anonymous

Cholesterol drop from one month of niacin and fish oil

1000mg of flush niacin and 2 tablespoons of carlsons fish oil every day has literally halved my LDL in a just under a month - I'm quite frankly amazed at how the numbers look considering I'm on an AI which is harsh on lipids. I just got my bloodwork back and had to share this because it blew my mind how effective this is.

That is all

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have had good luck with fish oil also...

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been on niacin and fish oil for 4/5 years. Both my HDL's and LDL's have been in the 70's.
    I'm not sure how much impact they have, but they're sure not hurting me.

Glad you had good results Halfway.

templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    1000mg of flush niacin and 2 tablespoons of carlsons fish oil every day has literally halved my LDL in a just under a month - I'm quite frankly amazed at how the numbers look considering I'm on an AI which is harsh on lipids. I just got my bloodwork back and had to share this because it blew my mind how effective this is.

That is all
    Thanks for the info and great it worked for you...now I will add niacin to my fish oil and see how it goes for me!

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know niacin works, but even at 250mgs, my face blows up and unrelenting itching for at least an hour. Have tried, but no good.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I take both, and they have had ZERO effect on my LDL, but the fish oil brought triglycerides way down, and niacin brought my HDL from 43 to 68. Overall, I aum happy with the results.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    I know niacin works, but even at 250mgs, my face blows up and unrelenting itching for at least an hour. Have tried, but no good.
    You have to adapt to it. Over time, it lessens. Honestly though, I kind of like the flushing.

icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    High Triglycerides. Doctor concern will try Aciete Pescado.

luo452132102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luo452132102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luo452132102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luo452132102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Thank you for sharing, I will always remember.

anonymous
    Great to see others have similar experiences, my Hdl is still only forty but it was eighteen a couple of months ago.

Sadly I can't persuade my relatives to use either high quality fish oil or flush niacin to treat their horrid cholesterol

The flush fades after a while, now I only get "sunburn " on my head for half an hour or so
    Last edited by Halfway; 04-25-2013 at 11:18 PM.

icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) icafe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did it change your hdl and vldl and triglyceride numbers too?

anonymous
    Originally Posted by icafe View Post
    did it change your hdl and vldl and triglyceride numbers too?
    hdl not as dramatically, tri's were hard to tell as I had blood drawn after a meal, fasting they are always under 70 so i dont care about that number

...Keeping strong! HumblyMuscles's Avatar
    HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good to hear it's working Halfway. My Cholesterol was a tad too high last Doc visit. Triglycerides too high. I've upped the fish oils, and he put me on a prescription Fish Oil- it's called Omacor- don't know what it's called in the States. It ain't cheap either at $70-00 a bottle of 28 capsules- but hey it's my health.
    It's got 1000mg of Omega- 3- acid and ethyl esters 90- whatever that is... The Chemist also recommended something called Cholestrienol, which I'm also taking. Going to do all the blood tests again in Early June, so hopefully it'll all work, but I won't know for a couple months yet! Cheers
    People asking questions lost in confusion, Well I tell them there's no problem,
    Only solutions... John Lennon

If the mind can conceive, the body can achieve.

My best genetic bodypart is my Mind...

++Positive Crew++

4th Dan Black Belt Taekwondo ( W.T.F. ) Former Instructor

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Some years back the VA docs wanted me to take Statin drugs. Knowing that statins cause your liver to produce less CoQ10(energy, heart necessary) I asked if they were also going to supplement the needed CoQ10, and told they why it was propertly needed. They said no to CoQ10 as it was not an approved AMA therapy, and I refused the Statin drugs. Note: the makers/deverlopers of statings KNEW about the drug limiting your CoQ10)

I did see a pharmicist (originally from Romania) and she asked me about the above. She smiled and said she would get me some SLO-NIACIN that would not cause a flush 250mg four times a day, breakfast, mid mrning, lunch and supper just to make sure it does not interfere with sleep.

I also take 9 grams of fish oil and 5 mg of Astaxanthan.

Good luck to you.
    Do what's right.

sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfalcon1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So is 1000mg niacin the recommend dosage to lower your cholesterol? My doctor was talking about putting me on 500mg.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by sfalcon1 View Post
    So is 1000mg niacin the recommend dosage to lower your cholesterol? My doctor was talking about putting me on 500mg.
    as I understand it only 1000mg of traditional flush taken in one dose will work to both lower LDL and raise HDL. 500mg or time release will work to lower LDL a bit but not have the same effect. No flush is garbage and will do nothing - I hate how the Media used a flawed study on No Flush to 'prove' niacin didn't work

Take it just before bed , or if you have home cardio equipment take it then do some cardio while you're flushing - apparently the niacin histamine reaction releases a lot of free fatty acids into the blood according to Lyle which should in theory make fat burning more effective during cardio

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've got a bottle of flush Niacin in my gym bag, I take it as a pre-wo. The flush isn't distracting and since it's a gym-related sensation it helps me 'focus'/be in the now.

I've had great results from fish oil and niacin too:

(Let's see if I can format text correctly...) (nope, pasting image instead.)
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

Originally Posted by philipj View Post
    S She smiled and said she would get me some SLO-NIACIN that would not cause a flush 250mg four times a day, breakfast, mid mrning, lunch and supper just to make sure it does not interfere with sleep.
    Make sure you get your liver enzymes checked if you take slo-niacin ... especially that many times per day. Slo-Niacin, as opposed to regular release niacin, is more likely to cause liver damage.

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    Take it just before bed , or if you have home cardio equipment take it then do some cardio while you're flushing - apparently the niacin histamine reaction releases a lot of free fatty acids into the blood according to Lyle which should in theory make fat burning more effective during cardio
    That is strange, because I have read the opposite -- That one of the mechanisms by which niacin reduces cholesterol is by inhibiting lipolysis, and because of that, actually hinders performance during exercise (and of course reduces fat loss).

Lightweight Baby!!! footbag_man's Avatar
    footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) footbag_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump... Interesting topic.

My cholesterol is up.. considering giving this a try.
    My Ultima-Bol Supplement / Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136362971

icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been taken extended-release Niacin for both Cholesterol and Nitric Oxide. I've been trying to get 1,500mg of Niacin per day, but only been doing 500mg per day (keep forgetting to take the other two tablets later in the day). I'm getting my blood work done this week, so I'll see if it's done anything. I don't expect much, since I think you need anywhere from 1,000mg to 3,000mg to see any real change. I eat enough fish to get my fish oils I figure.
    Eat like an animal, train like a monster, sleep like a baby

Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From what I have been reading, LDL cholesterol takes a back seat to triglycerides and its ratio to HDL in terms of coronary risk. In fact, the latest research shows that as you get older, having higher LDL appears to be protective.

TG/HDL is the most accurate predictor of coronary risk from my reading. Keeping it less than 2 and preferably 1 is the goal.

Number one way to reduce triglycerides and increase HDL is to remove the refined sugars and white flour products from the diet. Basically, most processed food.

Since my complete elimination of anything with added sugar two years ago, my blood report shows TG as 50 and HDL as 77 which would give a ratio of .64

My LDL (which is a calculation and not directly measured) is 142, but now it appears that this may be protective since I am nearing 60 and beyond.

Anyway, just food for thought, I am not an expert yet on this stuff. Just started researching several weeks ago.
    The body is a terrible thing to waste.