Thread: New here

justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New here

Hello everybody.
    I have been reading the forum for awile now and ive decided to make a post.
    Alitle about myself:
    Im 26 i live in canada and have a great girlfriend and a great career. When i was in college i was in (my oppinion) great shape but since then i have been focusing on obtaining my dream career. I reached that goal late last year and got my job now i feel its time to shift my focus on my fitness goals.
    I work shifts so i have a few challenges when it comes to eating healthy and working out but im doing ok so far.

Ive started a plan that i developed through reading bb forums and advice from a competing body builder at my work heres the jist of what ive been doing for the past week and the reaults.

Breakfast: ( for me can be anytime of day or night) a blended smoothy of mixed frozen fruit, protien powder (whey iso) low fat yogurt ( 2 table spoons) orange juice ,banana and i take a multi. ( was thinking of adding oats)

Lunch i just eat a lean protien with salad

Snack protien shake

Work out- with cardio

Dinner- carb time again a small ampunt of rice or potatoe with another lean protien like chicken fish or lean beef.

Snack before bed a salad with mixed veggies and sometimes lean meat if im hungry.
    My goal is 1650 cals a day clean.
    Ive held back my coffee addiction to one a day then green tea after that (hardest part for me on night shifts)

Since last week ive lost 10 pounds- mostly water. I was 208 and now 198 id say aroud 17-18 percent body fat.

Now the reasion why im here. I am here to stay motivated and continue to educate myself and hopefuly motivate others. ..... I am posting all on an iphone so please excuse the spelling and grammer errors. Also i appeeciate all the advice given but im not here to have pointless arguements

Thanks everyone kcco

mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome.

I would give the stickies a good, thorough read.
    I'm only human...except in the gym.

justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justryin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. I read through them pretty often.
    I forgot to mention that in 5'11 and eat every 3 hours

Work out went great today on my day off work, shoulders and cardio followed by a home made fruit smootie.... Basketball tonight will be difficult with the sore legs

Im thinking about posting pics but not sure yet

mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by justryin View Post
    Thanks. I read through them pretty often.
    I forgot to mention that in 5'11 and eat every 3 hours
    I'd read them again.
    I'm only human...except in the gym.

Mediumraw i appreciate the quick response and i have read over some more stickeys Im obviously missing something because im not sure where im going wrong, can you please direct me to an area of the sticky i can read. My focus is back and i appreciate any advice. Thanks

On a side note in back to 200 lbs thia morning its my last day off work until monday so i will take advantage and go for a long bike ride on the trails followed by a back work out at the gym.

Averaging 215 gs of protien a day my carb/ sugar intake is abit too low but i feel fine no lack of energy or focus.

I have no problem putting on or keeping muscle but i have a problem losing the extra fat.

My weight loss has been too rapid to far losing 10 lbs in the first week, i have calibrated my cals to lose 1.5-2 lbs a week

Any advice will be appreciated

Just trying...again lol

Ok so ive done a lot more readin and i think i have a slightly better grasp on this whole science lol.

Maintence cals for me: 2400 cals a day
    Goal cals are still around 1700 a day although i havent crafted my macros just yet.
    Ideally id like to trim down some body fat, so i am setting the goal of 1G of protien for each LB of mass (195-200gs) a day.
    Carbs are still a bit of a mystery for me i would like to keep the energy and mental focus but would also like to keep them around half of my protien intake (critism/suggestions?).
    Fat. I have a hard time tracking fat intake because i take fish oil pills but oter wise from food id like to stay around 50 gs (minimal trans)
    Break down
    Fat-35 %
    Carbs-20%
    Protien- 45%

I would say in around 15-18 % body fat around the somic and sides mostly.
    I would consider myself pretty active. The down side is my shift work makes it difficult to eat consitantly but i am focused.

Any criticism or advise (or links to helpful previous post) you think would be relevant or helpful please pass on.

Also once again i am sorry for spelling errors im still getting used to the iphone lol

Thanks

Today's macro
    Carbs-128gs
    Fats-35 gs (too low)
    Protien- 100gs also too low. Im gavi g trouble reaching my protien goals, i dont like the idea of supplementing too much in shakes. N e one have any quick easy protien soutces they wish to share?
    Total cals 1224 plus i have one more meal before bed likly some natural penut butter. I need to get my cals up and get balanced but im having trouble

Work out was at work (gym rating 6/10)
    Arms
    Bi tri 20 min run

Id like to share pics to gain interest in this log but i am not very good with techy stuff lol