Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    kukki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some great information, thanks.

I personally always stretch all my muscles before, during and after workouts and I occasionally stretch some of my muscles every day, but I rarely actually spare several minutes for constant stretching. I will now!

SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for later

Registered User WorkHustleKill4's Avatar
    WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WorkHustleKill4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah yeah stretching. Is it important? Sure. But seriously guys. You ask 5 different "experts" what they think about stretching you'll get 5 different answers. I've heard to hold the stretch for 10sex, 2 sec, and now 3-5 min. Just stretch.
    "If I have to die tonight, if this weight is going to kill me tonight, so be it! I'm dying where I want to be!" -Kai Greene
    "Massive results require massive action." -Tony Robbins
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1RM
    Bench:360
    Squat:465
    Deadlift:495

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WorkHustleKill4 View Post
    Yeah yeah stretching. Is it important? Sure. But seriously guys. You ask 5 different "experts" what they think about stretching you'll get 5 different answers. I've heard to hold the stretch for 10sex, 2 sec, and now 3-5 min. Just stretch.
    30 seconds is usually effective, under 15 seconds is mostly a waste of time.

3-5 minutes is what you would do for serious flexibility - the sort of thing that gymnasts do
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Disagree with this HUGELY! So much research now to suggest static passive stretching does more harm then good. I'll post the studies in here soon for ya. Stick with dynamic warm ups and active stretching "holds".
    SDPharmaceuticals.com Sponsored Athlete & Representative

PharmaFreak.com Athlete & Ambassador

www.Top-Form-Fitness.com/Fitness-Blog

Follow me on ********.com & Instagram.com & YouTube.com /TopFormFitness

timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timee3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gd1

picketf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To everyone that thinks not stretching b4 wo is a good idea..... READ THE ENTIRE FIRST PAGE!!
    You don't need to post studies against stretching when ALL HAS BEEN SAID ALREADY

Stretching before workout is NOT recommended

I myself do stretch after every single set involving pecs because I can feel the difference on the next set (more muscle fibre active) but doing an alternating set of wide grip benchpress ultraslow would probably have the same effect.

To hold a stretch for 5 minutes is a waste of times unless you are trying to master the splits or you want to demonstrate a german suplex

again this has all been said before, just try to read the first page of comments kids!

Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500) Solarwile is not very helpful. (-500)
    stretching is stupid

TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TeamBarbarian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I follow the 4 S's Rule: Static Stretching Still Sucks...

http://top-form-fitness.com/articles...ArticleTFF.pdf
    SDPharmaceuticals.com Sponsored Athlete & Representative

PharmaFreak.com Athlete & Ambassador

www.Top-Form-Fitness.com/Fitness-Blog

Follow me on ********.com & Instagram.com & YouTube.com /TopFormFitness

Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bramley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no scientific evidence that shows stretching decreases the risk of injury.

Although I do prefer a pre-stretch

hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stretching warms up muscles. It also lubricates the joints...
    I think you'd want that if you are planning to go heavy.

hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10) hakoroglu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What i ment was it prepares your body for heavier loads.
    Also try to do dynamic stretches pre-workout instead of static ones.

Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tsmalls95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    repped. great read

DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavidX710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry False

Originally Posted by hakoroglu View Post
    False. Stretching mostly does NOT warm up your muscles. A warm up consists of low intensity exercise gradually building up to higher intensities, the aim of a workout is to increase heart rate (therefore blood flow) and respiratory rate & tidal volume, ultimately resulting in a rise in temperature in the muscles (a bi-product of aerobic energy systems is heat). Do not misunderstand me, light dynamic stretching can be done before a exercise, but should not be done forcefully.

You must be confused... You must be warmed up PRIOR to stretching, think of muscle as a rubber band, a cold rubber band being stretched in more stiff and more prone to tearing or snapping, where as, a warm rubber band can be stretched further and more easily, and is less likely to tear or snap. Stretching is most effective post-exercise as part of your cool-down routine, it relaxes the muscles (stretching elongates muscle fibres after a work-out involving forceful contractions), therefore may aid the reduction of stiffness post-exercise.

What i ment was it prepares your body for heavier loads.
    Also try to do dynamic stretches pre-workout instead of static ones.
    Also false. Stretching does not prepare your body for heavier loads. Stretching may aid in joint mobility whilst performing movements, such as Squatting. Stretching can potentially have the opposite effect in preparing the body for heavier loads (greatly debated). A method used to prepare the body for heavier loads, commonly used by Mark Rippetoe, is low reps of low weight gradually increase up till the full working set. Example: 8 reps x 40kg, then 6 reps x 55kg, then 4 reps x 60kg, 2 reps 68kg... working set of 5 reps x 72kg.

Yes dynamic stretches may be effective pre-exercise, for running... but not effective for lifting heavy loads. Think about the logic, lifting involves concentric contractions of muscle... why try lengthen (eccentric movement) and relax a muscle before participating in a activity that involves muscles fibres squeezing together to lift a load.

SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwoleSports is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    great post, enjoyed reading it

Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    I was speaking with a gymnast and I learned many things.

If you are not stretching...you are doing it wrong :
    It is important to improve the flexibility of tight muscles for :
    -Injury prevention
    -More efficient position, especially for squat
    -Better posture

If you dont stretch regularly...you are doing it wrong :
    Stretching is like muscle building. Frequency is the key. Flexibility gains are temporary (like the pump after a training) and it takes time, practice and patience to see permanent gains.
    For optimal flexibility gains, stretch :
    -Once or twice a day
    -More than 3x a week
    -For at least 2-3 months

If you stretch for ~1 minute or less...you are doing it wrong :
    During the first 1-2 minutes of stretching, your muscles are resisting. In other words, it takes at least 1 minute to start stretching the muscles fibers.
    To get permanent results :
    -Stretch for 3-5 minutes NON-STOP
    -Increased the pressure on the stretched muscles over this time. Ask a partner to push on you or use your own bodyweight to apply more and more pressure.

Quick recipe to success :
    -Stretch
    -1 or 2x a day
    -3 to 7 day a week
    -Slowly increase the tension

If you have flexibility issue for certain exercises (especially for squat), stretching as a part of your warm up might improve your form. Tight hip external rotators, quads and adductors are common among lifters and it can cause excessive leaning and/or buttwink. Look out for hips opening stretching if you have this problem. Tight pectoral muscle and poor scapular mobility can hinder your presses (flat and over head).

Stretching a muscle for 3-5 minutes might seem time consuming for some of you. Here is a simple tips : pick 2-3 muscles that really need better flexibility. Example : quads, hip external rotators and adductor for a better squat position. Focus on them until you see permanent gains, then focus on another body parts.
    Swole Sports® Company Rep
    www.SwoleSports.com

Check us out on BB.com:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/swole-sports-nutrition.html

Follow and Like us on:
    http://www.********.com/SwoleSports
    http://instagram.com/SwoleSports#
    http://twitter.com/SwoleSports

zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Indeed a good post. I can see many people stretching only 20-30 seconds just to "make it there" but in all reality, getting more flexible requires some work.
    If I can help you in any way, send me a message with your thread question or question.

I wish you all a 2021 filled with growth.

chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quadriceps exercises - squats and leg

Not many people do this action, but it is a good way to develop the quadriceps. In order to achieve satisfactory results, the action must be correct specification, the number to be more intervals of not more than 45 seconds, the course of action to keep your feet, legs together, the upper body as vertical, back angle with the ground should be 30 to 70 degrees, that is the highest point in the action, do not straight body, close to the highest point of the stop. This can always make the legs is under tension. This action is preferably more than the number of light-weight, so exhausted as a group. This way you will feel like a thigh muscle in the combustion. To enhance the training effect, and leg extensions can be combined together training, or 15 times and then do leg extensions and leg squats, until a group trying to force.

markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    stretching is the important part in bodybuilding and if your doing it wrong then your going to loose the muscle shape and might end up in embarrassment.

one must ask their coach to teach them stretching after each workout and as it is different for each weight lift you have to be careful about it and do it right!

anyhow time for me to work out now!! Adioz

hamzniq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great man!! I usually stretch fore running. thx

Originally Posted by petertuck View Post
    great post, i really want to start doing my stretching routine consistently but i never have the time, repped
    hey so how do you really get a good stretch in ? ^^^
    Last edited by hamzniq; 11-09-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: grammar

Originally Posted by ShadowLordCS View Post
    Wow, thanks for the information. I hardly ever stretched for over a year of working out.
    did your joints hurt or did your legs and arms spaz out for no reason?

jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaylock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My NASM book says during a trial subjects stretched for durations between 30-120 seconds for 5 weeks. The 30 second hold was just as effective as the 120 hold. However anything less than 30 seconds was not effective at all.

SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100) SteveR1990 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by petertuck View Post
    great post, i really want to start doing my stretching routine consistently but i never have the time, repped
    Same. It's boring

mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mack137 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for such a nice post

-Injury prevention
    -Better posture

Stretching is like muscle building. Frequency is the key. Flexibility gains are temporary (like the pump after a training) and it takes time, practice and patience to see permanent gains.
    -Once or twice a day
    -More than 3x a week
    -For at least 2-3 months

During the first 1-2 minutes of stretching, your muscles are resisting. In other words, it takes at least 1 minute to start stretching the muscles fibers.
    -Increased the pressure on the stretched muscles over this time. Ask a partner to push on you or use your own bodyweight to apply more and more pressure.

-Stretch
    -1 or 2x a day
    -3 to 7 day a week

If you have flexibility issue for certain exercises (especially for squat), stretching as a part of your warm up might improve your form. Tight hip external rotators, quads and adductors are common among lifters and it can cause excessive leaning and/or buttwink. Look out for hips opening stretching if you have this problem. Tight pectoral muscle and poor scapular mobility can hinder your presses (flat and over head).

Stretching a muscle for 3-5 minutes might seem time consuming for some of you. Here is a simple tips : pick 2-3 muscles that really need better flexibility. Example : quads, hip external rotators and adductor for a better squat position. Focus on them until you see permanent gains, then focus on another body parts.

DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000) DrunkBoris is just really nice. (+1000)
    10 min warmup crew
    Lay Down and Rot Crew
    Injured Crew
    Former Powerlifter Crew
    Recovery Crew :)

BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruceleeRoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post! I really notice the difference in performance after stretching. Repped

luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luisfmf94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

-Injury prevention
    -Better posture

-Once or twice a day
    -More than 3x a week
    -For at least 2-3 months

-Stretch
    -1 or 2x a day
    -3 to 7 day a week

Thanks brother, appreciate that!!

yacoubalg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

streaching

I usually stretch after ever 4 sets cause the muscles become really tight

Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dangaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fuaaa

I never stretch..

Bipsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Iyngar Yoga is completely doing what you said, i can feel the differences between a quick useless stretch and a good professional one,deeply.