Jack8482 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench Press Plateu

Been training for just under 7 months and my bench press went through a stage of constant growth where I was getting PR’s almost every session and for the last 2 months my bench hasn’t gotten any heavier. I’ve been stuck on 70kg for this whole time and nothing seems to get me past this plateu. However, since hitting 70kg my body weight hasn’t changed at all.
    Weight 68kg and Height 5’9

My deadlift and squats have continued to go up week by week and currently sit at 130kg deadlift and 105kg squat but the bench doesn’t move where as with incline dumbbell press and dumbbell shoulder press seem progress really well and quickly and also seem easier oppose to the barbell movements.
    Any tips on smashing this plateu?

thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    bench plateaus are the worstttttttt. Bench seems to give me the most struggle with plateaus. I usually switch to dumbbell for a week then come back to BB. I just switch it up somehow, make the muscle feel something different.
    stupid in the streets daddy in the sheets

ToxicD152 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi! Ever tried to do a deload week? Maybe your muscle just needs to recover?

Yakery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jack8482 View Post
    Been training for just under 7 months and my bench press went through a stage of constant growth where I was getting PR’s almost every session and for the last 2 months my bench hasn’t gotten any heavier. I’ve been stuck on 70kg for this whole time and nothing seems to get me past this plateu. However, since hitting 70kg my body weight hasn’t changed at all.
    Weight 68kg and Height 5’9

My deadlift and squats have continued to go up week by week and currently sit at 130kg deadlift and 105kg squat but the bench doesn’t move where as with incline dumbbell press and dumbbell shoulder press seem progress really well and quickly and also seem easier oppose to the barbell movements.
    Any tips on smashing this plateu?
    When I hit a plateau at 17 a year ago I just dropped my max which was 152kg moved to 100kg and did rep work till I could build a decent rep range with 125kg+, so say if your max is 70kg maybe try dropping 10kg and doing more 4x8, 6x6, or 8x3
    OHP - 225
    B - 335
    S - 365
    D - 525