kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kwettig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Foot Surgery Monday

Hello all

I am going to have foot surgery on my right foot this Monday April 22, 2013. It is to repair a "flat/ broken" arch. I will not be able to put weight on the foot for six (6) weeks.

Needless to say, it has "shot" my motivation. I understand the need for the surgery. My foot is continuing to deteriorate.
    I image at some point, during that period, I will be able to go to the YMCA/Gym and do some work within restrctions, upper body and???

I have been working with machines since last of December. I have done upper body one day and lower a second. Five (5) work outs a week. I have also been doing 30 mins of Cadrio, low impact, every day.

I started, begining of this month, with a new enthusiasm, a new desire, and a new dedicaiton. I have shifting from machines to free weights. I just started Kris Gethins's program. I, also, have just gotten Joy Hendersons, Positive Engery's, base meal plan. I have been following her motivational posts. I have been working on my disciples etc. My wife and are are following Weight Watchers. Starting next week, the plan was to incorporate elements of the base meal plan with Kris Gethins diet suggestions. And now!!!!

Side note. I do deal with low self esteem and depression. On medication, wellbutrin. This development has set me back, thownme for a loop.

Any suggestions, comments on how to re group and move on.

Thank you all for your comments and suggesitons

Needless to say my motivaton is low. Thank you all for any advice and suggestions.

Keith

registered boglehead OfficerJimLahey's Avatar
    OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do what you can, when you can. 6 weeks can seem like a long time, but use it to learn as much as you can about nutrition/exercise/etc that will benefit you when you're back to 100%.
    I've had some setbacks due to surgeries in the past few years and I will say that staying occupied when you can't exercise is the best way to stay positive. Read or start watching a series like the Sopranos that will keep you busy for awhile.
    Late 2008/early 2009 I had a fasciotomy on both calves for Compartment Syndrome. Now I've got nerve issues in both legs that have to be worked on.
    Late 2010 I had my biceps tendon sown back in place in my shoulder.

Setbacks only matter if you let them discourage you long term. Stay positive and always do the best you can. Good things will come. Winners overcome setbacks.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

Gotta earn your keep.

raymond3412 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kwettig View Post
    Hello all

I am going to have foot surgery on my right foot this Monday April 22, 2013. It is to repair a "flat/ broken" arch. I will not be able to put weight on the foot for six (6) weeks.

Needless to say, it has "shot" my motivation. I understand the need for the surgery. My foot is continuing to deteriorate.
    I image at some point, during that period, I will be able to go to the YMCA/Gym and do some work within restrctions, upper body and???

I have been working with machines since last of December. I have done upper body one day and lower a second. Five (5) work outs a week. I have also been doing 30 mins of Cadrio, low impact, every day.

I started, begining of this month, with a new enthusiasm, a new desire, and a new dedicaiton. I have shifting from machines to free weights. I just started Kris Gethins's program. I, also, have just gotten Joy Hendersons, Positive Engery's, base meal plan. I have been following her motivational posts. I have been working on my disciples etc. My wife and are are following Weight Watchers. Starting next week, the plan was to incorporate elements of the base meal plan with Kris Gethins diet suggestions. And now!!!!

Side note. I do deal with low self esteem and depression. On medication, wellbutrin. This development has set me back, thownme for a loop.

Any suggestions, comments on how to re group and move on.

Thank you all for your comments and suggesitons

Needless to say my motivaton is low. Thank you all for any advice and suggestions.

Keith
    Hey I am also flat footed and was wondering what led you to get the surgery done.Also, what improvements in your lifting have you noticed after getting the surgery? I have my surgery booked two weeks from now but I'm having second thoughts as to if its worth it to get an arch back,and have my foot realigned. I hope you are able to respond back.