Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Ok. My apologies. Dr. Life doesn't try to hide what he's doing. As a matter of fact, the uses himself as advertisement for his anti-aging clinic and book sales. I just don't like it when people on here hold him up as an example what an average 74 year old can achieve.

And inb4 the throng of "but bro, he has to put in the work!" Sure he does, but I see many 70+ year olds at my gym busting their asses weekly without anywhere near those results because they aren't on the stuff he is.

Very true,....but that guy obviously has more advantages than just supps. Genetics trump all. I see tons of guys daily and was surprised at just how prevalent those things are in larger gyms. (recently started working out at a very big gym). Many of these guys are in their 20's and 30's and honestly they dont look that great. Some have told me what their supplement program is and I was blown away. (because they dont look very good at all and you can just barely tell they lift).

So....the more and more I am around this, the more I come to believe genes trump all. I have seen enough guys and from personal experience know there is no magic pill. (in my book) Sorry....but I am not buying it.

As for that 70yo guy. I think you could give 100 guys exactly what he takes and only a very few would look like him. Just like 100 guys could take MrO's supp regimen and I guarantee that not a single one of them will even come close to looking like him. Genes determine response to stuff like that as well.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johncaruana is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Well I have a 46 year old friend who has a better 6 pack than I do at 26 so yeah it is possible. But he's the exception not the rule and getting a six pack at that age is very hard I think since testosterone levels will be quite lower by then. Still nothing is impossible if you work hard enough, so good luck.
    "No pain, No Gain"

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by johncaruana View Post
    Well I have a 46 year old friend who has a better 6 pack than I do at 26 so yeah it is possible. But he's the exception not the rule and getting a six pack at that age is very hard I think since testosterone levels will be quite lower by then. Still nothing is impossible if you work hard enough, so good luck.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ima get banned ITT and I got stuff to do so...

good luck with the abs OP
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    So....the more and more I am around this, the more I come to believe genes trump all.
    I think that is so true. And it's very rare that someone with great muscle-building genes like ID actually comes out and admits that. You can give me all kinds of "stuff" and I'll never get big like him. And I have been busting my ass in the gym and in the kitchen for 4-1/2 years. I may not know what my full potential is, but I think this is long enough to get a pretty good idea of how my body responds. Or doesn't.

That said, I have good abs. Most people think freaky good - though that's partly due to my photography techniques. And I never set foot in a gym until I was 47-1/2. They seem to respond a lot better than say, my legs - which I have focused on since DAY 1 of lifting.

So I'd say that age is secondary. Is it harder as you get older? Probably so, but I don't have the young me for comparison!

edit: I don't really have a 6 pack. More like a 4 pack or a 4-1/2 pack. That's just my ab genetics. But my 4 pack looks better than most 6 packs, so people rarely count
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dgan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    I think that is so true. And it's very rare that someone with great muscle-building genes like ID actually comes out and admits that. You can give me all kinds of "stuff" and I'll never get big like him. And I have been busting my ass in the gym and in the kitchen for 4-1/2 years. I may not know what my full potential is, but I think this is long enough to get a pretty good idea of how my body responds. Or doesn't.

That said, I have good abs. Most people think freaky good - though that's partly due to my photography techniques. And I never set foot in a gym until I was 47-1/2. They seem to respond a lot better than say, my legs - which I have focused on since DAY 1 of lifting.

So I'd say that age is secondary. Is it harder as you get older? Probably so, but I don't have the young me for comparison!

edit: I don't really have a 6 pack. More like a 4 pack or a 4-1/2 pack. That's just my ab genetics. But my 4 pack looks better than most 6 packs, so people rarely count
    Doc.... Thanks. You inspired me to "rant" so I made a topic on it. Major props and respect. (except I dont think your physique is as deserving of all the self deprecation you throw at it )

My rant:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1400235173
    RAW lifts

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey, if you've got an inspiring testimonial (good for you!). Maybe consider posting it as a new thread than bumping an extinct one from 2015?

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I know this is an old thread...but take a look at Doc Hoss’s avitar (above)! I follow him, so I’ve seen his continued progress, but if you guys haven’t and remember what he looked like back then...we’ll take a look at him now! Pretty impressive.

BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500) BBTruck is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Yes you can get there but be aware that you may end up looking 5-10 years older due to a gaunt looking face. But for some it's all about the abs so go for it. At your weight and guessed body fat, I'd say you need to lose about 30-35 pounds.
    Older? Horse****. Anyone that says that has failed and couldn't figure it out. It's food. Eating right is is the key.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm working hard on my 12-pack abs for the summer.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neverbeenalone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I didn't start really working out until I was 39 and am almost 42 now, and I did it...

https://imgur.com/BYMDMR0

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by husker3in4 View Post
    Thanks for the assurance, but can anyone give applicable tips?
    90% of it will be your diet. Look into that, in the meantime hit the gym hard.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What was that quote again? "muscles are made in the gym but a six pack is made in the kitchen". It went something like that anyway

But my stomach was made in KFC

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    What was that quote again? "muscles are made in the gym but a six pack is made in the kitchen". It went something like that anyway
    Yeah, while that’s popular, a natural guy STILL needs to do some direct ab work if you want those deep cuts that still show up without the lighting just right.
    Last edited by grubman; 04-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by neverbeenalone View Post
    I didn't start really working out until I was 39 and am almost 42 now, and I did it...

https://imgur.com/BYMDMR0
    Yeah, but just wait until 43, they'll be gone! Good transformation there, keep it up.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Yeah, while that’s popular, you STILL have to do some ab work if you want those deep cuts that still show up without the lighting just right.
    Disagree. Member of no crunches or direct ab work crew.

Deadlifts, standing ohp, bent rows do plenty to "build" abs. Remove body fat....and you see em..... I have wonederd what my abs might look like with direct training. But I am kind of a creature of habit. I have made it this far without doing it.....dont see me adding them in anytime soon......

[edit]
    Looked at the phone and realized that was an older pic. Here is a newer on within last year
    RAW lifts

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Disagree.
    Edited my comment.

Not saying you can't have abs with just diet, or indirect work...but some ab work to develop the muscles will make the peaks and valleys much more prominent and impressive. Why do the minimum when 3 minutes of extra work every other day can make such a difference?

Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kmu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of the common mistakes Ive seen at the gym is that people will only work abs while on a cut and forget about them the rest of the year, been there!!!

Natural Wheelchair Mr. O marinevet63031's Avatar
    marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by husker3in4 View Post
    Is it possible? A little about me: Im 43, 6'2", presently 215.

Im not a bodybuilder, but these forums are chock full of information so I thought I would ask some of you in my same age group. My workout is P90x. I am working out 7 days a week, the 3 weight weight workouts (P90x standard) + 2 cardio workouts (Plyometrics and Kenpo) and then days of basketball (2 hrs each). Every other friday I will have an off day, usually at the expense of the kenpo workout.

I been doing this for the past couple of years but was forced to take a few months off due to thyroid cancer. I gained like 30 lbs, but am feeling pretty good again - just need to drop those pounds and get back into form - although I never achieved the 6pack I wanted (got close but never could shed all the fat off my belly).

According to the eating plan, I need to eat 3000 cals a day (300g protein, 300g carbs, 66g fat). I cant says I hit those marks, probably closer to 2400 cals or less.

So can some of you who have achieved a nice looking 6pack beyond 40 tell me what I need to do, or change or just keep doing until it happens?
    Ok bud I am gonna give you a serious answer. It is all about diet. But if you do supersets for your training it will help. Look I have a spinal cord injury in a wheelchair etc. However I have a 4 pack and flat abs. you have to watch your diet, what are you eating? How much water are you drinking daily?
    *Cardinals, Blues, Chiefs, MLS *
    *PNBA Wheelchair Natural Mr. Olympia, Champion*
    *Disabled US Marine Corps Combat Veteran 1992-1997*