MartinBHansen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6-7 month progress. Is cutting an option?

All my life I've been fairly sporty, being the captain of the soccer team and whatnot, but a few years ago my team disbanded and I ended up quitting. I proceeded in life by playing video games for the most part, and drinking occasionally. Needless to say, it wasn't much of an actual life, and during this time I put on some fat. One day I just looked myself in the mirror and thought "man, this isn't me. I'm not supposed to look like a slob with terrible posture and a beer belly", so I got my ass off the couch and got myself a 1-year gym membership. Best ****ing decision of my life.

I've been seeing a lot of gains recently, and I'm extremely focused and hardworking once I'm in the gym. However weird it may sound, it's a place for me to relax - in the sense of forgetting everything else and just focusing on moving the iron. I feel like I'm in sort of a meditative state when I work out. I know some of you can relate.

Many people here have achieved way better results and have fought through more bodyfat than I have, but I still feel like I've made somewhat solid progress.

I guess my question is, should I keep bulking or is it possible for me to cut down to a single digit % and not be as thin as a needle? Or might my best shot maybe be to cut for a little while then start bulking again? My goal is to look shredded by July-August, if it's even possible for me to look shredded with my current mass. I would also love a bf % estimate. In the april 14-pic my belly's a little bloated as I had been drinking about 1.5 liter during that workout and in the april 11-pic my biceps aren't tensed.

Thanks so much in advance!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MartinBHansen; 04-21-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: added additional info

Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You've made some great progress, I would personally continue to bulk, however it all depends on your goals. Do you want to look "okay" this summer och look great next summer? I am currently bulking THROUGH this summer and I will cut for summer 2014, reason being is that I am lacking a lot of mass.

Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Although you have made good progress I would continue to add a bit more mass, when people with not much mass cut they often look malnutritioned. U would look in better shape and look healthier IMO if you carried on bulking.

Good luck whichever way you go mate

Thank you both for your feedback.

Since I have never done a cut before, I'm not sure what to expect once I've lowered my bodyfat to about 9-10%. Is there any chance someone could link a pic of what I'd (approximately) look like?

Also, seeing as no stores sell bf measurement calipers where I live and my gym doesn't have one either, could someone do an estimate of my bf %? Highly appreciated.

shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what your height and current weight?

Originally Posted by shortfield View Post
    what your height and current weight?
    179 cm/5'9"

I don't have a scale where I live, but I'm somewhere around 78 kg/172 lbs