Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking NutMeigh's journal of challenge accepted goodness

I joined BB.com because no one I know likes weight training, and I need an outlet for my hobby talk and questions. I started with BFL and have worked with a PT since last October.

Despite my love of squats, a weak core has landed me in some lower back difficulty which means that I will spend the next months working towards the goal of getting back under a heavy bar come mid-September, when hopefully I shall embark on my first bulk! Having lost over 120lbs over the last 2 years, the thought of NOT being in a calorie deficit seems rather odd, but the prospect of additional muscle is too tempting to ignore

The plan for the next months is to build endurance, balance, and stability and core strength. Up until January I was in the gym 3 days a week, and doing cardio 3 other days. I've eliminated cardio workouts at the recommendation of my trainer, to give my body a break. Current limitations include strained Achilles tendons from over training (derp. Stopped running last year but its still acting up periodically, so no running and limited jumping), and currently screwy lower back (weak core and lazy glues + bad form = doh).

Current set up will be:
    1 day "push" workout (eg. pushups, DB chest presses + flies on stability ball, one legged DL's with kettlebells, goblet squats etc)
    1 day "pull" workout (eg. woodchoppers, 1 arm lat pulldowns, one legged DL's with row on cables, hamstring curls on TRX etc)
    1 day PT workout (not overlapping on the other exercises unless I have questions about form)

Each workout on my own will also be followed by a 10 minute cardio circuit (eg. burpees, T-pushups, russian twists, gorilla jumps etc). Similar for PT workout, but maybe two circuits there. Depends how much she wants to see me sweat

My food plan is currently set to 1700kcal per day, 128gP, 57gF, 170gC. This is up from 1200kcal over the fall (no macros), and I'm happier for it I'm weighing everything, so I know I'm not exceeding that target. Weight loss has stalled a bit, but both my trainer and the nutritionist who did my bf% and diet analysis assured me that keeping my calories so low for so long will do that to a person. Upon upping to 1700 I lost 1kg in a week, and it's been a slow, slow loss since then. Apparently it takes time to fix a mess - who knew?

Current goals include: Unassisted chins, 30 pushups from toes, sustained fat loss to reasonable levels, and getting healthy enough to get back into the squat cage! Doing the 20-20-20 TRX challenge would be a laugh too

I will update with workouts and progress, but food plan will remain on MFP. I'll post recipes here if I find anything noteworthy

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    18/4/2013

excuse confusion in exercise names and descriptions, I'm translating from Swedish and tend to just go by description of the motion.
    Warmup:
    treadmill/rowing. 15 mins
    goblet squats 8kg 10x2
    starfish leg lift squats 2kg (no press) 10x2

1 arm lat pulldowns 15kg 10x1
    wide grip cable pulldowns 15kg 10x1

Bench step-ups w 1 leg squat to toe touch 10x2
    1 arm DL with cable row 10kg 10x2

TRX:
    Bridges w hold
    oblique crunches
    seated situps w slow roll down
    curtsey lunges
    pistol squats
    all 10x2
    walking curtsey lunges

circuit 3x10
    weighted legs up crunches 5kg
    facedown arm/leg lift
    facedown both legs/arm lift

Did a 7.5km walk on saturday! Kept calories in deficit, and going to run a Push workout today.
    Making chia seed pudding resulted in accidental discovery of coconut oil+cocoa+sweetener truffle substitute. Most excellent.

22/4

Warmup squats 2x15
    1 leg dl touching DBs 3x15
    Goblet squats 15@ 10kg, 16kg, 20kg
    Sumo squats 15@ 10kg, 16kg, 20kg, 26kg, 15@ 20kg
    Pistol squats w rope 3x10
    walking curtsey lunges 3x15
    Pushups w. row, 4kg. (8, move to hands 5, from knees 10) x3
    3d pushups x3 (knees)
    1 arm DB press on ball, 3x10@8kg
    1 arm chest flys on ball 2x10 @5kg
    1 leg calf raises, 2x10 bodyweight.

Circuit 40+10s x3
    Downdog stretches
    burpees
    swimming
    toes on box

5 min cooldown walk, stretches.

Pistol squats are making themselves felt today Hooya!

So, yesterday was a Pull day. Overall good, I think. Having some calf pain which I suspect is a mild strain but will rest it by concentrating on upper body on friday and hope it is feeling better by next week. Was very hungry the last two days and so increased calories to the full 1700kcal. Think I need to redistribute my intake over the days as I tend to save too many for the evening so I don't "run out".

24/4

Warmup squats 2x15
    Calf raises, 1 leg, bodyweight 2x10

Smith machine inverted rows 3x10
    1 leg dl with cable row (low) 3x10@15kg
    cable lateral raise 2x10@8kg
    Prone hip extensions 3x12

prelude to Pull-ups (jump up, lower down as slowly as possible, as many times as possible) 8-5x5

TRX:
    3D rows 3x10
    Roll-outs 3x5sx10
    3D crunches 20,15,12

Circuit:
    10 Burpees
    10 Pushups
    10 Back lunges
    20 air squats
    x4
    14min20s. Tired muscles, dripping wet, but not going to puke! WOO!
    Followed by walking cooldown and plenty of stretching.

Not nearly as sore today from prelude to pull-ups as I was last week, so will concentrate on lats and arms friday. No jumping until the calf is feeling less grumpy.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey there! Nice work in here so far and congrats on losing 120lbs - that's amazing!! Cals look much better compared to the 1200 you were doing, need enough to fuel those workouts. Keep hitting it hard OP!

The only thing I know related to Sweden would be Swedish Fish lol, prob has nothing directly to do with that country but hey, those things are awesome.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Hey there! Nice work in here so far and congrats on losing 120lbs - that's amazing!! Cals look much better compared to the 1200 you were doing, need enough to fuel those workouts. Keep hitting it hard OP!

The only thing I know related to Sweden would be Swedish Fish lol, prob has nothing directly to do with that country but hey, those things are awesome.
    thanks! Before I moved here Swedish Fish + Swedish Berries were my only insight into the culture, but they have them here too (only the fish are salt licorice flavoured, usually. It's an acquired taste).

Yeah the calorie increase has been nice, but the scale and tape measure refuse to budge at the rate to which I have become accustomed. Intellectually I know that the body needs time to readjust and water weight and all that, but I miss constant affirmation of my efforts in the numbers. I'd probably be less all up in my head about it if I could be under a nice heavy barbell at the moment. That feels like effort and progress with every kg added on the bar even if the scale isn't budging, while the layout I have now to work on healing my back and all that good stuff is not nearly as "HULK SMASH!", which I miss. A lot. Makes the pursuit of pull-ups all the more driving though lol

I've got plans for a routine today that focuses on lats and core, so hopefully it will go well. I've noticed my workouts getting better since upping calories, but along with that I've also had waaaay more "stomach eating itself" types of hunger the last few days. I'm thinking it's a good thing, and playing along cautiously 100kcal at a time

Ah, yes. Complain about lack of progress in the morning and eat my words in the afternoon

Workout was lacking in energy, but went well anyways! Didn't sweat nearly as much as usual, but figured its just one of those things Met another nice guy who is there all the time, and wondered if I work out ever day (!). Well now, thats a nice thing to hear even if he's off by 4 days a week lol

Warmup - rowing, treadmill, warmup squats 2x15

1 arm lat pulls 3x10 @ 15kg
    1 arm rows (machine) 3x12 @ 15, 17.5, 20kg
    woodchoppers 3x15 @ 15kg (crappy cable machine, will never use again!)
    1 arm triceps pushdowns 2x10 @ 8kg (crappy machine, jerky, sticking in the pullies) 1x12@10kg in good machine
    wide grip straight bar pushdowns 3x10 @20kg

Circuit x 3:
    dips (heels on floor, off bench) 10 reps
    prone hip extensions x12
    pushups x10 (2 sets from toes, last 4 reps from knees)

TRX atomic crunches (normal and oblique)
    20, 15, 15.

Circuit 3x40s+10s:
    pigeon stretches
    russian twists 5kg
    swimming
    weighed legs up crunches 5kg

And I managed to do something to my shoulder when sitting up from the last set of crunches. Consider the motion which aggravates it, I'm betting its related to the crappy cable machine I used earlier. Badly maintained, doing 10 reps on that one at a lighter weight was waaaaay harder than using the good machine. The cable kept sticking and I had to jerk on it to move it after it stuck. Sigh. Been icing, massaging, and taking ibuprofen. Hopefully it will be feeling better by next wens.

BUT (!) the scale moved! Down another half kg. Oh yes! Increase calories, eat more food, see results. Who knew?

Fab steak dinner saturday, walked 7.5k on sunday. Calories staying in range, so all good there. Have been making more of an effort to meet my macros for protein and fat and keeping carbs secondary. Have been hella thirsty, but nothing too odd.

Yesterday was a Push day, and I focused on legs so as not to aggro my shoulder, which is still tender.

Legs- Push!
    Warmup squats
    1 leg DL touching floor (alternating) 3x12
    Goblet squats 3x12 @ 16, 20, 20kg
    Sumo KB squat 3x12 @ 20kg
    Walking curtsey lunges 3x24
    Pistol squats (rope) 2x12, 2x6 (no rest)
    Bench squat (stand on bench w one leg, bend knee to try and touch toes of other foot to floor) 3x4
    Prone hip extensions 3x15

Circuit: 3x40s+10s
    Pigeon stretches
    swimming
    alternating toe touch crunch (like crabs, only not heh)
    starfish squats

Scale inched under 78kg, much to my surprise. Will see if the trend holds for the rest of the week before taking it as fact
    off today, as its a holiday. Tomorrow will do circuits at home, and thursday/friday in the gym.

Am pleased to be able to maneuver the 20kg KB for goblet squats. woo!

We had two holidays here this week, so no workouts teus/wend. BBQ and red velvet cake tho, so time well spent

Thursday - Pull workout
    1 arm lat pulldowns 3x10 @ 15kg (urg! last set was ugly)
    1 arm rows 3x12 @ 15, 17, 20kg (will do all at 20kg next time. was feeling out the shoulder)
    smith machine inverted rows 3x10
    prone hip thrust 3x12
    cable lateral raise 3x10 @8kg
    woodchoppers 3x15 @22.5kg
    triceps 5x5's 3x10 @22.5kg (last 5 @ 20kg, le tired)

TRX x3
    Rows x10
    roll-outs 10x5sec
    atomic crunches x20 (normal and oblique)

Circuit 3x40s+10s
    Air squats (w arms to floor and ceiling)
    russian twists (no weight)
    t-pushups
    toes on box

Today will bring a mix of push/pull, so will try to cover exercises I missed this week.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on the weight loss!! How's the shoulder feeling now?
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

thank you, officer Ham
    Shoulder is fine! Not even tender when prodded vigorously Am learning that listening to your body when it says "ouch!" doesn't make you a slacker. At least at the surface level. The level that loves watching Biggest Loser is still thinking that if I'm not barfing and crying and passing out that I'm not trying hard enough and am lazy. That level needs to be re-edumicated

btw Hobbes, your 70lbs rows video made me O_O Must start doing those...

So Friday was grab-bag day exercises as my trainer was not able to make it, but I'm getting all able to think for myself now

Warmup (rowing. urg.) + warmup squats
    Goblet squats 3x12 @ 20kg
    1 arm DB chest press on ball 3x12 @ 9kg (will increase. too easy!)
    1 leg DL w cable row 3x10@ 15kg
    side plank w reverse cable fly 3x8 @ 8kg
    Rope pull downs 5x5 (straight arm, bent arm) 3x10 @ 22.5
    Renegade pushup to row (4kg) 5 toes, 5 hands (no weight), 5 knees x3 (oh gods. these usually go so well. killed me.)
    negative pull-ups 3x5
    1 leg calf raises 3x10
    split squats 2x10
    dips 3x10 (able to have feet further out! woo!)

Circuit 40s+10s x 3
    Pigeon stretches
    swimming
    5kg weighted crunches (legs up)
    air squats

not a great day, struggled thru most things. was sweating like MAD (constant rainstorm sweat. odd)... lots of sighing and pouty face, and exhausted at the end. renegade rows had my arms quaking - not cool! However, I did get a great compliment from one of the regulars at the gym. Apparently I am in (translated) "amazing shape" and lift impressive numbers. Considering I've been taking it eaaaaaaaaaasy due to back problems that made me smile. Soon, squat bar, you and I will get to know each other again. And it will be glorious. Angels will weep.

steak dinner Saturday, walked 6km sunday and went out for real gelato! best thing about counting calories is knowing ice cream won't do damage because it fits my macros

today will be a push day, look out legs!
    Last edited by NutMeigh; 05-06-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Result! Scale down another half kg. I'm loving eating more and seeing scale results.

Today I'm going to a seminar by the woman who runs "proteinpow dot com" on high protein cooking and recipes. Looking forward to it

Yesterday's gym day was ok, but I think I need to move my workouts slightly earlier in the day when i can, as I am not full of energy at 18:00. Probably due to when I eat vs train. Adjust adjust adjust!

Push day - legs
    Walking/running warmup (calf complaining, but it was lovely)
    warmup squats
    goblet KB squats 3x12 @ 20kg
    1 leg dl touching DBs 3x12
    sumo KB squats 3x15 @20kg
    walking curtsey lunges 3x24
    pistol squats 3x12 (getting much easier!)

superset x 3:
    3D pushups off stepup board x12
    prone hip extension x12
    dips on bench x12 (last set = sniffle)

body weight calf raises 2x10

circuit 40s+10s x4
    Pigeon stretches
    quadruped opposite arm/leg raise (3 touches,4,5)
    cross body plate raise 2.5kg
    russian twists 5kg

cross body plate raise going better, russian twists still miserable, but better!

if I can manage the gym this afternoon I'll do pull-exercises, otherwise that will have to wait until Wednesday

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good Morning..
    I saw your post in another journal and thought i would look you up.
    First congrats on your weight loss so far...that is wonderful.
    I have also lost 100 pounds.Way back in 2002 i weighed almost 240 and at 5'2 that was a lot of me
    Lately i have been struggling been having some foot problems and a few other things but i am trying to get back into it.
    Good luck i love the look of your workouts.
    Keep it up..
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Thanks Vanessa! Congrats yourself! Keeping that much weight off is quite an achievement! I'm still not sure how it will be to switch from the deficit mentality to maintenance, so its great to see some success stories! My trainer really helped me broaden the way I think about training, and I am seeing a great deal of improvement all around, so while I'm very much a lift heavy - squat hard subscriber, adding the variety I now have to my training program has made a massive difference in my mobility. Unexpected and very much appreciated

My workout on Wednesday was fabulous, I haven't had a day like that in the gym for a long long time! Just killed it. So much fun, and good music on the radio meant I didn't need my earphones in the whole time.

Pull workout-
    1 leg DL w row 3x12 (15kg, 17kg, 17kg)
    3D TRX rows 3x12
    Atomic crunches in TRX 3x20, straight
    1 leg Calf raises 3x10, bodyweight
    Negative pull-ups 3x7 (this was amazing for me! Getting much easier, I can hold the top longer, much slower descent. awesome!)
    Plank plate drags (20kg) 3x8m (rough, but way better than before. very pleased!)
    cable lateral raise 3x15 @ 5kg (supersetted with plate drags)
    triceps rope pulls 5+5s (straight and bent arms) 2@22,5kg, 0.5@22,5kg, 0.5@20kg
    KB Rom DLs 3x12 @12kg (easing back into this to test my lower back, set up the hamstring curl machine and decided I hate the damn thing so much I'd rather do ANYTHING else. this won!)

Circuit 40s+10s x 3
    6kg medicine ball squats (floor to ceiling)
    T-pushups (knees)
    weighted crunches (feet up in the air, 5kg)
    opposite leg/arm raises (3,4,5's)

Was sooo tired in my upper body at the end, but it was fabulous. I worked out a couple hours ealier than I have lately, and I suspect that might be part of the reason. Will continue to do so when time permits!

Today I meet my trainer, so we'll see what she has in store I bet its going to kick my butt

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know a trainer is always something i have wanted to look into. I will be interested to see how this goes for you.
    What are atomice crunch. I am really into core work lately. I love (hate) planks
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

I do atomic crunches in the TRX, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9zgAvua01Y
    They are sweet!

Today's PT led workout:

Warmup squats
    Woodchoppers 30kg 2x10
    assisted pull-ups (1 arm release) 10, 8 , 8 @ 60kg, 50kg, 50kg.
    uneven BB bench press (2,5kg) 1x10 each side
    Cross body 2 hand plate raise in lunge 2x10 @ 5kg
    DB skullcrushers 1x20 @ 3kg + 1x20 @ 4kg into chest flys 2x10
    bosu starfish squats 2x10
    bosu plank w knee touch 1x10

Circuit pyramid:
    medicine ball squats x15 @ 6kg
    russian twists 20 @ 2,5kg
    push-ups off step w shoulder touch (toes, knees, 2x10 on floor on knees)
    dips w kick x 10

stretching, cool down.

really excellent. the circuit kicked my butt sweat sweat sweat!

now off to eat dumplings for dinner with my taller half

Good work, some interesting exercises, what is the uneven bb bench press?? Glad the shoulder is much better, yep yep huge difference between soreness and pain. LOL at "crying, barfing, passing out in the gym" yeah that's not something that needs to happen for successful workouts. However if you are going to puke, aim for the fake trees! Little known fact, that is why gyms have those in there, I mean really they can't have people puking all over the squat rack, would be a major hinderance to everyone else.
    Current PRs:

Uneven BP is just a regular barbell but only with less weight on one side. So for me its just the bar plus 5lbs on one side. 10-12 reps, then move the 5 to the other side. Keeping the bar straight is not simple lol

The gym I usually use is our staff gym and it has no trees, fake or otherwise :/ However membership is only 100 bucks a year so...

Off for a coffee then to the gym! Push day today so legs are gonna get the beats

Really good day! Sweating like mad, and pleased all around. Love it! I think moving my workout to a bit earlier is making a difference with energy levels. Time will tell!

Push-
    Warmup squats
    Goblet squats 20kg KB, 3x12
    1 arm DB press on ball, 10kg 3x10
    Sumo squats 20kg KB 3x15 (too light, but can't hang onto the larger dumbells, bad design. Hmm..)
    1 leg DL touching DB's on floor 3x12
    Superset-
    Renegade rows 4kg 3x10(THIS WENT AWESOME!! Got in 2 sets of 10 and 1 of 8 on my toes. PB!!! Finished the last two reps from my knees.)
    seated calf raise 7.5kg 3x12
    prone hip extension 3x12
    -
    Pistol squats 3x12

Circuit 3x40s+10s-
    Toes on box
    Cross body plate raise 2,5kg (switch at 20s)
    opposing arm/leg lift
    russian twists 5kg

stretching etc.

Really, really pleased about the renegade rows Smug.
    Oh, down another half kg, but renegade rows are the thing making me

Had an all day meeting which included lunch (made the best choices I could, still way too many cals).

Pull workout -
    1 Leg DL w row 3x12 @ 20kg
    TRX Rows 3x12
    Atomic crunches 2x20, 1x10
    1 leg calf raises 3x15
    Negative pull-ups 3x7 (didnt go as well as last time, but still!)
    Rom. DL's w 3x12 @ 20kgBB
    Lateral shoulder raises 2x10 @ 5kg
    Plate drags 4x8m @ 20kg (went way better than last week)
    Pulldowns 5+5 3x10@ 22,5, 20, 20kg
    woodchoppers 3x10@ 27,5kg

Circuit 40s+10s x 3
    Pigeon stretches
    T-push ups (knees)
    weighted crunches (5kg)
    toes on box

Pretty decent! Wound up training aroun 18:00 so about 2-3 hours later than I would have liked.
    Last edited by NutMeigh; 05-16-2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: forgot to add plate drags!

Excellent workout today! Led by my PT, I was actually moved to tears

Introduction to clean and press using kettlebell - 6kg, about 2x 10 times each side. Awesome. More of this to come
    Back lunges with cross body DB raise 4kg 2x10
    Smith machine rows 2x10 superset with 3D pushups from knees (ohgods)
    TRX bulgarian split squat 2x18
    Straight arm rope pulldowns drop set 8@ 30, 7@25, 6@20, 5@15, 5@10, 5@5. (This was horrific. Must do again!)
    Dumbell raises overhead from 8kg, drop sets to form failure down to 1kg.
    TRX 1 leg hamstring curls, leg V's, bridge hamstring curls. Didnt count reps, 3x10?

Stretching, foam rolling.

Am heading out on field work in Greece so will be out of the gym and not posting next week. Workouts will be bodyweight circuits.

Hobbes, I will raise a pork souvlaki in your honor! omnomnom!

Feeling awesome today.

Was in Greece doing field work, so only got in one circuit workout. Spent 3 days doing some light caving so didn't work out those days at all - muscles sore and tired as it was! Food was mostly yogurt, coffee, greek salad, grilled pork, tzatziki and greek bread. Om nom Topped off the caving with a quick dip in the Aegean sea! Awesomeness

Yesterday was my first day back in the gym in a week, so I just grabbed a workout from a few weeks ago. Wasn't in top form as still stiff from caving.

Friday workout:

Warmup squats
    1 leg DL touching DB's 3x12
    Goblet squats 3x15 @ 20kg
    sumo KB squats 3x15 @ 20kg
    freestanding pistol squats 1x12
    Plate drags 2x24m @ 15kg
    Renegade rows 3x10 (5@4kg toes, 5@4kg knees, 5@4kg toes, 5 on toes no weight, 10 on toes no weight) urg! depressing considering PR a few workouts back :/
    dips 3x10
    calf raises (1 leg, bw) 3x15

Circuit 50s + 10s rest:
    toes on box
    shoulder plate raises 2.5kg
    toes on box
    russian twists
    toes on box
    shoulder plate raises 2.5kg
    toes on box
    opposite leg/arm raise
    toes on box
    shoulder plate raises 2.kg
    burpees
    opposite leg/arm raise

will do a couple circuits today. feeling bloated from the delicious greek food.

Circuits yesterday!

Did 12 mins on treadmill to warmup, including 3 mins running at 8km/hr and 2 mins at 12km/hr. Woo! Fast stubby legs

Circuit 1: 40s+10s rest x4
    toes on box
    t-pushups (toes!)
    pigeon stretches
    swimming

Circuit 2: 40s+10s rest x4
    Air squats
    Lunges
    crab toe touches
    yoga stretches

10 mins walking cooldown, 10 mins stretching

Managed 4x40s doing t-pushups on my toes! very happy about that progress!!

Super day!

Pull workout:
    warmup squats
    1 leg dl w row 3x12 @17kg
    lateral shoulder raise 1x10@ 5kg 2x10 @ 7.5kg

TRX atomic crunches 3x20
    1 leg calf raises BW 3x15
    TRX 1 leg split squats 2x12

negative pull-ups 3x7 (Getting better!)
    negative chins 3x5 (!) - this is the first time I EVER tried these!! so proud whee!!!!
    prone hip extensions 3x10

plank drags, 2x24m 15kg, 20kg

no circuit today, total dripping and exhausted. Stretched for 15 mins!

Push day - managed to put my workout earlier in the day and it went great! Am sore from Monday still

Push-
    DBchest press on pilates ball - 3x12 @ 10kg
    1 leg DL touching DBs 3x12
    Front squats 25kg
    Sumo BB squats 25kg (first time with back loaded bar since... christmas? so far so good)
    pistol squats 3x12
    Renegade rows 4kg 2x10, 2x5 walking (these went so well, am delighted!)
    TRX X squats with leg lifts
    negative pull-ups + neg. chin ups, 1x5 each

Circuits 3x40s+ 10s
    Yoga t-stretches
    toes on box
    lunges
    opposite hand/leg raise

Burpees
    Cross body plate raise 2.5kg
    swimming
    weighted crunches (last round did planks)

Was drenched and exausted after circuit 1. Burpees went like a charm tho! Got a few comments from gym acquaintances about how hardcore my workout looked. Major smugtime I've started doing all my weighted exercises as continuous supersets with as little rest as possible between but still not killing myself. Speeds things up considerably! I'm stoked about progress with Renegade rows, love doing pushups in general but these are extra fun!

Not sure what friday will bring, seeing my PT and will probably get some serious butt kicking

Oh, scale down another half kg. Woot woot!

Nice work in here! Had to look up Renegade Rows, looks challenging/10 And I hope you have those hexagonal dbs for those, if not, my mind is totally xploded how one would accomplish those lol.
    Current PRs:

hexagonal dbs? Oh Ham, I wish! Our staff gym has le craptastique screw together round dumbells which unscrew themselves if you don't hold them juuuuuuuuust right and prevent sideways twist. I re-tighten them after each set. To be fair, I think it's given me extra control and stuff, so all good!

I've been RAVENOUS today. And craving salt like mad. Must have been a good workout lol

I have noticed that since doing the rom DLs my back has started making the horrifying popping sounds again - turning over in bed it sounds like I'm twisting a length of big bubble bubblewrap. Looks like I better leave that alone for a bit longer. Pity as its one of the few things that makes me feel like I'm really targeting my hamstrings properly.

PT led workout. Its been a crazy week and I was still sore from my monday/wends workouts so was glad to try totally new things!

Warmup on treadmill
    Squats w overhead db press 2x10, 4kg, 3kg (done slowly, this was grunt inducing)
    Lunges with cross body db raise 3x15, 4kg
    squat kb circuit 2x10 upright row, goblet, sumos.
    Attempt at super light bb straight arm squat to overhead w. straight arm lowering of bb. shoulder made horrible sounds. no go!
    dumbell T shoulder thing (raise straight out from sides, move to in front, lower. Reverse) 3x10 @ 3kg (ow! love it. easy to keep good form. will add to own rota!)
    Chest flies on ball, 3x10 @ 5kg
    Pushups to "superman" opposite hand/foot raises 2x10 (hard. will add to own workouts)
    TRX archer rows (awesome! love this) 2x10
    TRX Overhead squat sequence (Row position, drop back, monkey forward, put arms overhead, squat up) 2x8 (lost count) Excellent. Loved these
    Circuit (she counted, I obeyed directions) probably did all of these 3-4 times?
    10x gorilla jumps
    20x kyak (similar to russian twists, no weight)
    10x Crab hip raises
    20x lying tow/hand touch

Stretching.

Took it easy over the weekend but kept cals in check! Did a lot of walking sunday and finished up with a 3km timed run. first time running in a long time as I have had tendon problems, but I love it so "only" 3k was my reward for my progress so far! As I don't do any cardio training other than my circuits I was happy to get in a time of 20:21 and with only a few 25m walks when the stitches hit.

Anyone else every have a few days where stitches (side cramps, whatever you call em) hit every day, even from just walking? I get this every now and then where they show up from little exertion at all. Probably a posture/breathing thing. Anyways this past week was such a week, and it showed in the run. Warmup/cooldown was another 2.5km of walking. Feeling good considering I don't run anymore! Knee is tired but otherwise no probs Today is a gym day, so pull-ups bar, HERE I COME