to 10 lbs and it'll give me a little bit of cardio, so long as I can keep my balance I will probably not do them when I actually start rocking the big ol' baby belly.

Walked for about 10 minutes while hubs finished up his routine. Gonna have to get to walking more, I was already showing a little puffiness where my ankle meets the sock.

Still haven't told our parents yet, I finally got the "announcement" necklaces yesterday They're beautiful! My friend makes hand-stamped jewelry, among many other things. I had her make a charm necklace for our moms with a charm with their respective monickers. There are heart-shaped charms with each grandchild's first initial stamped and a colored bead of the corresponding birthstone next to it. This will be number 4 grandchild for my mom, so my two nephews and their birthstone and my son's initial and birthstone. The announcement charm has 2 tiny footprints stamped on it and the stone color for the month we "think" littlest Hester will make their debut. I am so stinking excited to give them to our moms!!

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    subbed to cheer you on!

announcement necklaces sound like such a nice idea...they'll love that I'm sure
    My powerlifting journal:
    Adaptation ~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169905603

Originally Posted by kaleida View Post
    subbed to cheer you on!

announcement necklaces sound like such a nice idea...they'll love that I'm sure
    Thanks!!

I think I'm gonna go with weights every other day instead of back to back like I try to do most of the time. I was so tired yesterday!

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

All parents are now aware of little Hester's making himself comfy in my belly Even took a pic of a little biscuit in the oven and shared on ********...s'posed to be a bun but I has no buns, lol. I'm horrible at keeping secrets, so this is a big relief for me! Moms loved their necklaces

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like a big relief!
    I'm horrible at keeping secrets too....lol
    My powerlifting journal:

I would do a full body three times a week or maybe a push. pull, legs split. Having the rest time between is a good idea, after the first trimester I would sometimes only have the energy for two full body workouts and a couple cardio sessions a week.

Those necklaces sound awesome and very thoughtful Glad the grandmothers enjoyed them.

Happy Mothers Day! I hope your day was great

Originally Posted by kaleida View Post
    Sounds like a big relief!
    I'm horrible at keeping secrets too....lol
    It was!lol

I would do a full body three times a week or maybe a push. pull, legs split. Having the rest time between is a good idea, after the first trimester I would sometimes only have the energy for two full body workouts and a couple cardio sessions a week.

Those necklaces sound awesome and very thoughtful Glad the grandmothers enjoyed them.

Happy Mothers Day! I hope your day was great
    Thank you, and yours too!

That's kinda what I have going right now, Legs/Push/Pull days. I barely got through legs yesterday, but it is basically the same as I have been doing. We had to head into the "big city" yesterday to see about our tax return that has taken 2 months to get back to us, and me riding in the car and a sunny day like it was yesterday for some reason always take it out of me. But we found out what we needed to know and it is FINALLY on it's way back to us. Ugh.

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

So, what do you do when you're nauseous almost all the time, and nothing appeals to you? Like, I typically love eggs and various other healthier foods, but to even think about eating them, or smell them, makes me seriously sick to my stomach. HOWEVER...those creamy, fattier foods that I try to limit myself when I'm not pregnant (because I can eat the hades out of them and be 500lb in no time) are really appealing to me. I know our bodies will have us crave things we might need more of, but I'm not sure if that's this situation or if I'm just going into fatty mode?? And diet dr.pepper. Shouldn't have it, but I want it!!

Ugh!!!!

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

Originally Posted by mrshester View Post
    So, what do you do when you're nauseous almost all the time, and nothing appeals to you? Like, I typically love eggs and various other healthier foods, but to even think about eating them, or smell them, makes me seriously sick to my stomach. HOWEVER...those creamy, fattier foods that I try to limit myself when I'm not pregnant (because I can eat the hades out of them and be 500lb in no time) are really appealing to me. I know our bodies will have us crave things we might need more of, but I'm not sure if that's this situation or if I'm just going into fatty mode?? And diet dr.pepper. Shouldn't have it, but I want it!!

Ugh!!!!
    I completely understand mrshester! I remember wanting rare steak, sushi and wine all the time. I was lucky with only having a total of four days of morning sickness, so I could eat whatever as long as it was safe. I did a lot of reading on pregnancy nutrition and found so much conflicting info.

If you are nauseated and can't eat "healthy" food eat what your body will allow, just try to keep it in moderation I had a few times where all I really ate for the day where carbs, bagels, crackers, pasta and I had to keep a supply of Coke on hand. I'm not a huge fan of artificial sweetners but from what I read its ok in moderation and the caffeine it contains is like 35mgs not that much. Now if you have medical conditions that restrict you then totally go with dr/midwife recommendations.

I completely understand mrshester! I remember wanting rare steak, sushi and wine all the time. I was lucky with only having a total of four days of morning sickness, so I could eat whatever as long as it was safe. I did a lot of reading on pregnancy nutrition and found so much conflicting info.

If you are nauseated and can't eat "healthy" food eat what your body will allow, just try to keep it in moderation I had a few times where all I really ate for the day where carbs, bagels, crackers, pasta and I had to keep a supply of Coke on hand. I'm not a huge fan of artificial sweetners but from what I read its ok in moderation and the caffeine it contains is like 35mgs not that much. Now if you have medical conditions that restrict you then totally go with dr/midwife recommendations.
    Once my nausea subsides, I'm going to try to start following the Brewer's Pregnancy Diet. It's higher protein and it really popular with women who suffer from gestational diabetes. I just gotta get to where I can EAT!LOL Yesterday I had Raisin Bran, a plain cheese sandwich, chocolate dipped cone from McD's, KFC potatoes and biscuit, and a snack size Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatball. Not great food choices, but it's what I could eat.

Haven't been to the gym much lately, been so tired I haven't been much good for anything. I do manage to keep laundry up and keep our son from starving, LOL. He's been feeling kinda puny the past few days too, running a slight fever and lethargic some, but can't tell what the cause is :/ He seems to be better today though, but still curious as to what made it spike like that. I'm gonna try to make it to the gym tonight and tomorrow, I gotta do something productive for myself!

Also thinking we're gonna talk to the guy more who want to buy the gym. I love our little gym, but it can be super stressful and I am just not going to have the time or energy to tend to it like I should. I'm trying to learn how to STOP taking on so many things and getting overwhelmed.

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

Well, things have been going about the same. 13 weeks now and starting to show. Routine hasn't changed much, but gonna have to start seeing a chiro soon. Was doing my squats Tuesday and was having hip pain during reps. Had to have them basically popped back into place towards the end of my last pregnancy. Gonna see if I can't get some relief for this lower back pain. Not sure how much I'll be around on bb.com, thinking it's time for me to take a break for a while.

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

I hope your hip and back feel better soon!
    My powerlifting journal:

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I see that baby bump
    hope all is going well and your appetite returns .

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    mrsh!

You've got a preggo journal? Subbed!

I know nothing about being pregnant, but here to cheer you on while you cook up beautiful baby #2!