Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hello977 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hello977 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Could anyone tell me the names of these pieces of equipment so I can go online and order them rather than get ripped off in my local hardware store?lol

mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike_nofx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really like this idea and will be getting to work soon to make it happen.

I did have a similar concern to one other guy, if being narrower than usual caused any problems, but it looks like you're very happy how it is.
    The idea I have to widen it is, (where you have the top 2 pulleys in the cable crossover setup) to put extension bars attached to the top of the cage, say out of SHS steel or angle line maybe 1'-1.5' long, with the pulleys attached on the end.
    Would you feel this to be an unnecessary step?

Thanks for the ideas!

Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Texmo87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is great, I just bought the same Squat rack used and was wondering how I could achieve something like this. Well done and thanks for the inspiration to make my own!

Cheers, Tex
    ****You can't substitute hard work and dedication****

1RM
    Deadlift - 455 lb.
    squat - 355 lb.
    bench - 305 lb.
    military - 190 lb.

TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like a great modification! However, i'm wondering if it is not wiser to spend more money on your pulleys.

BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in the process of building this attachment to my rack at home.

I'm struggling to find a pulley bigger than 40mm diameter though. Does anyone in the UK know where I can get one from? Tried the usual stores, and have searched online.

TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BiggieUK View Post

I'm struggling to find a pulley bigger than 40mm diameter though. Does anyone in the UK know where I can get one from? Tried the usual stores, and have searched online.
    I've the same problem, but i'm going to try it with smaller pulley's --> 50mm.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Zephyrwerks ships international: http://zephyrwerks.com/default.asp

m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hello977 View Post
    Could anyone tell me the names of these pieces of equipment so I can go online and order them rather than get ripped off in my local hardware store?lol
    I got the pulleys from ACE hardware in Kuwait, I'm surprised you have not found them where you are, here in Kuwait for may gym I rarely find what I want its like a small village compared to US/UK.

Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
    I really like this idea and will be getting to work soon to make it happen.

I did have a similar concern to one other guy, if being narrower than usual caused any problems, but it looks like you're very happy how it is.
    The idea I have to widen it is, (where you have the top 2 pulleys in the cable crossover setup) to put extension bars attached to the top of the cage, say out of SHS steel or angle line maybe 1'-1.5' long, with the pulleys attached on the end.
    Would you feel this to be an unnecessary step?

Thanks for the ideas!
    You don't need to make it wider, the width of the cage is enough, if you make it wider it will not be as smooth because then the angel of cable become too steep for lifting the weight, also narrower cable cross over is softer on your shoulders. I'm 5,9 and my brother is 6.2 we had no problem with the width.

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Any pulleys you get make sure it has a hole for hooking it into the cage the pulley needs to be lose and hanging from the cage, this way its smooth action, if you fix it by bolt to the cage, then its not going to work.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by m6305 View Post

Any pulleys you get make sure it has a hole for hooking it into the cage the pulley needs to be lose and hanging from the cage, this way its smooth action, if you fix it by bolt to the cage, then its not going to work.
    Please notify the 99% of equipment manufacturers that mount their pulleys on a fixed position axle that the equipment they have been producing for decades isn't going to work.

BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiggieUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure those pulleys will work. I've found them in the UK and can't see how they would attached to the rack (for this application). They also wouldn't hold the wire in place as there is no 'guide' to keep it in place.

Its a good sites for replacement pulleys for a power rack/pulley attachment though.

This is the biggest I've found in the UK:

http://www.gsproducts.co.uk/store/in...oducts_id=1681

Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure those pulleys will work. I've found them in the UK and can't see how they would attached to the rack (for this application). They also wouldn't hold the wire in place as there is no 'guide' to keep it in place.

Its a good sites for replacement pulleys for a power rack/pulley attachment though.

This is the biggest I've found in the UK:
    I've tried these ones, work fine, however, they sound a bit squeezy. I think ball bearing pulleys will work a lot better.

jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcrous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the idea. I am in an advanced progress with my rack / cage (here in SA some people call it a squat rack).I will also add this feature.
    Very nicely done.
    Regards

Johan

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice outside-the-box thinking

m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Please notify the 99% of equipment manufacturers that mount their pulleys on a fixed position axle that the equipment they have been producing for decades isn't going to work.
    If you can make a case/holder for those pulleys and weld them to the power rack like manufacturers then do, this is ideal but here I'm showing DIY low cost setup that anyone can put together in 15 minutes if they have the components. Also with my DIY system you can easily change the position of pulleys for upper/lower positions (10 seconds) which you cant do with fixed position pulleys. I takes 15 seconds to put up my cable croseover on my rack and start using it with smooth cable movements. Currently I have a Cybex Bravo functional trainer and no longer use my DIY cable set up, but a few times I used them both for superset, and I still feel its doing its job even when comparing it with my Cybex.

Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamoni22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This thread inspired me!

I researched a lot of ideas when I decided to add a cable cross/fly setup to my rack. This thread impressed me most with it's simplicity, but I did add a few personal touches.
    Instead of using straps, I replaced some of the bolts on my rack with eye-bolts. Ideally I would have used welded ones, but the hardware store didn't carry any that big. These are very solid, though, and haven't budged a bit since I put them on. I installed two sets, one top and one bottom, so I can do high or low handles.
    I also added two more pulleys in the center. In the original design, the angle with the central pulley is constantly changing, so your resistance is increasing as you go up. For some exercises this is okay, but for others I want a constant resistance. By attaching two pulleys in line above the center one, the resistance stays the same. I got lucky because there were already bolt holes attaching the stack to the rack, so again, no drilling.
    Attached Images

gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi first off I know this is an old thread but have to give a big thanks to original poster for this brilliant and big money saving idea.
    Now for my questions and I hope the OP will reply no one really asked this so hope not a stupid question.
    1)what size steel cable did you use in diameter eg 1mm 2mm etc might not be important but wanted to get it exact to yours.
    2) like one poster mentioned earlier could only find 50mm dia pulley in the UK for the two large ones I too can only find this size so will they be OK to use?
    3) from the pics it looks like the two big pulleys are swivel pulleys and the center one is fixed is this Correct?
    Lastly do you still use this set up and are you still pleased now as you were at the beginning? as I said great idea I am really surprised this thread is not bigger thanks.

horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This will sound strange, but a good place to look if you are wanting a bigger pulley might be an antique store. I found a couple of 1930s era heavy duty pulleys which I am sure could survive a nuclear blast, for a couple bucks a piece. A squirt of RemOil and they are super smooth.

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey OP...not sure if the spec was listed...I didnt see it. What size cable did you use? 3/16?

BTW looks great.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gibbsy08 View Post
    Hi first off I know this is an old thread but have to give a big thanks to original poster for this brilliant and big money saving idea.
    Now for my questions and I hope the OP will reply no one really asked this so hope not a stupid question.
    1)what size steel cable did you use in diameter eg 1mm 2mm etc might not be important but wanted to get it exact to yours.
    2) like one poster mentioned earlier could only find 50mm dia pulley in the UK for the two large ones I too can only find this size so will they be OK to use?
    3) from the pics it looks like the two big pulleys are swivel pulleys and the center one is fixed is this Correct?
    Lastly do you still use this set up and are you still pleased now as you were at the beginning? as I said great idea I am really surprised this thread is not bigger thanks.
    These guys supply everything you need, give them a call for advice on pulley/bracket/cable sizing.

http://www.expertfitnessuk.co.uk/pul...eels-188-c.asp

gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone finally got the pulley set up never took never took that time because I was looking for parts just needed some spare time so as I said set it up tried it tonight for first time and pleased it works and runs quite smooth only thing I will say is I did tend to to feel the right pec work more than the left and stopped because felt a little more strain on the right side and didn't want to injury myself.
    As regards to the right working more than the left I would interested to hear anyone's thoughts to what might be causing this and any suggestions to rectify it and if anyone else out there has set this up would like to hear how it is working for them would be nice to hear from original poster but don't think he's following the thread anymore so would be nice to hear from anyone cheers.

Hi just realised there is a kink on the right hand side of the cable and I suppose that could cause the extra strain on the right pec but not sure how it got kinked because the left is total straight please surely someone else out there build this pulley as well would like to hear how it worked for you?

Ashg84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Genius

I've copied this set up to use on my power rack and it works like a charm! Thanks for the idea man! Wish I'd seen this years ago!!